Nowadays, CGI is used for mundane things - all because a digital toilet is cheaper than a real toilet.

Sad but true. I still hold the recent GI Joe movie as a prime and hated example of this. They used bad CGI of Apache helicopters flying over a desert. Maybe a 5-second scene. They did nothing but fly over some sand. And they didn't have special GI Joe markings or anything. Surely there's a million hours of stock footage of Apache choppers over the desert. But they instead did some obviously-fake CG from scratch instead.

Sad but true. I still hold the recent GI Joe movie as a prime and hated example of this. They used bad CGI of Apache helicopters flying over a desert. Maybe a 5-second scene. They did nothing but fly over some sand. And they didn't have special GI Joe markings or anything. Surely there's a million hours of stock footage of Apache choppers over the desert. But they instead did some obviously-fake CG from scratch instead.

Which is even more humorous when you take in the fact that they used stock footage from Black Hawk Down in the flashback scene later on. :p

Who in here would like to share their experiences with having to watch a Twilight movie (whether or not they were forced to)?

I've seen them all and they are not that bad, given a choice any Twilight film is preferable to any Transformers movie (except the animated one, I actually didn't mind that one)

Dragged to the first Twilight, and let's just say I was unimpressed. I'd take Transformers or Dark of the Moon over it any day. Revenge of the Fallen... it's a toss-up.

... no, never mind that. I'd rather watch RotF than Twilight. Then again, I am really, really sick of vampire romance in any medium. Give me Blade or even Lost Boys any day.

Edited by Penguin

So can I nominate the various "El Santo" movies or are they off limits?

As long as you don't include Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter, you're good.

As long as you don't include Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter, you're good.

Not exactly where I was going with that, but okay....

El Santo or just Santo is a masked pro wrestler from Mexico who is considered by many the greatest of all luche libre. He wrestled for almost 5 decades, never took his mask off, and made over 50 terrible sci-fi/horror films like this one that appeared on MST3K...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santo_vs._las_Mujeres_Vampiro

Speaking of El Santo, here's one of his infamous misadventures - except that it's unauthorized:

Wouldn't call his portrayal in JCVH "authorized" either... :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Since I haven't seen it - and I don't know if I should, just how bad is Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem?

I have not seen it, but any film that show the facehuggers getting loose in a hospital maternity ward and uses that in the TV ad, that is just sick.

Since I haven't seen it - and I don't know if I should, just how bad is Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem?

Oh, I could lament things like violating (horror) rule movies like killing the kid and dog who are hiking in the forest with dad or the inner-city sewer that's located in the wilderness suburbs... but that's the least of the movies problems.

In short, I found myself sooooooooooo bored with the movie, once I figured out it was filmed in Vancouver, I spent most of the time trying to figure out what parts of the city it was filmed in and if I'd been to them. The appearance of a reoccurring actor from Stargate SG-1 was also interesting... cause I got to think about what he's been up to since his last appearance in that TV show. So...

... the movie's not even in the so-bad-its-good category...

It's Dark. As in the lighting is so bad I can tell whats happening type dark. And the Predator gets his butt kicked. Again. I seriously don't understand why that keeps happening. In the first one; yeah they were noobs. But this one...idk.

Skyline.

I didn't see it but paid for it. Dang you pay per view.

After my dad watched it. I asked why the aliens were there. He responded with a shoulder shrug.

• 2 weeks later...

The Punisher (2004)

It is not technically bad, but it's not good.

I prefer the approach of the character did in the War Zone, but with that bad script, did not work.

Nevertheless, it is higher than this.

It's Dark. As in the lighting is so bad I can tell whats happening type dark.

You have to watch "Monster a Go Go". The only action scene was filmed in pitch black, the only thing we could see was a couple of reflections off of white helmets (I think, very hard to remember). This also featured a phone call where someone said "Ring ring" for the phone ringer rather then just having someone call the phone at the right time, there is cheap and then there is CHEAP!

This one is only watchable in MST3K form of course.

• 4 weeks later...

I'll have to revive this thread, tried to watch "Tokyo Gore Police" last night and I ended up shutting it off after 30 minutes or so - the noise was distracting me from the book I was reading. I knew it would be bad, but I had no idea just how bad it could be. The title of one of the extras leads me to believe this is a somewhat popular genre(*) in Japan, is that true?

(*) - By genre I mean movies with lots of cheesy mutilation scenes and no plot.

I'll have to revive this thread, tried to watch "Tokyo Gore Police" last night and I ended up shutting it off after 30 minutes or so - the noise was distracting me from the book I was reading. I knew it would be bad, but I had no idea just how bad it could be. The title of one of the extras leads me to believe this is a somewhat popular genre(*) in Japan, is that true?

(*) - By genre I mean movies with lots of cheesy mutilation scenes and no plot.

You sir, have no sense of style. Tokyo Gore Police is the bomb!

You sir, have no sense of style. Tokyo Gore Police is the bomb!

It's a bomb all right...

That's right. Anyone who doesn't like Eihi Shiina has no soul.

If that is the star of the movie then I agree, but oh what a wretched film to star in. (I'd say I could watch her in anything but that would not quite be true)