3P SD VF-1S

skullmilitia

looking at it again makes me realize that its not proportionally balanced in fighter mode. too much focus on battroid.

easy pass for me & still happy with the ol JM's.

Nothing against the toy, and hope those who find it cool could appreciate its aesthetics.

I never thought of this before...but perhaps the reason why we are getting SD stuff is due to the wide range of "interpretation" of the source material it allows....thus no need to actually do something close to lineart = less direct competition with the likes of Bandai and Arcadia = less risk of getting slapped down?

We need enemy mechs from 3P....since neither Bandai or Arcadia seems to want to fill those voids....

I never thought of this before...but perhaps the reason why we are getting SD stuff is due to the wide range of "interpretation" of the source material it allows....thus no need to actually do something close to lineart = less direct competition with the likes of Bandai and Arcadia = less risk of getting slapped down?

We need enemy mechs from 3P....since neither Bandai or Arcadia seems to want to fill those voids....

or a non-scaled Commander type Vajra (that is the same size of DX chogokin)

Yeah, this has been my take on the SD 3rd party stuff too.

I'm still partial to the Rohby JM... The snub nose and the bubble canopy, All it needs is a bigger head. I think I'm just excited about seeing another 3P interest in Macross. Depending on price, I just might take a stab. I wonder if they'd be willing to change the wing and the nose sculpt? It's too "duck billed"

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like they listened shortened the wings. But no Fast/Strike packs

attachicon.gif41_629411_421af1e05ddebfd.jpgattachicon.gif41_629411_eec1e565a7c31f6.jpg

Sweet, it's good to know that they take fan feedback seriously.

My only other nitpicks are the lack of landing gears (I'd even settle for plug-in landing gears) and the big "001" on the wing with the red tip. If I buy one, I'd like to put a UN Spacy kite sticker from a spare Yamato sticker sheet on that wing, ala the line art. But the "001" font is so large that the kite sticker would have to take up most of the wing. I know I know, I'm being picky. But a plain black strip on that wing would be helpful to those of us who'd want to put a kite on, and I doubt it'd increase the cost at all.

Wish their facebook page was still up, so I can keep asking them questions and giving them feedback. Now, I don't know how to contact them. Anyways, I find 5" height to be on the large size, but will still consider. Would like the FPs though. Just gotta see price and if ok, decide if I get the 1S or the 1J, as I kinda want the Bandai 1/100 vf-1 too...

• 1 month later...