Aircraft Vs Super Thread VI

Nied

hehe, nice "Albert R. Broccoli presents" intro...

Why in the HE*L are they not more famous? Damned pretty girls, doing cool, dangerous sh*t for a living!

Hmmm; I can see how that might be intimidating, though. Unless you're one of the stunt pilots, a claymore-wielding SAS commando, or a chainsaw-juggling matador, I don't suppose there's much of anything a guy could do or say that would impress these lasses...

And what do we get here in America? Strung out, crotch-mouthed, pasty-a$$ed starlets on the downward spiral; or attention-whoring reality star wannabes; or tone deaf, abnormal degenerates in meat-dresses. We [in general] have sh*t taste...

Edited by reddsun1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/usaf-re-assessing-5th-generation-fighter-numbers-368889/

Sounds like the beginning... or is it the middle of the process to start reducing the number of F-35. Lockheed seem to be really doing a poor job in the last two decades managing costs of their fighters. Does anyone know if the original F-15 or F-16 development was like this?

I know that F-15 numbers actually expanded from the 729 originally required to more than 1,000

http://www.flightglo...numbers-368889/

Sounds like the beginning... or is it the middle of the process to start reducing the number of F-35. Lockheed seem to be really doing a poor job in the last two decades managing costs of their fighters. Does anyone know if the original F-15 or F-16 development was like this?

I know that F-15 numbers actually expanded from the 729 originally required to more than 1,000

That's what happens when they try to get a single aircraft to do everything imho, and not to get too political, the government can't get its fiscal policies in order.

I still think the F-22 would make a decent multirole aircraft or even as a strike aircraft like the F-15E if properly converted.

That's what happens when they try to get a single aircraft to do everything imho, and not to get too political, the government can't get its fiscal policies in order.

I still think the F-22 would make a decent multirole aircraft or even as a strike aircraft like the F-15E if properly converted.

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/f-22-redesign-considered-as-oxygen-system-concerns-linger-368988/

You know I like the F-22, I think the air force should've bought it in greater numbers, and I even think the strike version might make sense. But if anything, it just shouldn't be Lockheed Martin doing the job. I mean talk about screw ups. I don't remember that the F-15, or the F-16, or even the F-18 had this many problems.

Now I know the oxygen system is probably not something Lockheed built, but as the integrator, ultimately, I think it's their fault if it doesn't work. A whole redesign is a big fat WTF were you bozos doing in the first place kind of a question.

when you have that great of complexity you have a greater chance for error which I think is the case with the oxygen systems, they are the integrator, but the part might well (and most likely is) be within the specifications but is something completely random

For being submerged in a lake for 60 years, this Bf-109 is in *amazing* shape:

You can easily make out that it had the typical yellow nose, the swastikas*, the fuselage bands, etc.

Current plans are to make it fly again. Probably take a decade though...

*due to how often swastikas seem to be found well-preserved, I wonder if they used a special paint or something. Bismarck's are still in good shape, when everything else on the ship is pretty nasty-looking.

Wonder if we will ever see anything like the SR-71 again,, 85,000 feet and an unclassified mach 3.2. Plus is was just wicked looking, how many just speed up when locked on with a missile.

Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird.jpg