1/72 Tomahawk Destroid

promethuem5

Here's my finished brand new 1/72 Tomahawk... I went for a real weathered tank feel... and this kit was ajoy to work with.... John did an AMAZING job on it. I decided to make it fully articulated...pics of that can be seen in the What's on your Workbench thread... only thing else is the bent knee I sculpted in action on the right leg... I spent a lot of time on the paint work... tried alot of new stuff in regards to chipping (thanks HWR!) and oil paint work... I'm really happy with the results... I also did alot of detail in the cockpit, but the pics didn't come out too good, and I still need to sculpt a pilot...

Let me know what you guys think!

Ben

Oh and, the Tiger in the last pic is for scale...

post-2015-1172119534_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1172119585_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1172119602_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1172119618_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1172119635_thumb.jpg

Wow! It looks great! I have this Tomawahk, I hope it looks like yours when I finish it.

Congratulations!

And yes, please tell us what colors did you use on it.

:D

Edited by cool8or

Well, let's see... the base color is Tamiya Dark Yellow, drybrushed with Valeijo Desert Khaki I think along with some other intermediate mixes, and the brown its are Citadel Scorched Brown drybrushed with Graveyard Earth. I use Windsor & Newton oil paints for the weathering... along with Citadel paints for the mettalics, Tamiya clears for the red and yellow lights, some miscellaneous Citadel acrylics for details like the misiles and cockpit, P3 paints Mercenary set colors for weathering (Privateer Press Paints, my new favorite for acyrlics), and all four sets of Tamiya Weathering Pigments for various dirtiying up...

Berttt, the new thing I tried with the oil paints was where you dot little spots of black, brown, and yellow ochre paint all over the model , and then blend them in with clean thinner to provide some surface color variation... adds to the aged effect of the paint... I didn't do it totaly right, and ended up washing off most of the oils with thinner while doing it, but it did add some nice streaking...

Nice job I still have to do mine but will soon as I get my other project done.

Incidently where has the What's on your Workbench thread gone :( I cant see it ?

Edited by big F