Figuarts Bruce looks fantastic. He's a Figuarts, that's how they cut up their figures for articulation, I'm not sure what people were expecting. He looks like an excellent alternative to those stupid expensive 1/4 and 1/6 Bruce doll/figures, and miles ahead of the Figma, I mean that Figma version of Bruce just looks painfully terrible, stick to creepy little anime girls Figma, know your niche.

Bruce Lee and the reissue of Darth Vader should be up tonight at midnight pacific time around 3.5 hours from now incase anyone is planing to get them.

Do you know if Bandai is planning on a reissuing the S.H.Figuarts Storm Troopers and the RotJ Luke?

meh i think the figma one is better than the figuarts from early pictures...the figuarts one just looks angrier and the hair is wrong. joints are also way more obvious. sh figuarts Cap murders figma cap though

You might need to see some new pics then, the Figma looks beyond terrible in my opinion.

max06288_0_1437719375.jpg?v=1437719375bann01849_1_1438323963.jpg?v=1438323963max06288_3_1437719373.jpg?v=1437719373bann01849_0_1438323936.jpg?v=1438323936

max06288_4_1437719373.jpg?v=1437719373bann01849_5_1438323912.jpg?v=1438323912

Like I said, Figma should stick to anime girls, they just can't handle realistic faces in any form, my Figma Snake is probably my biggest disspointment of the year so far, which is strange, because my Figma Iron Man DX or whatever had a really solid looking Tony face in my opinion. I can't even really agree on the Figuarts having more obvious joints, to every point people try to bring up about the Figuart, I look at the Figmas arm pit area, which I think is far more egregious then anything on the Figuart. And the hair? Figuarts and Figma are both representing Bruce's hair decently, he's had both looks before.

Edited by Tking22

They're both fugly to me.

That said, between the two, the Figuarts does have the better face. Think somebody somewhere had opined that Figma's actually Bruce Li instead of Bruce Lee.

Fwiw, I think the Figuarts would've been alot better and more tolerable if they used the Bruce Lee in his iconic yellow jumpsuit from Game of Death...

for those of you that don't know your bruce lee well enough....

figma's yelling face is this...after he kills someone after stomping on them with both feet and twisting. it recalls this expression perfectly.

tumblr_mjrl405ATE1qftlbso1_500.png

bandai attemps something vaguely like this

brucelee19.jpg

also the calm faces ...figma went with resting. bandai went with when bruce is making the noises. i prefer a "normal" bruce....lastly....but that one is really a tie. but....

DAMN those joints be UGLY on the bandai. figma's has more believable musculature and less obnoxious seams.

I'll just be getting the Figuarts, the Figma faces are far too doofy looking, I'm pretty sure any Bruce fan would know exactly what each company was going for without explanation. I think it's a damn shame both companies went for nearly the same look, and even many of the same accessories, like others said, yellow jumpsuit would have been nice, hell I'd even take a plain white shirt Bruce.

Hmm...screaming face looks pretty accurate. Also note that both screen shots are taken when Bruce is topless just like that action figure. If Figma wanted to use that stomping face they should have made Bruce with his shirt on. Bruce's chest also isn't that puffy. Figma looks like he's strapped on two small pillows onto his chest.

....and nipples!

post-93-0-92026700-1438659158_thumb.png

post-93-0-29012500-1438659207_thumb.png

Do you know if Bandai is planning on a reissuing the S.H.Figuarts Storm Troopers and the RotJ Luke?

I'm not sure on the storm trooper but ROTJ Luke is releasing on the 8th of this month so you can probably get it on release date if you weren't able to preorder before.

I was about to order... and I checked some reviews first. He has lots of gaps on the joints. :unsure:

Guess, I will just stick with the Iron Armors for this line. Too bad my upcoming Hulkbuster will not have a playmate.

Scyla's gonna be royally pissed if he misses it again this time...

:bump:

Hehe thanks. I will just wait and see if I get a chance. I preordered the reissue of Darth Vader that is due in December. If I don't hear any news until then I will just cancel it. I'm interested in the OT figures but nothing more. ^_^

Cool, looks like they shipped Cap and Hulk back to Japan for some stupid reason. Now I have to contact the seller. I'm pretty much screwed as regular Japanese customer service is s.h.i.t. as it is.

Damn this got shitty fast, didn't you buy from BandaiOnline? How did this happen, did you get stuck with SAL or were you able to choose another shipping option? I've seen this happen before, all too many times unfortunately, but it was always an issue with SAL shipping, that particular method is the one that seems to attract non-sense and BS, and delays, and your situation, stuff randomly sitting for several days then it gets shipped back to it's origin. Is there anyone you can contact about a refund, or even just ask some basic questions, like where's my crap? Pretty crap situation, I'm sorry for you, what's a guy gotta do to get some Figuarts Avengers members?

Damn this got shitty fast, didn't you buy from BandaiOnline? How did this happen, did you get stuck with SAL or were you able to choose another shipping option? I've seen this happen before, all too many times unfortunately, but it was always an issue with SAL shipping, that particular method is the one that seems to attract non-sense and BS, and delays, and your situation, stuff randomly sitting for several days then it gets shipped back to it's origin. Is there anyone you can contact about a refund, or even just ask some basic questions, like where's my crap? Pretty crap situation, I'm sorry for you, what's a guy gotta do to get some Figuarts Avengers members?

It gets more confusing, now the USPS website says it's in my city when yesterday they told me it was back in Japan...

This is why I ship by FedEx.

Thanks to Tking for trying to hook me up when it looked like I wouldn't get Cap or Hulk. They finally arrived, so it appears BandaiOnline will make good on orders, but they'll massively overcharge you on shipping.

Cap is pretty poseable though I'm not sure I'm terribly keen on his face sculpt. The the replacement eyes are pretty derpy. Hulk has a lot of paint shading and the sculpt looks good but honestly his articulation is terrible. He has cuts and swivels all over him and practically all of them are hindered or useless. I find Hulk incredibly disappointing.

Thanks to Tking for trying to hook me up when it looked like I wouldn't get Cap or Hulk. They finally arrived, so it appears BandaiOnline will make good on orders, but they'll massively overcharge you on shipping.

Cap is pretty poseable though I'm not sure I'm terribly keen on his face sculpt. The the replacement eyes are pretty derpy. Hulk has a lot of paint shading and the sculpt looks good but honestly his articulation is terrible. He has cuts and swivels all over him and practically all of them are hindered or useless. I find Hulk incredibly disappointing.

So were their shipping ems? air? or sal?

Glad you finally got them.

SAL, $40 for SAL. Those pricks.

That seems incredibly shady, especially for BandaiOnline, thanks to your story I've made the easy decision of never using them in the future. Once again, shitty situation, but at least you finally got them. On a side note, I'm super pumped, Luke Skywalker is officially on the way today.

That seems incredibly shady, especially for BandaiOnline, thanks to your story I've made the easy decision of never using them in the future. Once again, shitty situation, but at least you finally got them. On a side note, I'm super pumped, Luke Skywalker is officially on the way today.

Man, I just couldn't buy Luke. His face looks TERRIBLE IMO. Figuarts seems to have trouble with faces that aren't anime or robotic... well, the Stromtrooper is an oddity too as it's too fat IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

My Avengers! Iron Man Mk VI standing in until Mk 45 arrives. :D Enjoying the heck out of Hulk and Cap. I can certainly understand the complaints about Hulk's articulation; he's got plenty of joints but the range of motion isn't the best for several of them, but he just looks so dang good and is fun to mess around with. Really looking forward to Mk 45 and Hulkbuster!

post-197-0-90498900-1440366059_thumb.jpg post-197-0-11711700-1440374944_thumb.jpg

Edited by Keiichi

Man, I just couldn't buy Luke. His face looks TERRIBLE IMO. Figuarts seems to have trouble with faces that aren't anime or robotic... well, the Stromtrooper is an oddity too as it's too fat IMO.

honestly, his face is pretty accurate IMO. luke just wasn't a very good looking guy at that stage in his life. lol. its a decent figure but i don't like what they di with the hip/thigh articulation. its very limited and seems unnatural when you pose it in certain ways. it is also too big to scale with the SHF Vader...the problem is vader is smaller than he should be if they are going for true 1/12 scale and Luke is too tall for 1/12 scale. comparing him with black series jedi luke...he looks TONS better and is oddly TALLER.

So bought:

shfigscoutrooper6.jpg

http://www.collectiondx.com/news_item/82415/sh_figuarts_star_wars_scout_trooper_and_speeder_bike

I've seen an image of the old Kenner figure in a add inside a Mickey Mouse comic somewhere around 1985 and at the time didn't know what this was. My parents ruled that I was too young for Star Wars so I could only imagine what this was but I really dug the look of it.

This looks exactly like the image of the Scouttrooper that I had in my head ever since. The Kenner toy looks nearly as good. :D