1/32nd Captian's BEAST build

mslz22

man are these kits even still available?

Pretty sure the Captain sold out all that he made. If your lucky someone who ordered the Legioss kit (with no time or want to build it anymore) will sell you theirs.

I waited semi patiently for my Comanchero. lol. BUt it can happen

I hope so. I don't collect much of the mospeada stuff but I would love to add this next to the standing 1/2000 SDF =)

That would be a great photo opportunity.

I don't know if i am doing something wrong, I don't think I am but with the leg missiles I don't think i can close the doors as the missiles are too tall. The upper arm ones seem to be able to be closed. The joints can be posed but need to be locked down when you get it where you want it. You can loosen and repose, but like any model with that feature you may risk paint scratches if you do it too much.

Hope to have this wrapped up in the next week or so...

thanks

mike

007-8_zps6baf78db.jpg

004-14_zps63884ced.jpg

I hope we get to see this thing in fighter mode.

Well this kit is meant to be built in any of the 3 modes but the kit itself I don't think is variable.

I also really want to see one in fighter mode!

Quick update, i have not had a lot of time to work on this this week but got a little done today. I did a very light wash/filter before i gloss coated the parts that will get decals, it was enough to add some depth to the colors. I did most of the decals at this point and will then dull coat, add some more filters/wash to deepen it a bit more, then more dull coat. Doing the missiles is becoming tedious but will try to paint 1 set a day until they are done. Still need to do the wings, nosecone and a few other details.

thanks

mike

019-6_zpsf8b22f31.jpg

Well the RT crowd will need to change their shorts after seeing this build (y'all can fill in the blanks) ... :p

I am truly looking forward to the beauty shots of this amazing work.

Bravo!!!

Yup, they will (blank) and (blank) all over themselves... hahaha

Awesome build, I still can't wrap my mind around the size of that beast.

• 4 weeks later...

Calling this done for now, still a few things to do but i really need to clear the bench space for stuff i have coming up. Took me longer to finish because i got busy with other stuff, but 5 minutes here and 10 minutes there got it done. I know i owe a couple of you guys 1/48 pilot figures, I will get those out sometime this week, the figures have been done for a while but had an issue with the vac formed visor, got that taken care of and will ship them out asap.

Someday i will set up a better photoshoot for this and some of my other stuff. I really need to invest some time in figuring out how to properly photograph models and get a nice set up.

thanks

mike

002-14_zps65b64a64.jpg

003-18_zps4592174d.jpg

006-11_zps6d42e124.jpg

010-9_zps4df8d69e.jpg

014-6_zps7768c3d5.jpg

018-5_zps44d1f913.jpg