Star Wars toys

I want the Falcon and AT-TE but currently don't have space. Eventually I hope to get them, just not anytime soon.

I won't be picking up too many figures just yet for Clone Wars, the Anakin in wave 1 does not have knee joints, and it looks like the upcoming Monastery battle pack with STAPs and battle androids has a a retooled Anakin with cloth tunic, and ball jointed knees and ankles. At least I hope there are ball jointed knees, the picture I saw looked like it.

I will be picking up a few Legacy figures though, like Darth Vader and Clone armor Kenobi and Saesee Tin.

So, my cell phone is being stupid and I am having issues mailing myself the pics. I will post them when I get them to myself. =\

AT-TE. Yeah that. It looks amazing. Not sure if I am liking the Legacy packaging though.

Cell phone is still being stupid, but my buddy got off work this morning after buying the following. They aren't supposed to be out until tomorrow, they had to manually set a price for them. Lol

post-385-1217169974_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chewie

Someone took a video of the SDCC exclusive "Distrubance in the force" boxset doing it's thing, I wish it used the OTV dialog but still this is an awesome toy.

The next big item rumored is a Star Destroyer.

Vicotry, Imperial or dare I ask? Super Class?

I'm thinking of using GI Joe ground vehicles as Rebel/Republic armour. Can anybody think of appropriately industrial/futuristic-looking GI Joe vehicles that would fit the bill?

So far I've only thought of the Avalanche (for it looks abit like Yutrane-Trackata's tracked tanks) and the ultra-rare Blockbuster (reminds me of the Juggernaught Turbo Tank).

Maybe the HAVOC? since it's got a hover vehicle in the back? http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/86/havoc/havoc_iso.shtml

post-772-1217200746_thumb.jpg

post-772-1217200763_thumb.jpg

post-772-1217200781_thumb.jpg

Edited by lord_breetai

So did anyone get any SW clone wars toys today??

And the BMF - Big Millenium Falcon??

Yes, that's what BMF stands for. Of course, if used as "That Millenium Falcon is one BMF!!," the abbreviation would stand for something else. ;)

Yeah, I saw the whole set-up at both Wal-Mart and Toys R Us. Didn't buy any of the figures though. Was tempted to buy the CW Grevious, but it looked like he had limited articulation. Snow Bunny Padme looked solid and well-articulated, but wouldn't have any place to put her in my collection. Sandstorm Luke? I already customized my own version of a DSII Luke, so there wasn't too much incentive for me to buy this latest version of the Jedi Luke.

Honestly, at this point, there's only one figure (or set of figures) that I'd really buy from this year's SW figure releases.

Going back to the BMF though, I saw one at TRU and the box for that sucker was HUGE!!!!!!!!! Seeing the sheer size of that thing put a big ol' grin on my face.

Was tempted to buy the CW Grevious, but it looked like he had limited articulation.

Wait for the Legacy Grevious, its hard to tell but it does look super articulated.

Going back to the BMF though, I saw one at TRU and the box for that sucker was HUGE!!!!!!!!! Seeing the sheer size of that thing put a big ol' grin on my face.

That thing takes up an entire bottom endcap at Target. Heavy too.

Well, after a family vacation in at Disneyland, I came back with the Star Destroyer in tow.. and it's not $300 anymore, it's down to $200. Don't ask me why it's cheaper all of a sudden, but I snapped that up fast. I don't think it's a store special either, they said it's listed for that online as well. If anyone wants pics, lemme know. :)

Frankly though, the construction of it doesn't impress me much. It's beautiful no doubt, but it's not sturdy in the least. Soon as I get a chance, I'm rebuilding bits of it so it stays together better. It's more like a sculpture than anything else.. because of the weird angles, the entire upper superstructure doesn't even attach with studs, it just sits on top. Actually that's a good thing though, since removing the bridge structure exposes the inner framework, which is the only thing strong enough to lift the thing by. My advice? Build it where you plan to display it, and don't try to pick it up.

Now I'm torn though...Once my job starts and I have a paycheck, I may have to decide between getting myself a 1/60 YF-19/YF-21 combo, or getting the Lego Falcon. I hate decisions like that. :wacko:

By the way, if you're planning on shopping at the Lego shop, make it the last thing on your list of things to do in the Disney area. I bought it mid afternoon, then toted the 15 lb ISD box with me through Disneyland for a couple hours.. no lockers big enough, and they wouldn't check packages bought outside the park. Entirely my own fault, but I couldn't wait. ^_^

Edited by Chronocidal

My local Wal-Mart were setting up a HUGE clone wars display this morning ... didn't pick anything up, as I was looking for 25th Joes.

A lot of the figures looked like the same and/or repaints from previous SW lines.

Edited by Vermillion21

I picked up the Millenium Falcon at TRU in Times Square. Its huge, lots of detail but interior and exterior. The only thing I dont like is that the landing gear clips in and doesnt retract. It also comes with a small fighter that pops out of the side. I am not a huge SW fan, having only seen the movies, does the fighter come from any particular book, comic, or special?

does the fighter come from any particular book, comic, or special?

Nope. It's unique to the toy.

Also, update. For what it's worth still trying to get the pictures off my phone. I usually mail them to myself but keep getting an error and my roommate borrowed my pc cord and that we will never see again.

Trying!

I picked up the Millenium Falcon at TRU in Times Square. Its huge, lots of detail but interior and exterior. The only thing I dont like is that the landing gear clips in and doesnt retract. It also comes with a small fighter that pops out of the side. I am not a huge SW fan, having only seen the movies, does the fighter come from any particular book, comic, or special?
They did the clip-on landing gear due to the lack of interior space, since this isn't scaled to 1:18 interiors. Its scale in relation to the figures is closer to the exterior prop they used in filming.

Anybody get an AT-TE yet?

Its abit too iconic to use, in my opinion.

I dunno... if you repainted it white, slapped some Rebel alliance logos on it, I think it'd look very cool indeed. But that's just me.

Are you talking about the escape pod? It was mentioned that the Falcon does have escape pods, the Imperials mention in A New Hope that they'd all been launched already and that the log said they'd been jettisoned just after take off. I believe in actuality they were supposed to have been jettisoned when Han dumped Jabba's cargo.

The mini-fighter's design is by Hasbro. The Falcon's escape pods are likely to be a different design if Lucasfilm got around to designing it.

Okay just checking here does the instructions or packaging officially call it a mini-fighter? Cause every Hasbro rep (ref

), or reviewer I've seen talk about it says it's an escape pod... I buy that it's a Hasbro original design, I'm just checking.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got the TRu exclusive Dagger Sqn B-Wing. I prefer the ROTJ colors, but I like the EU, and I have wanted a B-wing for years(never bought the previous ones), so I have looked forward to this for a long time. This thing is HUGE! Despite being an old mold with new swappable missle launchers/cannons, this is a fun toy to play with, and the gimmicks are impressive. The cockpit that remains upright no matter what directions the wings are facing, the landing gear activation lever, the twisting engine nozzle to turn the wings, and the new super articulated Dagger sqn leader figure are all good reasons to pick this set up. Rugged, and the scale seems appropriate.

It also came with TIE kill marks, and I placed all of them over my B-wing cockpit. I wanted mine to look like a starfighter massacre, a destroyer of anything imperial in its way.

The paint deco is okay, bland, but not terrible. Not sure if its accurate to the actual sqn colors, but even if it isn't, I can live with it. The B-wing is one of my favorite starfighters(there aren't many fighter bombers fielded by the rebels), and its unique. Its definitely one of the best starfighter toys out there, if this is the exact same thing released in the 80's except for the new cannons, then this thing is one hell of a toy, and kids back then were very lucky.

Okay just checking here does the instructions or packaging officially call it a mini-fighter? Cause every Hasbro rep (ref
), or reviewer I've seen talk about it says it's an escape pod... I buy that it's a Hasbro original design, I'm just checking.

Did that guy said that the landing gear pops on and off? I dunno. I'd rather have retractable landing gear like the original toy had. The toy is very impressive nevertheless. I'd like to have a closer look of that "mini-fighter". For what I've seen so far it looks very similar to the Narcissus scape pod from Alien, that's cool. In any case I'm sure Hasbro could've used that space to add more movie accurate features for us grown up collectors (like retractable landing gear perhaps?). Hasbro seems to be still torn between the adult collectors and the little kids who don't give a damn about movie accuracy.

Speaking of big a$$ Millenium Falcons, I don't know if this has been discussed yet (my apologies if it has). The Death Star Scape playset for the Hasbro figures by Attakus. Includes a big chunk of the MF at the 3 3/4" figures actual scale. Only 400 to be distributed worldwide.

post-1636-1219021019_thumb.jpg

The mini-fighter's design is by Hasbro. The Falcon's escape pods are likely to be a different design if Lucasfilm got around to designing it.

I'd like to hear a definitive answer from the Hasbro designers, but the fighter that the new Falcon comes with reminds me just a tiny bit of the aborted clip-on mini-rig that Kenner planned back in the 80s:

http://theswca.com/index.php?action=disp_i...p;item_id=50980