Toynami 1/100 line

nightmareB4macross

Since there is no designated topic for these "like it or not" transformable renditions....

Just noticed that the new Series 4 has hit HK and are now available on ebay.

VF-1A CF with Super Parts

VF-1S Hikaru with Strike Parts - Weathered

VF-1S Roy with Strike Parts

This is how they should have been released in the first place.

I don't know about you guys, but it's time to army build with the CF. ^_^

Any news on the GBP that Toynami showed pics of back in the late sixties?

I actually like this line. I only have one of them so far but it's a fun little cheapy toy. Much better than the old Banprestos.

I'd love to see Toynami do an Alpha/Beta in this scale as well. Or this size I should say, since a 1/100 Alpha would almost be too small to play with.

The 1/100 is a great idea, and I initially was pretty pleased, but the more I handle them the more their cheapness shows. All the little joints cracking is pretty sad and the way the super parts attach is just plain dumb. I'm hoping when I get this I'll notice some small improvements... but it's not an actual expectation.

I think these are great toys for the right price. I have never bought these for the asking price, as I don't think they are worth more than $15 each. The boosters can be a pain to put on and remove. It's just best to leave them on permanently as the piece that they come with to attach to the figure starts to become weak and stressed leading to breakage. I have the first and second sets with the armor parts, and they look great on display. These are so much better than the Banprestos. They could really use a pilot figure sculpted into the cockpit, but at least you get all the missiles types. The hinge on the backpack doesn't seem to be capable of supporting the added weight of the boosters sometimes. I do hope they follow through with the Regult and the GBP armor Toynami was showing off last year at San Diego Comic-Con.

I think these are great toys for the right price. ....I do hope they follow through with the Regult and the GBP armor Toynami was showing off last year at San Diego Comic-Con.

I couldn't agree with you more. The price is right for the size and amount of accessories you get. Sure, they're cheap, but who cares. It's what Toynami is known for. Need we say more?

I think the GBP-1S they did for the 1/100 is really good and looks well proportioned, as well as do the Regults. I just hope they don't stop there and would hurry in getting more items released.

I'm in agreement with sidearmsalpha and Nb4M. I absolutely love the Milia 1J and FAST Pack set I have - and I've got 'em all decaled up and panel-lined. Looks gorgeous. I just have to be really carefull how I play with it - kind of like my Yamato stuff, but much less expensive.

I'll be a happy guy when th GBPS set comes out... but luckily I'm not in a huge hurry.

I'm in agreement with sidearmsalpha and Nb4M. I absolutely love the Milia 1J and FAST Pack set I have - and I've got 'em all decaled up and panel-lined. Looks gorgeous. I just have to be really carefull how I play with it - kind of like my Yamato stuff, but much less expensive.

I'll be a happy guy when th GBPS set comes out... but luckily I'm not in a huge hurry.

I detailed mine up a bit and they look awesome. Great price even if they do break there a very easy fix. To date I think I have about 20 and counting.

These are fun to customize and they are great canvas to see what you're could look like 1/48 once customized. ;)

• 4 months later...
We discussed this a bunch in the Licensing thread. Check my site for lots of better pics... the toy is actually blue with black, gray, and gold highlights.

I checked your site right after posting about it... and of course, you were already on it. Your pictures (and of course, text) are much more descriptive than the publicity shots. I'll have to pop in on the licensing thread, thanks for the heads-up.

i have this 2nd release.. to me,its money well spent.. no worries of yellowing, cracking.. co'z its cheap.. plus it offers great poseability..

with strike parts they look great on valkyrie modes.. but in battroid its a pain cause the weight of the booster packs is to heavy for the toy to stand up without falling..

my 6 year old son plays with it.. (instead of my yamato).. just right for his little hands.. heres what i did for the boosters keep on dismantling itself.. i glued gun it.. viola! instant stiffening! plus you can always easily remove the glue and re-apply it again and again.

heres my 1/100s..

toynami_jet7010.jpg

toynami_jet7014.jpg

toynami_jet7015.jpg

toynami_jet7021.jpg

toynami_jet7022.jpg

toynami_jet7046.jpg

i really like em in valkyrie mode, screw the battroid mode

toycon09026.jpg

toycon09024.jpg

are these attached like the mpc fastpacks with magnets? I spent much time bastardizing 1/100 models to make fast packs for my taka 1/100's and if this is an easier solution...

• 4 months later...
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;mode=retail

Compared to the Revoltech, it looks pretty plain. I wonder what the articulation will be too.

The artiulation on this is VERY minimal.

The sculpt is rather nice and goes well with Toynami's 1/100 line.

Is Voltron Volume 1, of the Robot Vinyl Collection?

• 2 months later...

I remember seeing pics from a con (and a really really cool display) of these and there was a Max TV 1A... Does anyone have a link to those? Any word on a series 5? I'd love a VF-1D, TV Max & Kaki (to complete Vermillion) and a 1A CF that has matched colored parts (because the 2-tone tan/beige SUCKS), oh and the GB parts!

A quick question on the VF-1A CF... do they all mismatched colored parts?

Jenius - do you have a review of Series 4 coming soon?

I think what I'm going to do is merge all my 1/100 VF-1 reviews into one post and update the content (with some updated comparisons and larger pics). I haven't decided if this updated post will include series 4... I wasn't too impressed with the selection.

Edited by jenius

I remember seeing pics from a con (and a really really cool display) of these and there was a Max TV 1A... Does anyone have a link to those? Any word on a series 5? I'd love a VF-1D, TV Max & Kaki (to complete Vermillion) and a 1A CF that has matched colored parts (because the 2-tone tan/beige SUCKS), oh and the GB parts!

A quick question on the VF-1A CF... do they all mismatched colored parts?

Jenius - do you have a review of Series 4 coming soon?

I have some pictures from my album. SDCC 2008

DSC05469.jpg

DSC05562.jpg

DSC05583.jpg

DSC05584.jpg

Excellent job on the CF GBP. Started to make GBP armor from an old Imai model but the torso of the model was too small.

Edit: added photo. Your custom is better with the gray compared to the model.

post-3784-1270251690_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fly4victory