Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

It's amazing that Bandai solved the "LERX pointiness problem" just like I proposed!!

dRyyx7o.jpg

Shameless self-quotes!

I still wish that Mr.K adds a protruding part to the LERX in order to cover that gap between air inlets and LERX, make a sleeker profile without a step in front of the air inlet.

That part will hinge together with LERX while transforming.

ubcvu.png

ubd4h.png

tfybr.png

tfyqz.png

Edited by charger69

This is the first time I actually screamed "WHAT?" out loud whilst browsing through the figure news sites.

Honestly, I really don't know how to feel about this... Bandai really has been issuing a ton of "challenges" recently... First it was S.H.Figuarts Sakura to counter Figma Sakura and now this?

I'm conflicted inside... Do you guys think this can actually surpass Arcadia's?

Color me curious, but confused. Looks like some interesting new ideas, but I'll definitely wait for the fighter mode pics before I get anything resembling excited. The shoulders look..... weird. The shoulder packs are supposed to cover that entire section, not just sit on top.

And I'm going to say this now Bandai: PAINT THE GEAR WHITE. You have absolutely no excuse for your bare metal gear nonsense this time.

I dunno. I'm not sure I trust Bandai with a transformation this complex. You know they're going to cast half the structural bits in die-cast, and then expect the paint to stick. <_<

Edited by Chronocidal

How do I say it... The recent image of Bandai = Frontier and Yamato/Arcadia = Pre-Frontier is so strong that it's supremely bizarre to see Bandai going back to an older series design... Not to mention take on Arcadia head on.

(Yes, I'm aware that they have released VF-19s multiple times before.)

Edited by Actar

Nah, I don't think it will surpass Yamarcadia...but it will be an excellent supplement though. There are strengths and weaknesses in both so far but we'll see when we get our hands on them.

Wow! It looks like they've addressed all my concerns about the Arcadia version, sleeker (less chubby), no intake lip and more tampo. I was never happy with my Arcadia YF-19 - especially considering how much I had to pay for it, but with the pre-order shenanigans I don't know if I can even get a hold of one of these. No matter how much it is, its not going to cost more than Arcadia - and it looks better (win, win!)

This going to be the first head to head comparison with the same valk in the same scale

arcadia vs. bandai.

i want to see who the winner is

Good point....we will finally have a somewhat similar valk to compare Bandai's 1/60 v. Arcadia's 1/60....

As for the winner......Bandai is too big too lose.....Arcadia is about to get spanked.... ;)

Looking forward to what the fighter mode will look like....right now the battroid mode looks too "VF-25-ish"...too skinny and tall....

Guest davidwhangchoi

Good point....we will finally have a somewhat similar valk to compare Bandai's 1/60 v. Arcadia's 1/60....

As for the winner......Bandai is too big too lose.....Arcadia is about to get spanked.... ;)

Looking forward to what the fighter mode will look like....right now the battroid mode looks too "VF-25-ish"...too skinny and tall....

yeah, i want to see fighter.

i wonder if the wings will have the high speed mode.

Wow this is unexpected. This is great news for collectors who are being priced out of the hobby by recent Arcadia prices. Arcadia is lucky they got their yf-19 out earlier this year. If they were released closer together it might of killed Arcadia's sales. So it looks like anything that appeared in frontier is fair game for Bandai to make. There was a VF-1 in one of the movies wasn't there :p.

I just realized something, wasn't the front part of the super part set that goes on the shoulder supposed to be a missile pod?
008EF952-779F-4A00-B777-DD0B20DF397E.png

It looks those parts are actually part of the shoulder and don't come off?

Wow this is unexpected. This is great news for collectors who are being priced out of the hobby by recent Arcadia prices. Arcadia is lucky they got their yf-19 out earlier this year. If they were released closer together it might of killed Arcadia's sales. So it looks like anything that appeared in frontier is fair game for Bandai to make. There was a VF-1 in one of the movies wasn't there :p.

It looks those parts are actually part of the shoulder and don't come off?

Wait a minute does that mean that Bandai release will be cheaper than Arcadia's ?

Sceptical about the Bandai quality on:
-the landing gears, I don't think that Bandai is capable to match Arcadia quality
-the canards seem folded backward in battroid ?
-I much prefer the way T-Rex made the shoulder super parts, perhaps Bandai is fixing it ?
-would they implement high speed mode, I hope so and this is where Bandai can out-perform the awkward Arcadia mechanism ;)

Anyway what do we know about the differences between this V-19 advanced and the old Dyson YF-19 ?

I dont think it will get fixed since what we have here is a colored molded display unit. Fixing it to make it 1piece again would limit the shoulder articulation. Was there ever a mechanic file/data shown if that shoulder armor is armor only or it does really contain missiles to begin with? I remember T-rex shoulder parts as thin so is it really capable to store missiles?

First reaction: WHAT THE ACTUAL WHAT.

Second reaction: I can't wait for someone to take my money for this.

This must be what Jenius was alluding to when he said Bandai wasn't happy Arcadia beat them to something.

The same thought crossed my mind as well.

This going to be the first head to head comparison with the same valk in the same scale

arcadia vs. bandai.

i want to see who the winner is

Dollars to donuts there won't be a clear-cut winner. There will be some pretty obvious pros and cons with each release after it's all said and done.

Advantage Arcadia for ease of purchase (see below and/or pre-order madness). :p

Gold Tamashii Logo means web exclusiveness; red logo we see there is just an event logo.

TWE Logo

8Ev56V.jpg

TN Event Logo

01_tn_logo.png

So...this means this is an event only item? Confused...

-b.

bandai has partial control of the media/fiction....i can bet it was bandai who insist the vf-19 isamu colors appear in the frontier movie....so they could get a license for a yf-19 look alike and go for the kill on arcadia. i don't want macross to turn into gundam but having choice is good. so far...the legs look way better on arcadia's but we'll see once this is in hand. i've got to have one i admit....since this is a an exclusive..no preorde madness.!

And now we also know what the movie canon color is for the fast packs! Which is neither of the color of the T-REX parts.

Assuming this will MSRP at 200 bucks...that means it will be 1/3 the cost of the going rate for a set of T-REX parts.... :wacko:

This is the biggest surprise announcement since....the Makuros!

At this point, anything short of a 1/3000 TV SDF-1 announcement from Arcadia will be disappointing.... ;)

You know would be even more incredibly amazingly awesome?

Is if Bandai offers this thru the US Web Shop; http://shop.tamashii.jp/

Original thread here; http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41822

Edit*

Ok, Tamashii Nation had an event (Pics at TAG Hobby http://www.taghobby.com/9-0/9-2/2014%E5%B9%B410%E6%9C%8831%E6%97%A5-11%E6%9C%882%E6%97%A5-tamashii-nation-2014%E7%A7%8B%E8%91%89%E5%8E%9F-%E5%B1%95%E5%93%81-dx%E8%B6%85%E5%90%88%E9%87%91super-robot-%E8%B6%85%E5%90%88%E9%87%91/) which featured this DX Chogokin YF-19, the new DX Chogokin Renewal Monster and a few other items.

Is it a correct assumption that we don't know if this will be "event only", "web exclusive" or "regular release"?

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike