1/72 Zentradi Gnerl fighter?

captain america

Phenomenal john, phenomenal...How do you make your panel lines so clean..?

They aren't Hasegawa-perfect by any means; maybe the photos just make them appear that way. If anything, I tried to make them slightly sloppy to mimmic crude manufacturing... Kinda like the finish on a russian fighter. The straight panels over rollercoaster-style compound curves was a bear: I used rulers on some flatter areas, and then masking tape where the ruler could not go. I passed a couple times with an Xacto, then carefully again with a file, and sometimes with a dental tool.

The rivets were done with my own homemade brass punchie thing that I turned on my lathe; I wanted a different size rivet than I have for earth mecha, and also wanted a slightly rounded head. At some point I'll do a little expose on how to scribe panels & rivets :)

That looks spectacular, I hope to see a finished one someday.

Will the landing gear be able to support the weight of the kit?

Honestly, I don't know. The rear struts will be metal reinforced, but the fact that they're splayed at such drastic angles gives me pause. In a worst case, a simple 3mm clear acrylic rod at the rear of the fuselage will fix any weight support issues. Damn Zentradi and their nonsensical designs.

Honestly, I don't know. The rear struts will be metal reinforced, but the fact that they're splayed at such drastic angles gives me pause. In a worst case, a simple 3mm clear acrylic rod at the rear of the fuselage will fix any weight support issues. Damn Zentradi and their nonsensical designs.

What's the estimated weight of this kit?

Absolutely awesome work!!! I gotta ask, are you doing ant CAD/CAM CNC stuff? All the parts look it. For sloppy rivet lines, you sure laid them down straight! I've been panel lining this week on the ramp and it's driving me nuts. At least all my runs are on level surfaces. Keep up the awesome work Moscato! - MT

Edited by MechTech

Absolutely awesome work!!! I gotta ask, are you doing ant CAD/CAM CNC stuff? All the parts look it. For sloppy rivet lines, you sure laid them down straight! I've been panel lining this week on the ramp and it's driving me nuts. At least all my runs are on level surfaces. Keep up the awesome work Moscato! - MT

Cad huh?

CNC wha??

It's ALL done by hand, dude! The only computer thingamabob I use is my brain. Besides, it came free and it runs cheap, so... :lol:

Some of the rivets are a tad off, but I like that because it gives the model some character. Some are punched a little deeper than others also. If you get near a real fighter up close, you start to see lots of these awesome little imperfections (particularly on the older birds) like unequal riveting, panel seams filled with "caulking" and other litte patchwork repair niceties, and that's what I try to impart onto my models; especially the zentradi stuff which is rather old by the time we see it in SDF Macross. That equipment just oozes character, so I took that idea and ran with it.

So can you tell me again how I should order this? I am sure I missed another post somewhere but I simply couldn't wait and had to ask... B))

Funny you should axe that...

Hey everyone!

Well the gnerl is now being prepped for molding, and the resin has been ordered; hoping to have finished molds by Saturday or Sunday.

Ordering info.

Kit price ( I'm not forgetting this time!!) is $300.00 CANADIAN DOLLARS each.

Shipping:

-Within Canada/US: $27.00 CANADIAN DOLLARS for up to 2 kits

-International: $50.00 CANADIAN DOLLARS per kit

Payment methods:

-An international postal money order in CANADIAN or equivalent US funds makes me yummiest in the tummy.

-Paypal is an option, but incurs a fee of $13 cdn extra per kit, which is kind of a ripoff if you axe me; better to pay the $3 for the M-O even if the payment takes a lil' longer to arrive.Plus, if you give me notice that you're sending an M-O, the kit(s) will be reserved for you in my usual manner.

Schedule: based on current calculations, the first kits should be popping out of their molds by tuesday/Wednesday next week (May 6-7) and shipping should commence about 10 days later.

Hmm, that's about it. Did I forget anything? :huh:

Also, for those new members that haven't bought from me before, just PM me with your prefered method of payment and I'll give you the necessary payment details.

Ready? Set... GO! :ph34r:

Don't mean to open the can of worm (oh, maybe yes ^_^ ). Since the Gnerl already includes a pilot, I hope it would not take too much work to modify it to fit in a Regult. Is it possible to open a poll to see if we have enough interest for the Regult pilot?

How about opening a poll to guage the interest your product line-up?? We'll see which can of worms everyone wants :blink: I'm still waiting for the regults and some of the the destroids.

How about opening a poll to guage the interest your product line-up?? We'll see which can of worms everyone wants :blink: I'm still waiting for the regults and some of the the destroids.

Starship modeller still has less than a handfull of the masterfully sculpted Moscato Regult Scout. (bites tongue).

Hi guys!

Just wanted to give everyone a little progress report. The casting is going rather smoothly, even if it did take a little longer to ramp-up than I would have liked. I'm going to be posting some pics of the castings in a couple days.

Also, I wanted to ask those of you who want to place an order by Paypal or MO to please give me notice before via PM to confirm it with me before you do so. The Gnerl is limited to just 30 examples and 17 are already spoken for, so I need to manage things carefully. In the interest of fairness to all, I operate on a first come, first served basis. For example, giving me notice that funds have been sent by mail on tuesday takes precedent over someone who sends funds electronically on Thursday. Also, I'd want to avoid anyone sending funds that would have to be returned because the supply dried up before I knew they had placed the order.

Anyhoo, you know where my PM box is if you need me ^_^

Edited by captain america

Put me down for one.

I have to keep the Moscato collection current now 9 even though i missed one recently (regult) :)

Im going to see if I can get an International money transfer or order setup for you. I dont want to line eBay/PayPals pockets anymore. :)

Hi everyone!

I was supposed to post these pics last Friday, but I was derailed by other activities. Essentially, I just wanted to show a partial breakdown of the parts just for fun. Oh, and just in case you're wondering, the cockpit consoles are separate and they ARE molded in translucent amber; these parts are just my test-shots, and opaque plastic photographs better than clear (which makes a difference in the instructions.) :secret:

Oh, also: someone had PMed me asking about the mold material I use. It's made by Bluestar (formerly Rhodia) and it's the 1065 with the green catalyst. A given silicone rubber's cured color is not necessarily indicative of specific properties: different companies just like to use various colors to distinguish their products, and green rubber by one company is not necessarily indicative of the same properties as a green rubber from another firm.

The parts:

1fd4b56548.jpg

7edf36ab66.jpg

0c29cc3a61.jpg

33f4258518.jpg

b3d07b26dd.jpg

My bucket of mold material:

bc5664ebe9.jpg

I should begin shipping in a couple weeks or so. Some of the molds are so large and I need 13 molds in total to produce a full kit; they can't all fit in my pressure pot at once, so it takes two sessions to make parts for one model in stead of just one, even using a resin with a 15 minute pot life. Short version: it takes a long time to make da kits :D