1/2400 scale TV SDF-1

Jefuemon

Well, it's a papercraft. Still counts as a model, right?

post-12411-0-28272700-1423743623_thumb.jpg

50 cm, 400 parts. Never built papercraft before, but may start with this one.

EDIT: OK, just preordered it, so I will be starting with this one!

Releasing on February 27th.

Edited by Jefuemon

how do you order the sdf-1 in the states?

I'm also curious how to order this. Definitely hope HLJ will sell it as i have an established relationship and know what to expect with shipping and payment. not sure how to do that with amazon japan.

You can order it off of Amazon Japan the same way as ordering off of regular Amazon. Looks like someone already checked, and the shipping is around ¥1200 or so.

And right now it's the number one best-seller in the comics/anime section!

I might as well order one of these too, since Arcadia isn't going to hook me up with an SDFM ever.

Interesting that it's in the best sellers section. Is it because it's so cheap, or is it really because NOBODY will make an effing SDFM version?

Edited by Mommar

Interesting that it's in the best sellers section. Is it because it's so cheap, or is it really because NOBODY will make an effing SDFM version?

I hope that some manufacturers will see this, and realize that there is a market for a TV SDF-1 of some type (other than the papercraft).

Does this actually provide materials and instruct you in the assembly or does it just goes into detail of a 1/2400 papercraft model that they built instead?

Edited by wmkjr

Looks like it contains info on original SDFM TV series and all the papercraft pieces to construct the SDF-1....

Product Description
Contents Introduction
All thoroughly dissected ultimate book of popular robot animation appeared in leading role battleship in "Macross" "SDF-1 Macross ship". The history of "SDF-1 Macross ship" from the television broadcast at that time in writing has been treasured set images and play in the image, performance and structure, such as the operation method in combat and full description. VF-1 Valkyrie variations and all Destroyed series such as, Earth integration army of mecha also exhaustive. Such as television series all episodes guide and character correlation diagram, also information for you to enjoy a work-packed. Also continue to evolve and expand current "Macross" series of flow also full commentary.
In addition, 1/2400 scale mecha designer Kazutaka Miyatake's "Macross" was thorough supervision, overall length 50cm, ultra-precise "SDF-1 Macross ship" with Paper Craft of the total parts number 400 points. In character information and three-dimensional object, I will focus on the whole picture of Macross ship.

Just place your order via Amazon Japan, you can sign in using your US Amazon account.

No, you can't use your amazon.com account to login to amazon japan. I've tried and it doesn't work. You have to create a new account.

Here's a web page that talks about this exact issue:

http://askville.amazon.com/sign-Amazon-Japan-profile-companies/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=9428960

Strange. I just ordered a Macross the ride visual book via Amazon Japan no problem with my US account. Shipped super fast too. Also got to place this preorder.

Edited by wmkjr

No, you can't use your amazon.com account to login to amazon japan. I've tried and it doesn't work. You have to create a new account.

Here's a web page that talks about this exact issue:

http://askville.amazon.com/sign-Amazon-Japan-profile-companies/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=9428960

Maybe older accounts were grandfathered into being "global"....I have always used the account I created for my US Amazon orders to sign into Amazon Japan...

I'll just blame HG for the policy change!

So does the description say it needs to be built either as cruiser or attacker mode?

Hopefully, either today or tomorrow I'll be able to tell you.

Hopefully, either today or tomorrow I'll be able to tell you.

LOL...at the price point I just went ahead and bought two initially.....but the "google" translation of the publisher site seems to indicate you have to choose one or the other....and perhaps a third configuration.....maybe it's just a typically bad google translation....

But just in case, I guess I'm glad I snatched two....

http://s.news.mynavi.jp/news/2015/02/26/438/

Paper craft, that has a Several compatible specifications that can be assembled to choose Kyoko type as Fortress ship also a check required.

005.jpg?photo

If you have assembled as fortress ship. Appearance is to reproduce the SDF-1 that appeared in TV version of "Macross"

006.jpg?photo

Back of the fortress ship. Vernier part has been built up to (the soles of the feet)

007.jpg?photo 008.jpg?photo

If you have assembled as forced type. So that it is allowed to self-reliance, I wonder it can be seen that the ankle as compared with the time of fortress ship is inclined

It is possible to assemble in the armed Buster Cannon