Latest completed build- VF-1S Valkyrie, Max Type

Jefuemon

Throw another one on the shelves! Just finished up my 1/48 scale DYRL version of the VF-1S (from Hasegawa), done up as Max's ride. Very straightforward build, nothing surprising.

I realized that with all the Valkyries/variable fighters I've built, I've never had one displayed in full-speed mode. Decided to remedy that defect with this kit.

post-12411-0-78201200-1407657300_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-27095800-1407657306_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-09292200-1407657311_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-78397900-1407657315_thumb.jpg

post-12411-0-11368400-1407657321_thumb.jpg

As usual, more can be seen here.

Very nicely done. Do the wings get fixed into position on these kits then, or is it just a display preference you're talking about?

The wings can be swept into any position, I've just always had my other kits displays with full deployment.

Also, I have a favor to ask of anyone who has a Facebook account. Can you please post this as a response to this?

"Michael Parrott Nice job. But max was not AC #001." found here. Thanks!

Yes, I'm probably one of the 10 people still in the world with no plan to be on FB.

Looks fantastic. I like the third-last shot. I haven't built any of the 1/48 Hasegawa valks. Are they easier/harder to put together compared to the 1/72 ones?

About the same, difficulty wise, but the detail is a lot better. They include the wing parts to block out the interior when fully extended, all the verniers are actually recessed, not decaled, and they fixed the 1/72's Droopy Leg Syndrome. So far, my only regret about the 1/48 line is the lack of weapon kits.

The wings can be swept into any position, I've just always had my other kits displays with full deployment.

Also, I have a favor to ask of anyone who has a Facebook account. Can you please post this as a response to this?

"Michael Parrott Nice job. But max was not AC #001." found here. Thanks!

Yes, I'm probably one of the 10 people still in the world with no plan to be on FB.

Put that reply on FB for ya! B))

We got you on twitter though... :p

Little OT here, but I actually started up Twitter 'cause I found it was a lot easier to talk with my favorite band that way. They're actually some of my first followers, too!

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome build! I love in flight for these 1/48's, but it's a pain to close those doors.....

It's a bit of a pain, but it's even tougher on the 1/72 line.

Jefuemon was asking for that video to be put on facebook to reply to that person's comment on facebook. He knows that Max was #001 in that instance..

Regardless, amazing build. Had a look at your flickr too. Just wow.