Vf-s1 Project

wongster

Hi all, just beginning to model a VF-S1 in lightwave. I'll keep you posted I suppose. Here is the head XD... a slow start but good enough. Took me about a week with school going and all, didn't have a lot of time to work on it.

Credits for this model go to ...

Wongster

Avenger XI

Some 1 second renders.... 0.o

no comments on the absence of Anti Aliasing, Caustics, Radiosity or anything else... hence 1 second renders.

heads or tails?

post-2815-1137044735_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1137044810_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1137044819_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1137044829_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1137044839_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1137044848_thumb.jpg

Edited by wongster

• 2 weeks later...

yeah, couple things guys... would really be a big help. If you have a scale model which I know some of you do :p I would really like an ortho of the arms the best you can. Legs would be nice too. Or perhaps a scan of the manual and pieces? Anyways thanks. Just as a heads up, I'm planning to recreate one of the fight sequences... haven't decided it yet, but it'll include all 3 modes and the transformation sequences. Possible a fight scene from macross zero.

oh yeah, one last thing... I think I've seen most of the macross stuff but I was just wondering if i missed anything other than,

-macross zero

-first season with Rick or Hikaru in the original ver....

-second season with Dana or w/e

-third season of robotech... Scott and his little band of rebels

-macross dynamite... weird ppl with guitars + older ver. of milia and Max

-macross 7

wondering if there are any more seasons? or are there other movies... heard about something like that on the main page. Thanks... and by the time you finish reading this... DON"T FORGET TEH SCANS IF YOU HAVE THEM TANKS!

Edited by wongster

yeah, couple things guys... would really be a big help. If you have a scale model which I know some of you do  :p I would really like an ortho of the arms the best you can. Legs would be nice too. Or perhaps a scan of the manual and pieces? Anyways thanks. Just as a heads up, I'm planning to recreate one of the fight sequences... haven't decided it yet, but it'll include all 3 modes and the transformation sequences. Possible a fight scene from macross zero.

oh yeah, one last thing... I think I've seen most of the macross stuff but I was just wondering if i missed anything other than,

-macross zero

-first season with Rick or Hikaru as the japs kall him

-second season with Dana or w/e

-third season of robotech... Scott and his little band of rebels

-macross dynamite... weird ppl with guitars + older ver. of milia and Max

wondering if there are any more seasons? or are there other movies... heard about something like that on the main page. Thanks... and by the time you finish reading this... DON"T FORGET TEH SCANS IF YOU HAVE THEM TANKS!

363209[/snapback]

As the 'japs' call him?

Might want to watch derogatory comments like that. You are likely to cause offense.

Note that Southern Cross/Mospeada (The two other 'generations' of robotech) have absolutely nothing at all to do with Macross.

Macross Dynamite 7 is an OVA sequel to the 50 episode TV series Macross 7. Macross 7 is set 7 years after Macross Plus, see below.

There is also Macross II, a 6-part OAV that was made in 1990 as a sequel to Macross: Do You Remember Love?, the 1984 Macross movie adaptation, which is well worth seeing. The macross movie is a retelling of the story in a two and a half hour period (and has some major plot changes and a major redesign of the Macross (what you would call SDF-1, which is actually its designation, as in CVS-12, not its name).

Then there is of course Macross Plus, a 4-part OAV/Movie set in 2040, 30 years after the end of Macross TV series. It is definately worth checking out.

There is also a music video half an hour long called Flashback 2012, which shows Minmei, Hikaru and Misa leaving Earth on the SDF-2 Megaroad for the centre of the galaxy. Megaroad is not a warship, it is a colonization vessel (and fleet).

That's a very basic overview. If you want details, go to Macross Compendium.

okay... well arms are done gee thanks a lot for the SCANS rofl... well I could use some isolated pictures and orthographics of legs... anyways really would be appreciate anything you guys got. I've got one figurine but he's the anime style and has big leg syndrome... and that wont' do because it has to transform.

anyways heres a bit of a progress report...

WE HAVE FOREARMS!!!!

reflection effects have yet to be added! anti aliasing not on... once again quick renders.

in the process in adding wear and tear texturing... working on hands and rest of arms.

okaaaaaaaaaaaaay sooo thats it for today, hopefully legs and arms finished by the end of the week... full arms guaranteed for sure... my modeling capabilities have been slightly impared by exams lawl.

post-2815-1138259631_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1138259642_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1138259651_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1138259660_thumb.jpg

Edited by wongster

hey all, one last thing... after this model is finished i'm going to add a fast pack system and also model the battloid armour. I'll render an ANIMATED transformation sequence for your viewing pleasure, and i'm planning on creating a battle scene between two VF-1S's. If anyone has suggestions concerning setting and what they would like to see in this movie plz reply with all creativity available. B))

oh yeah, if anyone knows a company that does your renders at a reasonable price... well give me a shout.

Wong

Edited by wongster

hey all, one last thing... after this model is finished i'm going to add a fast pack system and also model the battloid armour. I'll render an ANIMATED transformation sequence for your viewing pleasure, and i'm planning on creating a battle scene between two VF-1S's. If anyone has suggestions concerning setting and what they would like to see in this movie plz reply with all creativity available. B))

oh yeah, if anyone knows a company that does your renders at a reasonable price... well give me a shout.

Wong

364316[/snapback]

I can't give you any source material, but I can direct you to speaking to Nanashi (nanashinoinfogrp@hotmail.com) about getting some detailed transformation sequence shots so you get it done right.

thats for your help again lestat :lol:

oh yeah, here was an earlier attempt at creating the gun lol... I think it needs a few things like a handle for instance XD and some of the details are too smoothed.

going to remake this. I like the surface on this better than the one on the arm XD

ahahha oh yeah just took a coffee break... heres a low poly gurab model!

post-2815-1138304007_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1138315632_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1138315641_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1138315721_thumb.jpg

Edited by wongster

and we have full uh, well half of the legs... details and texturing yet to be done.

looks pretty good if i do say so myself

thanks go out to avenger for great feet surface B))

leg details not finished yet... coming soon, tonight or tomorrow morning.

post-2815-1138329278_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1138329286_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1138330282_thumb.jpg

Edited by wongster

forums been down for a while? not sure... what happened there

anywas heres the progress on the legs.

the upper thighs don't quite fit together with the lower leg bits at the knee joint, going to have to sort that out. Otherewise, I'd have to say its pretty slick. :lol:

and if anyone owns a VF-1S transformable, do you think you can 5 quick pictures of the top, side, bottom, front, and back of the little back pack thingie? I need for modeling purposes.

ty!

post-2815-1138734968_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1138765211_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1138765263_thumb.jpg

Edited by wongster

and if anyone owns a VF-1S transformable, do you think you can 5 quick pictures of the top, side, bottom, front, and back of the little back pack thingie? I need for modeling purposes.

This what you're looking for?

backpack.jpg

Macross Dynamite 7 is an OVA sequel to the 50 episode TV series Macross 7. Macross 7 is set 7 years after Macross Plus, see below.

That's a very basic overview. If you want details, go to Macross Compendium.

363243[/snapback]

Lestat, a few minor corrections in your statement.

Mac 7 takes place 33 years after the end of the SDF Macross series and 5 years after the events of Macross Plus. ;)

Edited by Zinjo

Straight for sure... the rounded one should not even be an option.  RODAVAN...  DOK GONZO...  those were the days.

370472[/snapback]

DAT - you said it - time to come out of "retirement"...? ;)

Wongster - straight-edged, yeah... but you might try to bevel the edges, give them a slightly less abrupt feel. That applies to many similar edges throughout the model.

lol can do :p yeah last year I used to be part of that CG thread but I gave up for a while, didn't know the program that well. I did see all of Rodavan's stuff though :p

hmm thinking of making the eye a little more transparent and adding an iris in there 0.o what do you guys thing :rolleyes:

i'm almost finished! but I still have a lot of detail and animation to do... Anybody got tips on how to do a proper robot movement + transformation IK? don't want to go through too much trouble to animate this thing. I have rigged the hand already, but I don't want to touch anything else until i'm sure this'll work. I tried rigging the arm but it morphs the thing 0.o then it looks weird.

Edited by wongster

Wongster - have you seen Dok and Rod's valks?  You should check them out... those guys are vets.  The fact that they're watching over your thread... you should be honored.

:)

370813[/snapback]

Dat's being ridiculously modest, he's probably got the best vf-1 model on this forum.

As for the rigging, man, what can I say? If I were in your shoes, I'd actually make multiple rigs. For the battroid, just rig it the same way you'd rig up any biped. Do a separate fighter rig for animating all the control surfaces and so forth. And do a dedicated rig for transformation. It'll be MUCH easier, and you'll ulitmately save yourself a lot of grief...