Okay, it has been a while since I have posted here, but I lurk all the time. I have seen every episode online of Yamato 2199 and I do indeed love it. Is it perfect? Not at all, but If nothing else it is pretty. Anyway I would love to give someone money for legit copies of the Blu-Rays that work in my player, but at the moment there doesn't seem to be a decent outlet. The Starblazers releases are crazy expensive and seem to have stopped, and while getting copies of the Japanese Blus is not that hard there is also the issue of region. Idealy I'd like to buy a box set....Any ideas?

Okay, it has been a while since I have posted here, but I lurk all the time. I have seen every episode online of Yamato 2199 and I do indeed love it. Is it perfect? Not at all, but If nothing else it is pretty. Anyway I would love to give someone money for legit copies of the Blu-Rays that work in my player, but at the moment there doesn't seem to be a decent outlet. The Starblazers releases are crazy expensive and seem to have stopped, and while getting copies of the Japanese Blus is not that hard there is also the issue of region. Idealy I'd like to buy a box set....Any ideas?

The blurays from Japan work fine in US BD players. The SB 2199 episodes are practically the same and were running about half the price of the Yamato releases - but they do not match up since they are 4 episodes each and the first Yamato disk is only 2 episodes. If the current prices are about the same then go for the Yamato named ones.

How come they discontinued the Starblazers 2199 discs?

I asked about this before. There is no official explanation. I think its because Voyager is run by morons. You either dub it and call it Starblazers or just leave it undubbed as Yamato 2199. How hard can it be? Also, the price per blu-ray was too damn high for a North American release too. Might as well buy a Japanese blu-ray instead for what Voyager was charging.

They expected name recognition to carry the release. Between fans who had already imported the Japanese release,fans who would have supported if they had "not" used the Starblazers name, and newer fans who are far too young to remember or care about Starblazers, they shot themselves in both kneecaps.

Edited by Keith

They expected name recognition to carry the release. Between fans who had already imported thr Japaneze release,fans who would have supported if 5hey had "not" used the Starblazers name, and newer fans who are far too young to remember or care about Starblazers, they shot themselves in both kneecaps.

Yes. That and only advertising in places where hardcore anime fans would visit did them in.

I've never seen Voyager do any other anime releases. Are they are Harmony Gold kind of outfit that only has the one batch of licenses and milks that for all that it's worth?

I think they were originally setup to be a U.S. didtribution arm for Yamato, then werr forgotten and degraded to their current state.

honestly would it not be better for them to air Yamato on hulu or Netflicks? or is there legal or financial considerations i'm missing?

No announcment on season 2 yet. As for Ark, it will come out on May 27th. The Blu-Ray version of the movie will be shown in select theatres in late April. This is supposedly an upgraded version with some production errors (mostly caused by the production running out of time back in December) fixed, much like what they did with episodes 25 and 26 back when volume 7 came out.

Yuki v4 with cast-off option?

ahahaha!

:bump:

SHE WILL BE MINE

Well....I'll wager the cast off portion only involves the lower dress, if they remain faithful to the anime...

Edited by myk

I'm Koo-koo for Yuki but with all of her different figures I can't shake the feeling that her face is wrong or off on all of them, somehow. That bikini version has a fabulous body but it just doesn't strike me as being an accurate "Yuki..."

• 2 weeks later...

^^^^At this point she'd better be wearing nothing but her sidearm and holster.

Well my favorite space-ditz Yurisha showed up. Anyone else get her also?