Mission 11: Jellyfish Reminiscences  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Messer <3 Kaname #sadface #theonethatgotaway)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (A trip down memory lane? He's gone. Get over it. #onelastbuzzkill)

The two most predictable twists would be:

A) the king dies/is killed and Epsilon usurps the PC tech and shoves their own agenda forward,

OR

B) the PC tech does something unexpected and the Windemerians lose control of it and it threatens everyone.

I'm hoping Kawamori has a surprise third option up his sleeve, but this series hasn't stuck it's narrative neck out much thus far.

All things considered, my suspicion is King Gramia will backstab Epsilon for being human, and they'll scurry to Kaos with intel while hollering "Curse your sudden yet inevitable betrayal!"

All things considered, my suspicion is King Gramia will backstab Epsilon for being human, and they'll scurry to Kaos with intel while hollering "Curse your sudden yet inevitable betrayal!"

If we want to keep to Windermere being the antagonists, Epsilon's usefulness to Windermere will likely end before the show ends.

If we want to keep to Windermere being the antagonists, Epsilon's usefulness to Windermere will likely end before the show ends.

As fast as the plot points are falling, I don't think that's how it will go. Macross is all about showing us why we should love our enemies and how conflict is usually more a matter of misunderstood motivations than actual villiany. Add to that the fact that the Windermerians as villians are pretty well played out at this point (there don't appear to be any underlying agendas, with the king's speech, the stated reason for the aggression seems to be the one driving their actions with no grander scheme beneath it) and I think we're about to be served a new threat in the next few episodes and that it will be the real big bad.

There are plenty of ways to tell a great story and not follow that pattern, but this being a Macross story, this is what I'm expecting.

SK may yet surprise me, though.

Wondering if they are doing some extra research on Messer's remains or body if Keith killed him that eloquently. Something about the fact that in Ep 9, the fact that Johnson and Arad were allowed to have him continue to operate in Delta Platoon despite having VAR Syndrome on the proviso that they keep on feeding back data on him to Lady M.

Even, so I'm not expecting a comeback from him at this point in time.