Vf-s1 Project

wongster

alrighty, detail work is finished on the nose...

wahoo!

wings next

then legs.

then the model is completely finished... on to rigging and animation!

man this valk is so squeaky clean and shiny, if it was real it'd take weeks to clean lol

post-2815-1141544345_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1141544354_thumb.jpg

Edited by wongster

swoot, my picture made the front page!

... lol didn't notice that for a looong time. Must've passed the front page 3 times without noticing. Anyways here are some new updates, the UV's for the thigh. Only a screen unfortunately. Going to do the gun, upper thigh, backpack, and vertical stabilizers. They shouldn't take too long.

I have spring break from school so I'm going to get together with a Avenger to do some rigging... not that he's been any help so far. I'll have some finished model renders in all three modes for you guys in a little while. After the rigging is done at spring break we get to do the fun parts... animating!

Since i'm so close to the final product stage I'd like it if you guys could give me some suggestions in terms of what you'd like to see in the dogfights. I'll try to have at least 5 minutes of content. Also if possible, it would be nice if someone could donate a model of an avenue or part of a city or something so we can do some gerwalk battle scenes on roads.

Furthermore, my tiny little computer won't be enough to handle the rendering so I'm going to have to send it off to a company to get it rendered. Depending on the costs I might do some fundraising.

Anyway at this point the animation is going to consist of plain action, battle scenes, dogfights, and transformations. Maybe later when I get around to modelling other valks, battle armour, and some characters we can actually get a storyline going. Probably gotta gather some voice talents though.

post-2815-1141802376_thumb.jpg

Edited by wongster

VOILA the finished model. Going to start the animation. Still not sure where I'm going with the animation, but spring break is coming soon and I'll take care of the transformation sequences first. I might have to break out some cash to get the darn thing rendered so I was hoping for donations later o.0

post-2815-1142236686_thumb.jpg

Edited by wongster

Beautiful work there wongster. I do have one question though, are the tailplanes supposed to be vertical like that?

380452[/snapback]

Nice work wongster  :D

I agree with memnon ,the "fins" on the back should be slanted slightly.

380479[/snapback]

yeah in my previous renderings the tail fins were slanted.... I just had to put them that way so I can do the UV's. I'll do another fighter mode render with the slanted vertical fins when I finish the rigging for the transformation. Its almost done, but i'm still working out the darn bugs (joint restrictions and stuff). Anyway, when I'm done I'll post a link to the transformation video. OMG its going to take so long to render =.=

ah well, iI've got a bunch of comps I can stick together and maybe i'll borrow my friends since his graphics card is crazy good.

I haven't decided whether i'm going toi release the model or not. I'm almost done the low poly version for games etc. That one I'll release for sure. It would depend on what you wanted to use the model for anyway :S.

Though I would think that having a physical wooden version of my model would be pretty damn cool. I've done some stuff on AutoCad at school actually, but I don't know that much. Most of the time for our assignments when we have to use the automated router I just convert the .lwo's to auto cad. Its more efficient anyways.

Beautiful work m8 could you do the same with a 1000 poly limit?

There’s a gang here building a HW2 mod that could probably direct your talents for something bigger then just a lw model. There’s not much chance that Harmony Gold will let you do anything commercially related with your talents for building Macross related stuff so helping build a freeware game is probably you’re best bet for going down in the Macross history books.

Plus there just something about starting up a game and playing something that you built yourself . You start to remember every problem you had building it and recognising any cover ups or flaws. It really does give you a kick!

Seriously think about it man cause it would be a shame to see you’re talents go to waste before you get a big job in the big city making 3D logo’s and laying in you’re bed thinking if only I could turn back the clock and fight the “good†fight!

Thanks for the words of kindness. I'm interested in these freebee projects as well as professional ones. I am out there to make some bucks :p

I'm running my own business from home at the moment, I do web consulting (webpage designing). Often getting a job for a little while is just so I can learn a few things. It doesn't mean I have to stay for long. I put the model togetter pretty fast and I'm working on the texturing. Modelling is my favourite department and probably the only one I'm familiar with. I'm searching for some assistance with animation at the moment :blink:. I'm familiar with the macromedia (excuse me.. ADOBE seeing as the bought them out... darn buggers) Flash MX and previous versions. I understand animation from a 2d point of view, but i still have much to learn in terms of 3d animation. Its like when you pick up your first piece of 3d modelling software and it drives you nuts just because you have 3 viewports and everything has to be in the right place otherwise your object will look funny. In other words it takes some getting used to. But be sure to watch out for a pretty pro animation. I'll send the segments as they get finished.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

alright I fixed the rig and moved the gun around. I won't post another render until tomorrow... I have to redo the entire animation =.=.

Heres some other ones I found on gVideo though, they're not the greatest in quality but they work :p

these guys didn't bother to make sure that there were no collisions during the transformation... or at least cover them up with the camera angle :blink:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=28...2734435&q=VF-1S

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=86...2853764&q=VF-1S

some music vids.. and robotech battlecry review

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=macross

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=robotech

Edited by wongster