• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Don't know if anyone here's interested, but I'm definitely pre-ordering one.

http://lego.gizmodo.com/here-are-the-first-official-shots-of-the-lego-ghostbust-1738932397

1493026998406980419.jpg

The set is a little pricey, but that's a lot of pieces, and it looks fantastic. From what I've read, the Ideas Cusoo Ecto-1 will fit in the garage too, I'm glad I grabbed one a while back, I guess now I'll have two official Ghostbusters mini-fig sets!

Definitely getting it. Funny enough everyone is talking about price but I recently learned Lego pricing usually follows around the 1 cent a piece aim. Which makes sense now why small sets that have a lot of pieces can cost 50-60 dollars, but larges sets with less pieces can cost the same. I think it is a fiar pricing since even though some pieces aren't worth that much, large pieces like the wheels on the Ultimate Tumblr are worth more than that. This keeps everything even.

Anyway while the price on this is steep, especially after the holidays the play factor, minifigs and interior are defintely worth it. I just don't understand why they always wait till the new year like they did with the UCS Slave-1 to release these sets instead of the Holiday season. Maybe they figure they couldn't keep up with the demand, and post holidays not everyone has as much disposable income which helps keeping up with demand for awhile.

Edited by kanedaestes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I always felt that the original movie was just perfect. I would have rather seen a sequel rather than a reboot made, maybe with the new characters being daughters of the older characters as an excuse for an all female cast or maybe just a younger crew hired on by the older generation or something.

• 3 weeks later...

The new film's trailer is out and it's cross the streams bad :angry:

I understand that I am out of touch with what most of the modern movie-going public considers funny. Most probably thing this looks hysterical; frankly, I don't find this trailer to be the least bit funny or interesting. And really, I don't like any of Paul Feig's work at all. So, yeah...

Edited by Duke Togo

I don't have much use for the hate being thrown at this thing by misogynist clowns. It's as stupid as the trailer is unfunny.

I agree. I personally didn't care about the Female ghostbuster cast...this trailer was just a huge let down and not funny. So of course that means I can't be objective and I only disliked it because I'm a sexist. 🙄

Chris

Let's pretend for a moment that Ghostbusters never existed in 1984, we have no basis for comparison.

This new trailer for this new never before heard of movie called Ghostbusters just looks bad.... period.

Now let's except that in 1984 a film called Ghostbusters did exist, this new one is a terrible excuse of a reboot, I won't feel bad that I didn't see it on the big screen.