Ace Combat 6:Skies of Liberation for XBOX360!

Found best pics so far at: http://www.acecombat.jp/ace6/feature.html

And we finally have F-15E's, that actually have bomb racks!

http://www.acecombat.jp/ace6/feature/images/ace6_image23.jpg (most of the pics show Type 1 CFT's with AMRAAM-C's, this is the only pic I could find that clearly showed a Type 4 CFT)

Wonder if they'll finally get the F-14 back to accurate AC2-style control surfaces...

Weren't those for the PS2?If so, that'll be a resounding no... Gotta have a reason to make you buy the Ace Combat 6 flight sticks anyways. :(

Yes, but the AC 5 flightstick was USB. There are even drivers in Japanese to get it to work in WinXP.

Anyways, Namco has been pretty good when it comes to legacy compatibility, so I think the old flightstick will work on the 360. But I can also see Namco selling an even newer flightstick with AC6 with force feedback and wireless capabilities. Basically, I can see them giving you the choice to use either, but knowing us AC freaks, we'll buy the newer flightstick even if we have the older one.

When? I need to know WHEN i can buy this!

Nov 16 2007

Boys not to mention I did see screenshots of the cockpit displays. I don't know if they function like the ones in OVerG do(speaking of which i still need to pick that up, it seems like a step up from aerodancing/aero elite academy) but they do look unique and unlike the ps2 versions, you actually see your entire MFD's. Now lets hope they function uniquely per plane and hope that each of them have unique HUDs as well.

I was excited about seeing the strike eagle with bombracks and also its own AMRAAM launchers. Graphics look amazing.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

This truly is a coup for microsoft. After all these years, they finally managed to snag a game I want to play!

Though to be honest, I hope there will also be a PS3 port.

Most likely of a PS3 port, they'll probably call it Ace Combat 7 (just like RR6 for 360, then RR7 for PS3)

Those screens look aboslurmely amazing. One of the few consitent series that are on today's consoles. I'm def. going to have to plop down some cash for a 360 now. :wacko:

Edited by Veritas

I'm not particularly excited about it at this point and time. Has to do with the hints/assumptions that this may be a 360 exclusive.

While I'll keep my fingers crossed for a PS3 version, I'm not holding my breath.

In the name of practicality, I plan on getting the PS3 at some point in the near future. It has to do with the fact that I can't play my huge library of PS2 games on the 360. Being able to play them is nice, considering the cost (hence, slow acquisition) of the new generation games.

So, if AC6 is an X-Box 360 exclusive, I'll just have to miss out on this one.

Warmaker---arcade style, not a sim. Dozens of missiles, and stall speed is a single absolute number, regardless of alpha/bank/G's.

I played the original Ace Combat waaaaaaayyy back in the day on the PS1. I had fun with it and the various jets, but I was not amused with the flying.

I'm also wondering how much flight freedom there will be, even if it's an arcadey game. Rolls, loops, etc.

I played the original Ace Combat waaaaaaayyy back in the day on the PS1. I had fun with it and the various jets, but I was not amused with the flying.

I'm also wondering how much flight freedom there will be, even if it's an arcadey game. Rolls, loops, etc.

ton of flight freedom. Just pick the expert settings and you should be set.

Can't your PS2 play your huge library of PS2 games?

My point is, that sooner or later, I going to have to upgrade. My first PS2, which I've had for years, finally gave up the ghost (and it's been a damn good one) early last month. Fortunately, I had one of the newer compact units, which I received as a gift Christmas before last, stored away as a back-up.

But you know the old saying. "Nothing lasts forever". And I have a sneaking suspicion that the PS2 won't enjoy the longevity that the PS1 did, once Sony gets the PS3 on the right track (the issues sorted out).

Probably because they'd be up against the lockon crowd. Kind of like how Halo though ported to PC, is emphasized more for console than it is Pc.

True, but not necessarily just against Lock-On (which looks awesome also, btw).

The PC is the traditional home of hardcore flight sims, military or civilian oriented. Stuff like:

Jane's WWII Fighters

European Air War (I used to play this religously with "Enemy Coast Ahead" mod)

Falcon 4.0 (and now Falcon: Allied Force)

Jane's F-15

Jane's F/A-18

Longbow Gold (awesome late 90's sim)

Apache vs Havoc

IL-2 Sturmovik (considered the king of WWII flight sims still, especially with the numerous add-ons / expansions)

MiG Alley (Korean War era flying goodness)

Battle of Britain

Etc.

PC flight simmers also tend to be very dedicated to a flight sim for years and years. An extreme example is Falcon 4.0, which came out in 1998 and it still has a large following in the flight sim community. The major bugs have been worked out, open source released, and the fan community still produce mods to make the sim as real as it can get.

Ace Combat is good for what it does on the consoles. My only gripe with the original Ace Combat was the lack of freedom of flight, even if it doesn't do ultra-realistic flight modelling. I'm curious to see how this version performs and plays on the 360. I'm sure my friend will snag this up.

True, but not necessarily just against Lock-On (which looks awesome also, btw).

The PC is the traditional home of hardcore flight sims, military or civilian oriented. Stuff like:

Jane's WWII Fighters

European Air War (I used to play this religously with "Enemy Coast Ahead" mod)

Falcon 4.0 (and now Falcon: Allied Force)

Jane's F-15

Jane's F/A-18

Longbow Gold (awesome late 90's sim)

Apache vs Havoc

IL-2 Sturmovik (considered the king of WWII flight sims still, especially with the numerous add-ons / expansions)

MiG Alley (Korean War era flying goodness)

Battle of Britain

Etc.

PC flight simmers also tend to be very dedicated to a flight sim for years and years. An extreme example is Falcon 4.0, which came out in 1998 and it still has a large following in the flight sim community. The major bugs have been worked out, open source released, and the fan community still produce mods to make the sim as real as it can get.

Ace Combat is good for what it does on the consoles. My only gripe with the original Ace Combat was the lack of freedom of flight, even if it doesn't do ultra-realistic flight modelling. I'm curious to see how this version performs and plays on the 360. I'm sure my friend will snag this up.

This one will have freedom of flight, trust me on that, each ace combat starting witih part 2 had full freedom of flight.

I personally never played any of the AC games, so you could say i started from AC0. heheh...does it follow some sort of storyline or something?

That said, i really love the feel of AC0 and especially the moosik. The pseudo sci-fi in AC is awesome as well. Laserz lol! :lol: Which reminds me I have to yet to finish the game in all ratings to get that whatchamacallit plane...falken?

Edited by wolfx

I personally never played any of the AC games, so you could say i started from AC0. heheh...does it follow some sort of storyline or something?

That said, i really love fell of AC0 and especially the moosik. The pseudo sci-fi in AC is awesome as well. Laserz lol! :lol: Which reminds me I have to yet to finish the game in all ratings to get that whatchamacallit plane...falken?

Yeah, you got it right it's the Falken. The AC games have all rocked so far, but the X planes do tend to make the game too easy. I may have to get an x-box so I can continue the series. I would hate to miss out on AC6 just because I have the wrong game system. :p Ahh well more money probably going to be spent.

Yeah, you got it right it's the Falken. The AC games have all rocked so far, but the X planes do tend to make the game too easy. I may have to get an x-box so I can continue the series. I would hate to miss out on AC6 just because I have the wrong game system. :p Ahh well more money probably going to be spent.

Has it been confirmed that AC6 is exclusive to the 360? They may continue on with PS3.

Has it been confirmed that AC6 is exclusive to the 360? They may continue on with PS3.

Namco hasn't confirmed or denied whether AC6 will be exclusive to the 360, but given the growing trend of next gen games going cross-platform (the cost of developing todays games has gotten ridiculous) I'd say it's a safe bet that the PS3 will also get AC6. Maybe not right away, but they should get it considering how close Namco and Sony are.

IMO, I'd have to go with the 360 version. Xbox Live has proven to be a solid winner when it comes to online matchmaking. I haven't heard much about Sony's experience in the online business, but what little I've heard hasn't been encouraging. Also, if it's cross-platform then I wouldn't expect the PS3 graphics to be significantly better than the 360's.