Macross Valkyries scales

meninge

• 2 weeks later...
OK BOYS!!! Forget the other charts, all are wrong, But this is a new revised chart, Not final, but more complete (I think)

I know about the missing fighters (F-14 and F-18) but relax, i'm very busy right now but they coming!!!!!!

I hope you like this new chart!!!

Enjoy!!

please add alpha and beta fighters ( or legioss and thred)

and logan!

Edited by SeminNV

• 3 weeks later...
Rocky and Bullwinkle pun?

Roy was pretty good in a VF-0... But, he ended up dying in the VF-1. What does that say about his piloting skills/the plane? Hmm? :rolleyes:

He was a womanizer and it affected his performance...sheesh, I thought everyone knew.... :rolleyes:

He was a womanizer and it affected his performance...sheesh, I thought everyone knew.... :rolleyes:

He was a womanizer during Zero... He just saw Aries before we could see him doin' it! Besides, a womanizer's rep is important to him. He wouldn't go and get himself killed. If anything, being such made him better.

@Mr March: Yeah, but they're out-of-order! It makes it hard to tell which is which, at a glance! Good job, though.

Here is a look at a chart I'm working on for my website. Enjoy

Looks awesome. How about putting in a few real world fighters to give us a point of reference. Maybe a Tomcat, Raptor and Falcon, for example.

I'd love to see a Battroid chart too. With real world Battroids to give us a point of reference too....Oh, wait. ^_^

Maybe some kind of other size references instead, like Yao Ming, a telephone pole, a giraffe, etc...

He was a womanizer during Zero... He just saw Aries before we could see him doin' it! Besides, a womanizer's rep is important to him. He wouldn't go and get himself killed. If anything, being such made him better.

@Mr March: Yeah, but they're out-of-order! It makes it hard to tell which is which, at a glance! Good job, though.

Why would the order matter, if you know your valks you will recognize them, arranging them by size is just fine, if anything all it should need is the names next to them.

SchizophrenicMC

Thanks. They are in order from shortest to longest. But I'll do several versions so that there is a "chronological" chart organizing the fighters by date in addition to a "length" chart like the one shown above.

Vic Mancini

Glad you like it. I'm not sure if there's much point adding real world fighters into the chart. The point of adding real world vehicles or objects into a size chart is to give a sense of scale. The F-14 Tomcat (19.1 meters), the F-16 Fighting Falcon (14.8 meters) and the F-22 Raptor (18.9 meters) are all the same size category as the valkyries, so they wouldn't really add scale to the fighter chart.

Now, in a Battroid size comparison chart, I agree that objects like a human, a car, or a horse would make ideal scale comparisons. I am working on a Battroid chart, so I should add a few things like that into the chart, like Ozma's 1986 Lancia Delta Integrale :)

Edited by Mr March

The F-14 Tomcat (19.1 meters), the F-16 Fighting Falcon (14.8 meters) and the F-22 Raptor (18.9 meters) are all the same size category as the valkyries, so they wouldn't really add scale to the fighter chart.

You could always add the F-14 kai from Macross Zero. It's a real thing and Macross related.

Sulendil Ang

Yeah, a designation for each fighter is a good idea. This is just the basic picture I've built so far to give a preview of what I'm working on.

I have plans to include scale lines into the background (at 5 meter increments), have a proper title, maybe a border and other stuff.

VF5SS

Yes, that's true. Does anyone have high resolution profile schematics of the F-14 Tomcat? And please don't link me to the low-resolution pictures found with a Google image search, because they are junk I cannot use.

March: I've got a VF-1 Wolfpack Squadron Side Profile, if you want it. Sorry, I can't find it, anymore. I'll look some more.

Also, I can recognize them, easy, I just don't like the slight memory search I must do to remember which one it is...

A good size reference for the valks is Iron Man. Since we saw him on the bottom of the F-22, and we know he's about 7 feet tall, it'd be pretty good. Maybe for the battroid chart, too.

Vajra should be on the battroid chart, if possible. (That one vf from 7's in your fighter chart...)

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

Sulendil Ang

Yeah, a designation for each fighter is a good idea. This is just the basic picture I've built so far to give a preview of what I'm working on.

I have plans to include scale lines into the background (at 5 meter increments), have a proper title, maybe a border and other stuff.

VF5SS

Yes, that's true. Does anyone have high resolution profile schematics of the F-14 Tomcat? And please don't link me to the low-resolution pictures found with a Google image search, because they are junk I cannot use.

I can hook you up with some good stuff, Mr March. I have good quality ones I used as a base for my F-14NG drawings.

Talos

That would be great. Hook me up, dude :)

SchizophrenicMC

Got that line art in uncolored black and white?

I don't think there is any blank F-14 lineart... It's kind of a real fighter jet, and this is the closest I could find... All of them are pre-colored. What? Don't like the Sundowners? Would Jolly Rogers be better? VF-84 better than VF-111?

Sorry, man. Took forever to find that... If I had one, I'd give it to ya, but I don't. Now, I'm no expert, but couldn't you just take it into Photoshop, splash it all white, and go from there? I dunno, man. All I got's paint.

VF-25 from my 3D WIP. It's based off of screen grabs so the profile should be close, but it isn't perfect. The front of the foot needs correction and the Canopy is a little low. The tail is canted out too far.

post-6623-1225429307_thumb.jpg

Very NICE!

VF-25 from my 3D WIP. It's based off of screen grabs so the profile should be close, but it isn't perfect. The front of the foot needs correction and the Canopy is a little low. The tail is canted out too far.

post-6623-1225429307_thumb.jpg

Can't wait to see the final design. The nose isn't as torpedo shaped as the SV-51. I've always hated that.

I didn't mean to appear ungrateful SchizophrenicMC, I was only asking for a blank schematic to color the F-14 in the Macross Zero colors. Otherwise fans might ask where the oddly colored F-14 was supposed to be from. But don't worry, Talos was able to get me a blank schematic. Thanks for trying and you're help is appreciated. BTW, do you have Photoshop?

I didn't mean to appear ungrateful SchizophrenicMC, I was only asking for a blank schematic to color the F-14 in the Macross Zero colors. Otherwise fans might ask where the oddly colored F-14 was supposed to be from. But don't worry, Talos was able to get me a blank schematic. Thanks for trying and you're help is appreciated. BTW, do you have Photoshop?

Te'ya this right now, if I had it, I'd be using it, instead of MSPaint.

Sorry if I came off as rude. I, in all honesty, was joking when I said it. "What? Don't like the Sundowners?" would've had a playful tone in real speech. (I type how I speak. If it's something I say, it's something I type. Te'ya is a good example. Tell Ya' is shortened to Te'ya.)

Well, I didn't have any high quality schematics, so...

I have all 4 VF-25s from someone's YSFlight modpack. It has all 4, each with the proper texture and model, and they transform with full physics. The gunpod is even aimed. I'll point this out: there are no lower stabilizer fins on your model, the engines are too tall (and a bit misshapen), the canopy (And the slope it begins) is too low, and the thruster nozzles (Feet) are out of proportion. Not long enough, and too tall. The rest seems good though. Nose is almost spot-on.

SchizophrenicMC, you should probably make note of who you are addressing when you change thoughts in the middle of a post.

Thanks for the comments on my WIP. I have some counter comments.

First, it's a WIP. Work In Progress. Some issues exists because I haven't gotten to them yet. Second, while I'm sure the flight sim modelers did their best, I don't know how they arrived with what they have. I don't know who they are. I've never seen their work. So, I have to take their accuracy with a hefty amount of salt. I don't think I'm a better modeler, by any means. Nor do I believe my judgment is better. But I would be fool to take a fourth party account of a third party representation as truth. I have more images to work from, and I'll be making adjustments from there. I'll keep your points in mind.

SchizophrenicMC

That sucks. Well, if you ever happen upon it, let me know and I can send you some of my PSD files of colored mecha. I noticed you like to make customs and they are really easy to modify in the layered format of a PSD file for Photoshop.

Btw, what Ironside said :)

Hey, I don't post here often! I don't know the rules of ettiquette by heart! :( Sorry about that...

Ironside: I was just pointing out some stuff, as constructive criticism, is all. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I mentioned the models as a reference point, should you want such a reference. Sorry....

Mr March: I don't think I'll ever happen upon Photoshop, any time soon. If you can export them to PNG, it'd be greatly appreciated. So far, all of my customs have been of the VF-1s from your site. I, honestly, can't stand how the color contrast is so blurred together. It takes hours to make the base copy for my customs. I'm still not done with the VF-11... Anyway, thanks for the offer, and if I ever get PS, you'll be the first I talk to.