Macross 30... Working on Translation Guide

Zoroastres

If you're talking about 盗まれた壺, I've just completed that sub quest. It's required to unlock the vanquish races for that area. The vase is on the field map as a regular blue sparkly circle of light. Follow the map to the highlighted search area. Or, perhaps you already have it in your inventory. The item's name is simply 壺.

Also, if the end of the description of the quest has a [マップ情報あり] it means that the information will be displayed on the map.

Completed, thanks.

Stupid me, it was in my inventory all along.

I'd been checking my inventory for an item which was 4 characters long (see what I've marked on the attached pic of the quest description) as I thought that was the item name.

But once I checked for the single character you posted "壺", I found it was already in my inventory.

Graham

post-11-0-40709500-1374485325_thumb.jpg

Likely I'm incorrect, but I think the latter 3 characters mean something like "found" or "retrieved/collected."

I noticed them on a few other quest descriptions, after taking the scattershot approach to clearing a few quests by just loading my inventory up with every single-quantity quest item at the hangar and flipping back to the bridge to check which conditions had been satisfied.

• 1 month later...

Okay, so my gf imported this game for my birthday (she's a keeper) and I tried playing for a short while before bedtime. We're wondering if there's any dialogue translation, or a listing of the dialogue in each scene. If there's something on the internet (like a script), we can just use a translator to get the gist of what's being said. Although I could just play the game and try to figure things out, I'd like to know the story, as well...

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so my gf imported this game for my birthday (she's a keeper) and I tried playing for a short while before bedtime. We're wondering if there's any dialogue translation, or a listing of the dialogue in each scene. If there's something on the internet (like a script), we can just use a translator to get the gist of what's being said. Although I could just play the game and try to figure things out, I'd like to know the story, as well...

I don't think so. I think my fic is pretty close to what they're saying but I'm most certainly an amateur.

That's too bad. My gf loved Frontier and was excited to get this game for me so she could watch for the story and action... almost like a whole new series to her. Well, she can't understand a lick of Japanese and I am finding myself not really enjoying the game the way I had hoped. I am giving her the loose rundown of what's going on based on what I've read of your fanfic, Banshee. At some point, I'll progress past what you've done so far and we'll be in the woods. One of the guys who builds rockets with me is Japanese, but I fear to ask him to translate because, even though he's been in the US for a very long time, I can't understand him half of the time. :p

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Been trying to get the Ggogle doc to print for two hours, no dice. Anyone have this amazing guide converted to pdf so I can print it out. Much appreciated. Had the doc saved to my tablet, but my youngest pissed on the power cord when it was plugged in and fried it :(

• 5 months later...

That would be amazing. By the way, the skills section in your guide has some weird broken up formatting, not sure if you're aware. It's still totally readable though.

Formatting is a *****. Depending on how you view the document (web, googledocs, microsoft word, openoffice, etc.) you will see slightly different formatting. It is IMPOSSIBLE to make a single document look decent on everything. I've re-adjusted the placement of skill icons in the table to (hopefully) fix some of the wonkiness with lines vanishing... beyond that, if you're still seeing issues with something I strongly recommend viewing the document directly (IE download it from GoogleDocs and open it with a text editor).

Been trying to get the Ggogle doc to print for two hours, no dice. Anyone have this amazing guide converted to pdf so I can print it out. Much appreciated. Had the doc saved to my tablet, but my youngest pissed on the power cord when it was plugged in and fried it :(

There should be an icon on the GoogleDocs page that will let you download the document yourself, directly. It's the universal(?) download symbol--a box with an arrow pointing down. Beyond that there's always the web-version. I think there's a PDF version floating around somewhere, but it's pretty out-of-date. If you still need it, let me know. But it's been six months, so I kind of figure it's timed out? Yeah: I don't have a very active online presence.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just started playing this past weekend, made it up to 2-4; throughly enjoying it.  My question is in regards to building the Plans; to this point I've used only parts worth 1pt to build, saving any and all multi-pt parts for later builds.  Starting to get to the point where doing so wipes out all the single pt parts acquired.  Or did you mean to use the least amount of total parts to build a plan, meaning if you can spare a 6pt part, go ahead a do so?

• 1 month later...

It's been a while since I've messed with blueprints so my memory may be off, but if I remember correctly the idea is to use the *most* parts possible, and save the high-value parts for blueprints with higher thresholds. Use as many low-value parts as possible, so that you'll still have the higher-value parts when you need them.

---

I feel like I should touch on this here as I've gotten some emails about it, and maybe I should add it to the FAQ section of the guide, but re: translating the M30 game script... I have, in fact, looked into doing that. Personally I don't think it's very feasible. Someone did rip the script of the game, which theoretically makes a translation effort much easier... BUT the actual word file has a lot of programming goblety-gook that has to be sorted through to find the actual lines of dialog. For every one character used in dialog, there are three or four random characters/symbols, and there's no clear demarcation between the two. Furthermore, much of the script (at least in the early chapters) is super-boring, gamey stuff. (Basically a lot of tutorialization and basic setting explanation that is profoundly tedious to translate).

I believe there are some bilingual Lets Players who tackled M30, who explain/translate as they play. I'm not very familiar with them, but if you want a better understanding of the story that might be the best approach to take.

Appreciate the feedback; basically figured it out on my own, well on my way to acquiring and building rank 3 Blueprints.  Even built quite a few of the rank 2 planes my first go around that I couldn't use unless by the Valkyrie's designated pilot.  What if any bonus's are attributed to blue-prints built using "model specific" parts?  I've seen some variances in total HP or weapon capacities increasing but nothing that had made me go Unit 1= built with junk parts  VS. Unit 2= built with bonus parts only.