1/72 Launch Arm for Hasagawa kits

Gundamhead

Wow look great I don't have any hasegawas but I might just want the base its soo cool it gives me a crap load of ideas :D I can't believe all this came from the wf kits is more like your own kit made from scratch. Maybe you should get it licensed and sell it at the wonderfestival. Its so diffrent from the original. Oh by the way how does the claws support the weight of the model? Are you suppose to drill holes, fit pegs etc?

from Rich :D

Wow look great I don't have any hasegawas but I might just want the base its soo cool it gives me a crap load of ideas :D I can't believe all this came from the wf kits is more like your own kit made from scratch. Maybe you should get it licensed and sell it at the wonderfestival. Its so diffrent from the original. Oh by the way how does the claws support the weight of the model? Are you suppose to drill holes, fit pegs etc?

from Rich :D

The only part left from the original that isn't changed are the 4 flat fingers. I consider it my own kit. I'd much rather be able to go to wonderfestival/Jaf-Con someday. B))

The kit is supported through the little 1/4" square umbilical with a pin through the VF. The claws fingers act more as detail than an actual support.

Possible to use the resin used in casting the "Spider Bugs" as it was far better to work with and gave more detail than the one used for the "Booster kit".

Also, any chance just getting the arm and signal unit without the base as I believe it will cost a bomb to ship that, especially overseas :(

I know, I always try and make things complicated :lol: ,

Andy :)

Possible to use the resin used in casting the "Spider Bugs" as it was far better to work with and gave more detail than the one used for the "Booster kit".

Also, any chance just getting the arm and signal unit without the base as I believe it will cost a bomb to ship that, especially overseas :(

I know, I always try and make things complicated :lol: ,

Andy :)

Gundamhead is handling all the sales, so Ill leave him to answer the without base question.

As for resin, it will be the same quality resin and quality silicone used in the Spiderbug and paintable mold releases will be used to minimize effort. THe arms will have embedded metal rods in them for strength.

Cheers

Jesse

Aw krep....more resin that I "need' to buy.

What is it about resin that makes it soooo addictive. I'd never bought a resin kit in my life (a few weeks short of 40) and now I'm looking at kit #4 in less than 6 months.

*sigh*

great job (again) on the launch arm. How do you think it'd look with a VE hanging from it?

Ha! can't believe you got that reference, I love that movie.

Definitly one of my favorites!

Okay...some updates...finally got around to taking pictures....it was a hellish weekend...sorry.

So...here goes...first..some line art...shows the signal arm

la001.jpg

This is how I want to display mine...hanging on the wall (takes up less shelf space this way! )

another shot with the signal arm

post_3_1074707053.jpg

and...

post_3_1074706875.jpg

Too cool!

I cannot wait for you to start casting this...My wallet can, but I can't. :lol:

Gundamhead, truly a magnificent sculpt. I mean, how did you get the little

oblong slots in the square detail piece on the end of the arm? This is going

to build up into a stunning diorama.

So what's next on the drawing board? ;)

That's what I'd like to know, how the hell do you do recessed panels that are larger than a razor saw? I can scribe panel lines but seems like you'd have to chisel that out or something.

What's the secret?

Just promise me you'll wait a couple of months so my poor wallet can recover from the PL Enterprise & Wonderfest.

Please.

I promise I'll buy one.

On the flip side if you show up to Wonderfest with one I'll be obliged to buy one from ya.

The amazing thing is there are details you can't see in my pictures. Within many of the little raised details are minute details...I swear Joe is hiding a access to a laser or something...they are sharper then a pin...unreal detail on this baby!

As for timing...Im probably a month away from starting...so thats 6 weeks to go live. Right now, for people who are interested please tell Joe. If we have enough interest I can keep the price down on the kit by gang molding...but that will only raise the price if there isn't enough interest. We won't be asking for payment for a while though, so everyone has time to save. :)

CHEERS!