FlightPose display stands..

spanner

Hey all,

Is there anyone else out there who is still waiting on back orders from FlightPose? I ordered a stand from them over 3 months ago and still have not seen it arrive..

I sent them about half dozen emails before getting a response of which they said they'd be shipping mid to late June but im guessing that still hasn't happened as yet..

Hey all,

Is there anyone else out there who is still waiting on back orders from FlightPose? I ordered a stand from them over 3 months ago and still have not seen it arrive..

I sent them about half dozen emails before getting a response of which they said they'd be shipping mid to late June but im guessing that still hasn't happened as yet..

Hi......

I order 6 stand in march And they shipped on july 4, a day later they mail me the tracking number.

Now i just have to wait.

Yeah I did notice they are no longer on pre-order status but I still haven't seen a shipping notification or tracking number.. I did email them again last week and once again no response..

I feel I can't really complain too much as they aren't that expensive but its still annoying.

Yeah I did notice they are no longer on pre-order status but I still haven't seen a shipping notification or tracking number.. I did email them again last week and once again no response..

I feel I can't really complain too much as they aren't that expensive but its still annoying.

Complain in his facebook page.

had a number of back and forth with this guy, first to add 1 additional order, and 2nd round an error of delivery address with his system.

I understand how unnerving it is to order through his site, but at least he still responds (if slowly).

I just got my tracking number yesterday, though it has not been updated yet. Hopefully it will reach my proxy soon.

i pre-ordered 3 sets of the 3 packs and im still waiting for my shipping confirmation. I sent them multiple emails and messages on their fb page and got 1 generic response. this is the first and last time I'm ever going to order from them.

i pre-ordered 3 sets of the 3 packs and im still waiting for my shipping confirmation. I sent them multiple emails and messages on their fb page and got 1 generic response. this is the first and last time I'm ever going to order from them.

yep cant help but feel the same way.. I was gonna order a few other different sizes.. scratch that idea.

Nope. They don't acknowledge it as a problem. No hope of them fixing it until they admit there's a problem.

This was discussed in another thread in the Toys forum. The owner of the company is aware of the problem, and contacted the manufacturer about it, but the manufacturer doesn't acknowledge it and has taken no steps to correct it. In the meantime, the owner has recommended not using the stands as a permanent display.

From reports here, it seems like not every stand eats the paint, and certain batches may be more prone to eating paint than others. Also, it only seems to be a problem on painted surfaces -- parts that are unpainted seem to be fine.

Edited by SuperSenpai

Luckily most parts are molded in color so there are plenty of places for contact.

Unlike some of the Takara MP TF's where the entire surface is covered in fancy paint apps with silver or gold flakes.

Agreed. It's unfortunate that the manufacturer didn't bother to take any steps to correct the problem, and the best the owner of the company could do is simply recommend not to use the stands for permanent display. On the other hand, it may simply be an inherent property of whatever chemical or manufacturing process gives the rubber tips the necessary friction and elasticity, so there may not be anything they can do about it. That being said, it seems that the undersides of most of the toys I have on the stands have plastic parts molded in color, rather than painted, so I agree that I haven't had a problem finding ways to position them.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I like them. But one of my top plates already has stress cracking from me tightening too hard. It says 2lb max but it's probably less than that because I had to tighten them a bit or else the arms would just collapse down depending on the angle.

photo3_zps2542761e.jpg

photo3_zpsc3a2a6cb.jpg

Agreed. It's unfortunate that the manufacturer didn't bother to take any steps to correct the problem, and the best the owner of the company could do is simply recommend not to use the stands for permanent display. On the other hand, it may simply be an inherent property of whatever chemical or manufacturing process gives the rubber tips the necessary friction and elasticity, so there may not be anything they can do about it. That being said, it seems that the undersides of most of the toys I have on the stands have plastic parts molded in color, rather than painted, so I agree that I haven't had a problem finding ways to position them.

I've personally resorted to wrapping some paper over the tips to prevent direct contact. Nothing else I've tried has worked to an acceptable level.

How you guys liking it? 3 sets is $30 so not too bad. Is this stands mainly for fighter mode?

If you get the set of 3 with the different sizes, you can mix the leg lengths together to assist with the posing for GERWALK and battroid modes.

Even if you don't, you can still get creative with the stands for the purpose of posing your valks in those modes like in these pics I took where all three legs are the same length. Sometimes I only use one or two of the legs, although I wouldn't do that for a long term display scenario since a bump could make them fall.

VF-1A_TV_Kakizaki_04.jpg

VF-1A_TV_Kakizaki_GERWALK_01.jpg

VF-17D_GERWALK_04.jpg

VF-19P_Battroid_06.jpg

VB-6_GERWALK_04.jpg

I haven't experienced the paint-eating effects of the tips, so I can't test this out -- but for those have had this issue, has anyone tried painting the tips with clear nail polish? I don't claim to know anything about manicuring, but don't they use clear nail polish as a top coat on top of the color? I would therefore assume that clear nail polish doesn't react in such a way as to dissolve the color base coat. This is a longshot, but perhaps whatever makes it non-reactive with nail polish would also make it safe for painted model and toy surfaces.

As an added bonus, a layer of clear nail polish on the tips would probably add some friction and thus help the stands grip the surfaces a little better.

• 2 weeks later...