Overdrive now offering replacement parts for Yamato

Overdrive isn't really offering replacement parts. What Overdrive offers is to submit your request to Yamato for replacement parts. If Yamato hasn't responded in 4 months that pretty much tells you Yamato doesn't have the part you want which means you're currently in a circling pattern until more SV-51s get made. People are getting the arms and shoulders they need because those toys are still in production so Yamato responds to requests for those parts.

EDIT - you get a payment request and start getting responses from Overdrive only when Yamato responds to your request by sending the parts.

Your explanation is what I fear, since the SV-51 is on discount, I'd think it hasn't sold out and Yamato is trying to get rid of inventory...the Ivanov is going at an even bigger discount, so I guess it's a sign, but I may be proven wrong. Yes, I know it comes to Yamato at the end, I just paraphrased the title of this thread because everybody asking for VF-1 and VF-0 arms have been lucky, but not many asked for relatively more "obscure" products like the SV-51.

Edited by regult

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a suggested tip. If your Roy 1S or Hiki 1J needs replacement at the hinge area, ask instead for the hinges of the Max 1S for the Roy 1S, and the Max 1A TV for the Hiki 1J.

At least you'll be sure of getting matching colours and hinges that do not have the knurling that causes stress.

If I'm wrong in my suggestion, please correct me guys...

Thanks for the tip. Hopefully I can finally get my VF-1S Focker's backpack fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

Not me....i know they have been slow after the moving and all but its already 3 months and still nothing about my replacement parts. Guess i'll go submit another order.

• 2 weeks later...

Overdrive finally got back to me after they got the parts....unfortunately they mention that the VF-1S Roy hands are out of production. I know its not OD's fault but wtf Yamato...out of production? I'm abit disappointed by this since my Roy hands although already cracked are still not irrepairably broken, but it bugs me that it may break very soon in the future. :angry:

Sorry for the wait I am contacting to inform you that the

replacement part you have requested from us has come in and is ready to

be shipped.

First we are sorry but as Yamato is curently out of stock of the VF-1S

Roy Ver arms they are not available.No word on when they will be

reproduced and made available again.

The other two parts you have requested have come in and are available to

ship.

The other two parts are the VF-0S hands and 1 side of a YF-21's thigh leg which had a crack on mine.

Meanwhile i'm trying to ask if its possible to request for armparts from other VF-1 toys since the main difference is just the shoulder pads which can be easily removed and swapped.

Edited by wolfx

wolfx...how you got the 1:60 vf0 s hands? because Im searching how to buy a pair of these!!!!!

Overdrive finally got back to me after they got the parts....unfortunately they mention that the VF-1S Roy hands are out of production. I know its not OD's fault but wtf Yamato...out of production? I'm abit disappointed by this since my Roy hands although already cracked are still not irrepairably broken, but it bugs me that it may break very soon in the future. :angry:

The other two parts are the VF-0S hands and 1 side of a YF-21's thigh leg which had a crack on mine.

Ahhhhhhhh wolfx,

You might want to re-read that quoted email it does not say "VF-1S Roy hands are out of production". What you posted tells me it very possible they will eventually come in. Plus you say hands and they are saying arms so which is it?

Ahhhhhhhh wolfx,

You might want to re-read that quoted email it does not say "VF-1S Roy hands are out of production". What you posted tells me it very possible they will eventually come in. Plus you say hands and they are saying arms so which is it?

Oh Sorry, i assumed it was OOP because the quoted message also mentioned "No word on when they will be reproduced and made available again.".

And yeah i meant arms.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my VF-0S arms and YF-21 leg....and realised i ordered the wrong leg. =.=;;

Bah.

And still waiting on news for the VF-1S arms.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a broken aircraft nose antennae on the VF-0S and VF-0A. :(

Have just posted my request. I'm wondering does Yamato have these parts for replacement? Have any one of you tried requesting these?

Edited by khyron_99

:unsure:I have a broken SV-51 Nora Booster Pack. I just sent a request for a replacement a couple of days ago. I haven't got a response yet. Did anyone have success with this? :unsure:

What is usuallly the turn around time for the response and the actual replacement?

For guys new to the part service.

Over-Drive does not carry the parts they have to go through channels to request them on your behalf then they have to wait for a response before they can respond back to your request. So if there is nothing to report then there is no reason for them to reply to your request. They also do not guarantee they can get all parts requested, so if you do not get your full order please try not to kick and scream too much.

It is a free service so there is no customer service involved, actual product orders have priority over this service. It is a waiting game that only costs you shipping in the end.

Edited by Save

I just placed regular order with OverDrive. It is morning there now and I know the shop isn't open yet. My payment is cleared. Does anyone know how long it usually takes an order to hit the west coast?

I have problem to pay OD via paypal, anybody encounter this?

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

Edited by Vi-RS

Anyone have an update on shoulder hinges? What's the current recommendation for getting replacement parts for a first-release V2 Roy? Ask for VF-1S Max shoulders? Anyone get any lately?

Nada here. :(

because maybe they lost records from over half a year ago and suddenly, by some divine providence, Yamato got a SV-51 sitting around scrapped for parts? :wacko: I am not sending emails for fun...not hard to understand people do grasp any hope to fix a 200-dollar toy right?

Edited by regult

Can someone help me?

I am missing a part from my NORA SV-51 and I can not figure out the part number.

It is one of those little pieces that comes off of the wing to fit the big booster on.

Anyone?

I guess Overdrive needs a part number and my instruction manual does not seem to have that page.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
re-sent order for SV-51 Nora wings, no response yet again, I think this is going nowhere...

I think if you describe the part it should be enough or just request the entire wing with all wing related parts.

If you try and get a reply, I'd be happy, I've been needing a left wing since beginning of this year!

Well, there's no guarantee that if you get your parts they will be any better. This is Yamato we're talking about. I just was thinking about putting my replacement VF-1S arms on my 1/60 Strike and I discovered that even one of the replacements is broken already before ever making it onto a toy. It did lead me to a new theory on why the cracks form but it still does boil down to a stupid fragile design. God I hope all my future 1/60s continue to do better.

You SV-51 guys are in for a Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong wait. Yamato is trying hard to ditch existing inventory right now. I have my doubts that they'll ever kick back up SV-51 production again. Not trying to knock you guys, I know how much it sucks, I'm just saying that you're probably going to find someone parting out a broken toy before Overdrive will be able to help you.

So I sent a request for a VF-1S Roy Shoulder Hinge...& was wondering if anyone's had success with it? How would I go about replacing the part if it is available {I hope it is}

I'm tempted to just superglue the part for now...pisses me off so much because the shoulder got stuck & so I forced it :(