Arcadia 1/60 YF-19 Macross Frontier Super Parts WF Exclusive By T-Rex

EXO

Well I know where I'll be headed to on the 27th!! Hopefully they have alot...that place is always doing some type of car show or convention.

Careful Spoonie. You let it slip you'll be at Wonderfest and you're going to end up with a lot of pm's begging you to pick one of these up for everybody on this board.

Yeah, while they look nice on the fighter, battroid mode is one giant pile of nope. Those big boosters hanging off the wings is going to utterly destroy any tension those wing pivots have naturally. Not to mention they're resin, and much heavier than normal plastic would be.

At least it's nice to see the boosters can be made to work without too much redesign.

Edit: Scratch that, apparently even they couldn't get the boosters to work without extending the wings? That's rather disappointing actually.

Edited by Chronocidal

Guest davidwhangchoi

so jealous whoever gets these. i wonder if they'll make the wings more stable as well as attach better than the leg fast packs (i actually hope they revise the leg attachments and include it as a bonus :p)

I want one too! :lol:

Btw, is TREX the original ones who created the option parts for the Yamato VF-1's? Before it was available bundled with the 30th Anniv repackaged VF-1's? Would it be possible down the line that Arcadia will reissue the YF-19 without the missles but bundle it with these Frontier packs ala-35th Anniv repackage? Anyways, hope they will release this soon. :)

Arcadia did everything backwards---everyone gets the FAST packs and non-screen-accurate missiles, and many didn't want it/didn't want to pay extra for it. I would have MUCH rather had a $100 cheaper "bare" YF-19. It's got about the lamest FAST packs of any valk, and the missiles---were only ever seen in a book I don't own. Every time I look at that huge YF-19 box, I think what a waste half the contents of that box are---stuff I'll never use and never wanted, but I paid for and paid to ship over here.

But tons of people want the VF-25 boosters---and few will be able to acquire them! :( I'd like them---but not nearly enough to go through the hoops required.

True. Didn't like the missles too at first. But since it matches the same hard points from the other valks, guess, it was ok since there was nothing we can't do on their initial release. I guess, I have to make something out of it. Hehehe. :D

Still hoping they will release this for general public since this will look cool along with a Fold Booster. ;)

Arcadia did everything backwards---everyone gets the FAST packs and non-screen-accurate missiles, and many didn't want it/didn't want to pay extra for it. I would have MUCH rather had a $100 cheaper "bare" YF-19. It's got about the lamest FAST packs of any valk, and the missiles---were only ever seen in a book I don't own. Every time I look at that huge YF-19 box, I think what a waste half the contents of that box are---stuff I'll never use and never wanted, but I paid for and paid to ship over here.

But tons of people want the VF-25 boosters---and few will be able to acquire them! :( I'd like them---but not nearly enough to go through the hoops required.

People spent a decade begging Yamato for YF-19 FAST Packs. Arcadia decides to give everyone the complete package upfront and you're complaining? Give me a break.

This is really just T-Rex capitalizing on easter eggs they put in the design of the toy anyways. Arcadia is much more restricted to what they can put on the toy by the license holders so it makes sense that what is essentially a Frontier add on is being sold as an extra kit for a Plus toy.

People spent a decade begging Yamato for YF-19 FAST Packs. Arcadia decides to give everyone the complete package upfront and you're complaining? Give me a break.

This :lol:

This is really just T-Rex capitalizing on easter eggs they put in the design of the toy anyways. Arcadia is much more restricted to what they can put on the toy by the license holders so it makes sense that what is essentially a Frontier add on is being sold as an extra kit for a Plus toy.

And this.

It's akin to automatically including GBP armor with every VF-1. Not everyone's going to want it, and it's not "free"---you're definitely going to be paying a lot more for it than the VF-1 alone would be.

All those external missiles aren't even really canon to a lot of people, including me.

Retconning an established design based on an old drawing in some book, and then bumping up the price a bunch to include it---not happy. Big ugly external hardpoints on the YF-19's otherwise clean wings. Recesses, holes, AND posts added to the wings to mount the missiles? Yeesh, talk about an inelegant design-solution. The original 1/60 had much nicer-looking wings.

If it was like 5-10 bucks, then yes, it'd be pointless to comment on. But all those missiles plus the FAST packs? That is a good chunk of money compared to what a "bare" YF-10 would cost.

AND THE FAST PACKS WERE OPTIONAL BEFORE. People who didn't want them, didn't have to buy them. And I never did.

It's akin to automatically including GBP armor with every VF-1. Not everyone's going to want it, and it's not "free"---you're definitely going to be paying a lot more for it than the VF-1 alone would be.

All those external missiles aren't even really canon to a lot of people, including me.

Retconning an established design based on an old drawing in some book, and then bumping up the price a bunch to include it---not happy. Big ugly external hardpoints on the YF-19's otherwise clean wings. Recesses, holes, AND posts added to the wings to mount the missiles? Yeesh, talk about an inelegant design-solution. The original 1/60 had much nicer-looking wings.

If it was like 5-10 bucks, then yes, it'd be pointless to comment on. But all those missiles plus the FAST packs? That is a good chunk of money compared to what a "bare" YF-10 would cost.

AND THE FAST PACKS WERE OPTIONAL BEFORE. People who didn't want them, didn't have to buy them. And I never did.

What's done is done dude, anything after that is just higher blood pressure.

Sometimes I worry about you man.

I'm 50/50 with Dave. I wouldn't want the FP's separate, because the cost of shipping an extra item that is so minor would have annoyed the hell out of me. So I'm glad we got them in the set.

The missiles I tend to agree with David more on. While I like them, and display some on the fighter, that's largely just so I get some use out of them. I'd have happily paid less money and skipped them.

I know it's off topic, but I wonder if Arcadia would consider that route with a VF-1J Hikaru release? This may be more of a newbie question, but was the Yamato release with the armor parts popular?

Guest davidwhangchoi

if the fast packs weren't so weak i'd be agreeing with everyone but i have to side with david on this, all that stuff added is was to jack the price up unnecessarily. like that vf-1 stand for roy and hikaru. it's all unnecessary stuff to make it 300+

but i don't agree that arcadia would've make it less than 300+ without the missiles and fastpacks so we should throw that argument out the window.

they would've packed in some stupid stand to keep it above 300.

)

i personally wanted the fastpacks and missiles but after seeing how it attaches i don't think it was worth it. (i'd be singing a different tune if that fastpacks were nice

All those external missiles aren't even really canon to a lot of people...

Name five.

The missiles are shown in an official book, so they are fair game. You also have no way to gauge what impact the inclusion of the missiles had on the price. As usual, you are just spouting off because you don't like something for a fickle reason, therefore it's invalid and shouldn't exist.

Well price of items, quality of items, inclusion or exclusion of items is just the name of the game. Not really a big deal in the grand scheme of things and truly if "anything" is that much of a deal breaker, vote with that wallet and don't buy.

I do fully agree that the design and implementation of the Fast Packs for the Arcadia YF-19 leave a lot to be desired, but I don't regret my decision to buy - even if I am selling one of my THREE.

Hopefully one or two show up on Mandarake or something, but the probability of that is probably next to zero. Guess it's time to learn to use one of those proxies for Y! Japan Auctions.

-b.

A decade? You're math is a bit off.

1/72 yf-19 == 2000 release

1/60 yf-19 noFP == 2006 release.

1/60 yf-19 FP (both separate addon and included with the yf-19) == 2007 release.

And, yeah. Complete packaging should've been a stand-inclusion instead of the stupid missiles.

:touche::bump::5:

Edited by treatment

A decade? You're math is a bit off.

1/72 yf-19 == 2000 release

1/60 yf-19 noFP == 2006 release.

1/60 yf-19 FP (both separate addon and included with the yf-19) == 2007 release.

Seven years rounds to ten :p You're right, I was a bit off, but my point still stands. People's signatures used to be FILLED with cries for a 19FP release. It was a huge sore spot. Then we finally got our wish, but it wasn't perfect. Now Arcadia's taken another stab and someone complains. In the last five years have we been so inundated with YF-19 FAST packs, so many as to choke out the sun, that we can't bear the thought of a new release including these once-hallowed accessories on the first release?

The real problem with the YF-19 FAST packs is that they aren't substantial enough to release on their own. That's why Yamato packed them with the Fold Booster, which people complained was overpriced because all they wanted was the armor. Instead, Arcadia packed them in from the get go so there would be no confusion or uncertainty, but still people complain. Where does it end?