Toynami VF1 Valkyrie 10" Plushies

XFJ-01A

Toy Fair is to offer product to attract retailer interest. These are products they've done enough R&D on to comfortably offer to retailers, but if not enough retailers order them, then the items won't go into mass production. Just because it is at Toy Fair doesn't mean that the stock is ready to ship.

Toynami certainly still has the tooling for the 1/100 toys, so they can offer them as often as they want. But if no one orders the minimum quantity to go into production, then they won't go to retail again. The other items might be far enough along in product development and determined to be of potential interest to retailers that they're offering them even if they're not ready for production, so they'll go into tooling & production with enough commitment from retailers.

The reason the vinyl Regults aren't there is probably because Toynami believes that the market for those is exhausted, regardless if they still have the molds to make them (Regults). I'm really a fan of those and bought every one. But if they were still offering the line I would only be interested in the Glaug or other new items.

Edited by AcroRay

Wow…so Harmony Gold/Toynami is trying to appeal to Macross fans by reverting Rick Hunter back to Hikaru Ichijo now?

Thats…sheer marketing brilliance guys! :rolleyes:

attachicon.gif1601304_743170555695197_1689429989_n.jpg

attachicon.gif1655956_743170645695188_1166861478_n.jpg

attachicon.gif1453275_743170559028530_33041407_n.jpg

attachicon.gif1743546_743170552361864_2053531769_n.jpg

you have to remember they not only do robotech but DO have the "rights" to distribute macross stuff here too. Remember some of the super poseables back in teh day were released as macross toys not robotech. they KNOW they've sullied the robotech name and know the macross name has more value. also some o fthe 1/100s were released as macross too. strange that ichijo is being shown on a robotech box though.

I think Toynami would be better off selling the smaller "plushies".....and 6 rather than 3 at a time.....add the Milia -1J, VF-1A brownie, and VF-1D to the set and they would be an instant buy for me....

They should just sell this stuff exclusively through their site.....build to order.......unless they just can't get enough orders....

But I think the odds are we'll sooner get a 1/3000 SDF-1 TV from Arcadia before that ever happens.........and I'm perfectly OK with that! :)

1360640099351360962185.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

you have to remember they not only do robotech but DO have the "rights" to distribute macross stuff here too. Remember some of the super poseables back in teh day were released as macross toys not robotech. they KNOW they've sullied the robotech name and know the macross name has more value. also some o fthe 1/100s were released as macross too. strange that ichijo is being shown on a robotech box though.

Oh I know. But my point was more that they are now mixing the two - ie, 'Ichijo' on a clearly marked 'Robotech' product.

Having said that, I daresay that this could be an error on the part of whomever threw together the marketing assets for the trade show. Its sort of like HG's 'VF-OD Phenix' moment.

Oh I know. But my point was more that they are now mixing the two - ie, 'Ichijo' on a clearly marked 'Robotech' product.

Having said that, I daresay that this could be an error on the part of whomever threw together the marketing assets for the trade show. Its sort of like HG's 'VF-OD Phenix' moment.

It's to further mix up the fans to make them think that if you like Frontier or Plus then you belong to the Robotech fandom.

In this case it's better so people would stop calling DYRL figures Rick and Ben. :p

Not really that excited about the SD figs. Far too realistic details. SD is suppose to be cute and simpler. That "Rick" reminds me of the aging kids in Akira. I know, I know... take another sip of the Hatorade. :rolleyes:

145842.jpg?t=1370179645

Toynami's management, at least when it comes to Robotech, is an utter trainwreck. Robotech is a 30 year old property and its primary fans and purchasers of merchandise are rapidly-approaching-middle aged men. The type of products they release need to reflect that. Instead, they push out a crap-ton of cutesy, cheap, disposable kiddie toys. That might work if Robotech were still on the general public's radar and kids today still watched it. But nobody knows what it is except for the hardcore fanbase that is largely over 30. It's like they don't even know who their customers are.

Toynami's management, at least when it comes to Robotech, is an utter trainwreck. Robotech is a 30 year old property and its primary fans and purchasers of merchandise are rapidly-approaching-middle aged men. The type of products they release need to reflect that. Instead, they push out a crap-ton of cutesy, cheap, disposable kiddie toys. That might work if Robotech were still on the general public's radar and kids today still watched it. But nobody knows what it is except for the hardcore fanbase that is largely over 30. It's like they don't even know who their customers are.

ditto. with an exception to the JM, I dont see the attraction to man-dolls and cutesy little figure..

for me JM is unique, and mainly because it has perfect transformation in a smaller package and the fact its an old 80's toy that was built to last.

Well, if they release non transforming mechas like regult/Q-rau/destroids/Nos-ger, I might grab a set just to display with the JM...but deformed rick and deformed non-transforming VF-1? I'll pass.

• 3 months later...

I want the regult!

I want the tomahawk & Regult!

I wonder what the chase figure is?. Possibly just a recolor 1J max or 1A CF? :

Figures include the following:

· Rick Hunter

· VF-1J Miriya

· VF-1A Max

· VF-1S Skull Leader

· Battlepod

· Destroid Tomahawk

. Plus possible chase figure

I want the tomahawk & Regult!

I wonder what the chase figure is?. Possibly just a recolor 1J max or 1A CF? :

Figures include the following:

· Rick Hunter

· VF-1J Miriya

· VF-1A Max

· VF-1S Skull Leader

· Battlepod

· Destroid Tomahawk

. Plus possible chase figure

SDF-1? Spartan?...or maybe a Hikaru without the helmet?

1601304_743170555695197_1689429989_n.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

SDF-1? Spartan?...or maybe a Hikaru without the helmet?

1601304_743170555695197_1689429989_n.jpg

Ooh, spartan! SDF would be good too, but I doubt it, given how toynami like to simplify their design a.k.a resorting to the cheaper alternative, like what they did to the regult leg joint in their production version...

Well Now I know the reason Bandai did not re-release their VF-1 1/100 Hi Metal line..Bandai was defeated by cheap Toynami Valks !!!... I Can´t believe toynami won !! I was late for hi metals party and I guess I will have to conform with toynami Valks..Should I?

or maybe Should I wait for a Bandai re-release Mercy?? What´s your opinión guys?

Edited by VALKYRIE ACE PILOT

Well Now I know the reason Bandai did not re-release their VF-1 1/100 Hi Metal line..Bandai was defeated by cheap Toynami Valks !!!... I Can´t believe toynami won !! I was late for hi metals party and I guess I will have to conform with toynami Valks..Should I?

or maybe Should I wait for a Bandai re-release Mercy?? What´s your opinión guys?

Toynami didn't win. The Hi-metal's just didn't do well in Japan for some reason.

The Hi-metal VF-1's made 1:100 look sexy

post-25-0-28832700-1378009077_thumb.jpg
post-25-0-75570700-1378009081_thumb.jpg
post-25-0-21127100-1378009072_thumb.jpg
post-25-0-93480600-1378009066_thumb.jpg
Edited by Duymon

I love the 1/100s... I think the fact that Yamato got head start in flooding the market with transfomable valks killed the line. If the v.2's didn't come out then macross collectors would have switched to the 1/100 line.

I'm afraid Toynamies will be the only ones avaiable for a while in 1/100 scale, it´s OK but we could have a better assorted valkyrie market for both select and purchase in our own countries!! .. It's a damn shame Harmony Gold owns International Macrosss monopoly. ( ¡¡They didn't even create the I.P. !!)

It´s not fair !!!

• 1 month later...

SDCC exclusive color........Yamato DYRL off-white is back! :rolleyes:

robotech.jpg

Robotech Chibi Skull Leader VF-1S in Military Gray

Protecting Earth from alien conquest has never been more adorable! Strap into your Veritech and get ready for the 30th Anniversary of Robotech in 2015! Your favorite mecha get a chibi makeover in the forthcoming Robotech Super Deformed Blind Box collection. Toynami is excited to present the debut figure – the highly revered Skull Leader VF-1S Comic-Con Exclusive in military gray. These are sure to go fast, so be sure you get yours while they last!

• Retail Price: $15
  • Limited to 2,000 pieces
  • Size: 3” Tall
  • Available at: Toynami Booth #3229

PM me if you can get one for me......

Toynami didn't win. The Hi-metal's just didn't do well in Japan for some reason.

The Hi-metal VF-1's made 1:100 look sexy

Sexy indeed. :)

What size scale are the GN-U Dou's?

GN-U Duo are 'non-scaled' figures since all the MPlus figures that came out stand at 13cm. Knowing that VF-11B should be shorter than YF-19/21. But computing on the 13cm against their actual height, it shows that VF-11B is 1/100.6; YF-19 is 1/119; YF-21 is 1/120 scaled. Hope that helps.

SDCC exclusive color........Yamato DYRL off-white is back! :rolleyes:

robotech.jpg

Robotech Chibi Skull Leader VF-1S in Military Gray

Protecting Earth from alien conquest has never been more adorable! Strap into your Veritech and get ready for the 30th Anniversary of Robotech in 2015! Your favorite mecha get a chibi makeover in the forthcoming Robotech Super Deformed Blind Box collection. Toynami is excited to present the debut figure – the highly revered Skull Leader VF-1S Comic-Con Exclusive in military gray. These are sure to go fast, so be sure you get yours while they last!

• Retail Price: $15
  • Limited to 2,000 pieces
  • Size: 3” Tall
  • Available at: Toynami Booth #3229

PM me if you can get one for me......

Super cute. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...