Yamato 1/48 VF-1S 2010 Reissue Hikaru Ichijo, anyone have/seen one?

microtree33

Hello,

I am pretty new to Macross, but I have been welcomed by people here. MW seems like a pretty chill community and everyone I have talked to has been helpful so thanks guys for that. I plan to collect most/all of Hi Metal R since it seems to include the Zentradi (Glaug!) and the Destroids, but I want to get a 1/48 centerpiece for my soon-to-be Macross shelf. The specific one I picked was this:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10111389

This was the 2010 re-release of the DYRL VF-1S in Hikaru Ichijo's colors. I have been scouring the web looking for this thing and trying to find out more about it. So my question is this: Has anyone here seen one in person in the US? Like, held it in their hands because it exists and can be touched. If this valk was limited to a run of 250 or something like that I may have to rethink which 1/48 will "anchor" that shelf. The other V2 DYRL Hikaru VF-1S I was looking at was released in 2008 and had fiery box art. I am still not entirely sure if there are any major differences between the two so any first hand knowledge on that subject would be appreciated.

From what I understand the 1/48 scale has been more or less abandoned with the standardization of 1/60 so I'm hoping the search will be relatively short and painless. This was one of the last 1/48 Yamato valks released so I think it includes all of the durability upgrades and extra detail/paint and, as dumb as it sounds, I like the box art.

There are a couple on Ebay, but they are using the same photo of the box and will not respond to any questions.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

This was one of the last 1/48 Yamato valks released so I think it includes all of the durability upgrades and extra detail/paint and, as dumb as it sounds, I like the box art.

The 1/48's are cool and they were my first Valk toys. They look sweet in fighter mode and with fast packs. However I think the 1/60's are a better toy, both in detail, paint, and accessories. The 1/48's had very little tampo.

From what I understand the 1/48 scale has been more or less abandoned with the standardization of 1/60 so I'm hoping the search will be relatively short and painless. This was one of the last 1/48 Yamato valks released so I think it includes all of the durability upgrades and extra detail/paint and, as dumb as it sounds, I like the box art.

Afaik, there were no durability issues or any other factory issues with the 1/48. The last VF-1S Hikaru was a straight re-issue and the only change was the box-art.