Weather and Toys in Japan

Knight26

Hey all, I just got a trip to Japan dumped on me today at work. Yeah yeah I know how can I say it was dumped on me right? I won't go into that here but it is a total mess logistically and I just hope it goes off without a hitch. Anyway, I will be in Yokosuka the first week of January and then, maybe (hoping not) Sasebo the next three weeks working on a couple of ships. So, I need advice on how best to dress for the weather, I'm hearing monsoons and cold, sorry but this desert rat prefers his monsoons in hot weather. ANyway how should I dress since I will likely be doing a fair amount of work outside on the launcher?

Also, does anyone know any good toy stores in Yokosuka or Sasebo, especially for Macross goodies? I know of the Toy's R' Us in Yokohama, and if we have time I plan to stop by there. I am not sure if we will have any days in Tokyo, but if we do, the location of TRUs or other good stores would be appreciated.

ANyway, hope the MWers who know Japan can help me out here. Oh and when is the Winterwonderfest, maube if I play my cards right I can arrange to have us in Tokyo that weekend?

dang fight it man fight it!!!! Dont let them take you!!! haha Sorry I dont know those areas. Im sure if you have free time you could take a train to Tokyo. Then you can go to Ueno station. There is a nice toy store right outside. Called Yamashiroya. But in terms of all teh hole in the wall places you might want to hook up with Seiichi if he is free.