Macross Frontier Figures

CF18

OMG!!! *joygasm*

I'm so glad I canceled my Tama-nee order and didn't cave and get the banpresto Sheryl,

but wait, WHAT IS THIS!?!?

post-4286-1240524453_thumb.jpg

holly crap someone get a translation going, I must know what this is!

Sometimes I wish I didn't live with my parents... but what the hey, I pre-ordered that KOS-MOS v4 swimsuit so why not this? :lol:

Face sculpt is impressive.

Edited by shiroikaze

Hm. I dunno - that Ranka looks wierd. Although she has nice legs.

But I've pretty much switched my fixed posed doll fetish to Yoko from Gurren Lagann anyways.

I DO want to get a Sheryl figure though. I'm getting the Call Monster Girl swimsuit Ranka.

As for Sheryl - I really want her in a nice dress, not in the BDSM uniform duds.

Pete

Thanks for the pic!

I look at it more closely...

While the face of Sheryl is more accurate than the Banpresto one, it doesn't match well with her outfit. The face expression is calm and tender, but she is wearing something wild. Kind of inconsistent...

I love it, totally buying (their goes my model budget for the rest of the year :( ). I really like the face sculpt. I like the less wild look compared to the banpresto, even if it is on a sexy body. The only thing that bothers me is that the left arm has an awkward looking bend to it, maybe it's just the pictures, maybe not. Either way, if the final product looks like the pictures (highly likely considering it's Megahouse) I'm totally sold.

Does anyone know if the uniform is removable?

Or will there be two separately sold figures?

That's what I'd like to know. I kinda like the sexy, sultry look of this Sheryl. It's not wild, but she has that look like, "Just wait till you take me home!" Hahaha

I like those two sculpts also, the one of Sheryl and Ranka. Are those the same sculpts of Sheryl? That one seems to be in underwear only. Either way, my Sheryl collection will grow.

Does anyone know if the uniform is removable?

Or will there be two separately sold figures?

I am not sure... But in the pics it didn't mention the price for 2 models... And when I preordered in a shop, the shop owner didn't ask me which version either.

Safely assume the uniform is removable...

• 2 weeks later...

O.O awesome...

I'm a little concerned though, it's obvious the arms are going to have to come off for the cast off to work and considering that the area where the seams would be are conspicuously blocked in every shot I'm worried that the seam lines are atrocious in person and they're trying to hide it.

O.O awesome...

I'm a little concerned though, it's obvious the arms are going to have to come off for the cast off to work and considering that the area where the seams would be are conspicuously blocked in every shot I'm worried that the seam lines are atrocious in person and they're trying to hide it.

As a big collector of MegaHouse figures (Thanks to their line of Queen's Blade boobage), I can assure you their quality is excellent (as far as fixed posed female figures go ^_^ ; no comments on their less than excellent poseable Mospeada male action figures... <_< )

However, if you're thinking of swapping between dressed up and un-dressed poses often, I suggest you get 2 of them. The thinner plastic clothes and figure head/arm/leg pegs don't like to be handled too often, and you may rub the nice body sculpt with the clothes' paint accidentally too. :)

Edited by blacklotus

Despite what my previous comment, I am trying to preorder it already. ^_^

Never thought I would buy character figures before the CMS Minmay. And then the MF ones...

And you have already pre-ordered it...bwahahaha!

Crap happens to everyone: I have 2 Banpresto Klans, 1 bootleg (dark underbelly of toy trafficking in Hong Kong!), and 1 from Japan. Wife hates me for that, my reason: I got the bootleg (minor QC defect and some different hair sculpt) because I thought the Klan, being A prize, would be very expensive once available. Silly me.

This Sheryl does look a lot better than the overpriced Banpresto B prize, but I don't want to go down the path of mr ff95gj, definitely will look away these statues, there are too many mecha to collect! I am the only one here who thinks the face is still not quite there yet (EDIT: chin looks to pointy)? The removable uniform is a nice gimmic, and thanks blacklotus for warning everyone about the paint rubbing/transfer and pegs wearing off.

(Trying to look away from this page already)

Edited by regult

O.O awesome...

Good call on the seams being cleverly concealed by the angle of the shots. It totally went over my head, but then I'm not a big collector of this type of thing. I wonder about the seams myself now, but as blacklotus says Megahouse has good quality. Makes me wonder though.

That's actually Alpha Omega, Megahouse and Alter's shared brand whatsitnamewhatever. It should be friggen awesome.

..Sigh..my girlfriend is gonna kill me if I get that..

Actually, if my sources are correct, all 3 companies listed above are BANDAI subsidiaries. Don't ask me why BANDAI needs to have 3 subsidiaries selling essentially the same thing, or why it couldn't release them under it's own BANDAI brand either. :blink:

Guess I'm lucky (or is that unlucky?) I don't have a significant other to love and grow old with. It's alright. It's already written into my destiny. The week I was born, the No.1 song on the billboard charts is Gilbert O'Sullivan's Alone Again, naturally. :lol:

My recommendation: spend the money on your GF. :)

Edited by blacklotus

Good call on the seams being cleverly concealed by the angle of the shots. It totally went over my head, but then I'm not a big collector of this type of thing. I wonder about the seams myself now, but as blacklotus says Megahouse has good quality. Makes me wonder though.

The seams are definitely visible, since the clothes are cast in 2 parts (at least) and meant to be removable. So no choice there if one wants a castoffable dollie. Unless, all the dollie wears is an apron (cough...QB MILF Cattleya) or thin strappy armor plating (cough...QB Leina)

Check out Nanael, the polka dotted panty wearing QB angel. The clothes seams are definitely visible.

I wasn't big on dollie figure collecting either until the MegaHouse QB figures came along - great quality, scale (their 1/8 is comparable to 1/6 from other companies) and price compared to other maufacturers.

Also Yamato and Bandai wasn't doing a good QC job on their mecha/giant robot stuff/chogokin. Unlike you lucky chaps in US/HK/Japan, we in SG don't have the luxury of having broken parts/bad QC parts replaced. Hence, I switched from spending US$200 a pop (inc shipping) on giant robos to collecting US$50 a pop on dollies.

Correction: I think for this Sheryl figure, you may have 2 switchable bodies instead: 1 with the blue riding suit, 1 with the black bra strap, so you have to pop off the head and maybe lower body to attach to either one. Why? Because the price is 6800yen, higher than the normal 5700yen for a bikini monster Ranka. That 1000yen usually means some additional part. Also, notice the color of the gloves between the 2 costumes are different, and the arms are usually not removable from the long sleeves. Just my guess though. Hope to see the actual product in 2 months time. :)

Edited by blacklotus

As a big collector of MegaHouse figures (Thanks to their line of Queen's Blade boobage), I can assure you their quality is excellent (as far as fixed posed female figures go ^_^ ; no comments on their less than excellent poseable Mospeada male action figures... <_< )

However, if you're thinking of swapping between dressed up and un-dressed poses often, I suggest you get 2 of them. The thinner plastic clothes and figure head/arm/leg pegs don't like to be handled too often, and you may rub the nice body sculpt with the clothes' paint accidentally too. :)

I've got several of theirs myself (QB Nanael is my favorite) and they do make very good figures. Just talking from shopping experience across all brands, If they get creative with the angles they shoot at there's a chance they're hiding something. I'm not to worried though.

and I know all about scuffing and how delicate scale plastic clothing can be. This like everything else would stay in fully cast off form. ^_^