Hey guys, we know that the first anthology movie is titled Rogue One, is about stealing the Death Star plans, and is due Dec. 2016

The next anthology movie will be about a young Han Solo. Due in theaters Dec. 2018.

http://www.starwars.com/news/christopher-miller-and-phil-lord-to-helm-han-solo-anthology-film

Chris

We already have a Rogue One thread, I'd suggest renaming this one "Star Wars: Han Solo"Edit: actually, you created the other thread, Dob. LOL

Bah! Old age is getting to be a bitch! Lol :p

Chris

So when the time comes for casting, this guy already played a young Harrison Ford in Age of Adeline. Looks and expressions wise he'd be perfect...just don't know how well he can act.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Disney is going to wring the Star Wars universe dry. On the plus side it is not a Boba-Fett movie.

That'll be anthology movie #3. ;)

Chris

Were this any other property, I'd say Disney runs the risk of running this franchise straight into the ground through over-saturation; but it is Star Wars... fans will just about eat up anything that's thrown at them.

Guest davidwhangchoi

when i first the title of this thread, i thought finally they're going to release an unaltered trilogy on bluray.

Disney's gotta make back that 4 billion somehow. I have to admit, I am dying to see the internet 5 years from now. Will it be mostly pleasant surprise or a whole new era of raped childhoods? :)

It makes sense that they would do a solo Han (chortle) film, being one of the most popular of the original characters. I suppose the big question is how far off the map are they going with these films. As always, I fear for the paralyzing effect that nostalgia seems to have on modern directors making these kinds of franchise films. If they are retreading old ground, I'd at least hope they open up the universe and avoid the "hyperlinked" problems of the prequels that made the Star Wars universe feel lifeless and small.

Were this any other property, I'd say Disney runs the risk of running this franchise straight into the ground through over-saturation; but it is Star Wars... fans will just about eat up anything that's thrown at them.

Star Trek was like that too, up till Nemesis.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...