Medicom/Hot Toys and all 1/6 scale figures

EXO

Nice!

IIRC, the Keaton suits weren't really designed for dynamic movement anyway. He couldn't even turn his head in the actual suit. TBH, the Keaton suits are my favorites. The heavy leather cape really lends an air of intimidation. Sadly, I'd already had too much on my plate when these were released, and had to pass.

Edited by GU-11

Nice!

IIRC, the Keaton suits weren't really designed for dynamic movement anyway. He couldn't even turn his head in the actual suit. TBH, the Keaton suits are my favorites. The heavy leather cape really lends an air of intimidation. Sadly, I'd already had too much on my plate when these were released, and had to pass.

Yeah, but he could fight fairly well in them, so I hoped that it'd be able to do a good fighting pose. It's not the suit that seems to be the problem, either. The joints seem to be just a tad loose in the legs, he can stand unaided even posed but the joints just can't seem to hold more extreme poses. And he has a padded undersuit that seems to be a problem as well. I'm not cutting his suit apart to remove that though. Another issue is those dumb crotch hooks that HT use. A waist claw and/or flex stand would help alot.

Edited by thereal9thdoctor

Word of caution; don't use those crotch hooks on a rubber suit--should be okay for photos, but not for extended periods of time. I've seen pics of TDK suits with two rather embarrassing indents where the testicles would be.

BTW, if you have a TDK® Batman and a 1/6 scale Tumbler, resist the urge to place him in the driver's seat. The rubber material around the thighs will crease if you bend them too much. The Batman Begins fig is reportedly okay, but not the TDK ones.

Word of caution; don't use those crotch hooks on a rubber suit--should be okay for photos, but not for extended periods of time. I've seen pics of TDK suits with two rather embarrassing indents where the testicles would be.

BTW, if you have a TDK® Batman and a 1/6 scale Tumbler, resist the urge to place him in the driver's seat. The rubber material around the thighs will crease if you bend them too much. The Batman Begins fig is reportedly okay, but not the TDK ones.

I hate those crotch hooks, mainly cos as you see in the photos I like to have dynamic poses to my figures. ASAP I am getting a waist claw to replace it. Creasing the rubber isn't a thing for me unless that could damage it cos I am more concerned with a good pose. Unless as I said creasing will damage the rubber to the point of splitting. And the Keaton Batman is the only one I have or will have. I always liked his version of the character even if the movies are a bit meh.

Edited by thereal9thdoctor

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on the fence on getting a couple of figures because of HT's recent strategy of adding the suffix "DX" or "Die Cast" to products they've released before (since they don't seem to believe in reissuing).

Case in point: I own their old Robocop 3 figure (the one with the booster pack). For years that was the definitive Robo figure for me. Now they release the "Die Cast" which is obviously superior in many areas, and naturally I started doing my research to decide whether to get one or not. And then it hit me: HT can produce a new version any time with a new booster pack and even removable helmet (plus the big gun, interchangeable "Battle Damaged" chest plate and whatnot) and just rebrand it "DX" and you're stuck with another subpar Robo figure again. That happened to me with their T2 T-800. Another case is the new Boba Fett 1/6 figure (a figure you want to cash several times on if at all possible). The figure is great as it is, but for some odd reason it lacks the little light up chest thingie. A new version marked as "DX" could very well include that little feature plus an array of cool weapons, interchangeable cuffs to make it a ESB version and even a 1/6 Han Solo frozen in carbonite with lights!

Don't get me wrong: I've got nothing against a company improving on what they've already released, but this seems more like an strategy to milk popular characters without resorting to reissues, and it's getting to the point where I don't know if I should buy the toys in the first place.

Thoughts?

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Was going to buy the Hot Toys Black Panther, and still may but I couldn't resist and placed an order for the Movie Promo Edition of Captain America;

HT327.jpg

Was trying to get away from 6th scale figure collecting because it's SOOO expensive, but I couldn't resist.

-b.

Was trying to get away from 6th scale figure collecting because it's SOOO expensive, but I couldn't resist.

-b.

And...it gets more expensive if you want old shell-head to pose with Cap:

Civil-War-Iron-Man-Mark-46-Diecast-002.j

Civil-War-Iron-Man-Mark-46-Diecast-001.j

I just hope I have enough for this after paying for my diecast MK1 War Machine.

nice. i kinda like the look of this one. which other armors came out in diecast?

i only have III, IV, Whiplash II, and War Machine I, so i've been pondering on adding a diecast one (or a few ;) ) to my collection.

also curious which armors are faves of folks here.

The MK42, 45 and 46 were also diecast. I think they're gonna go with the diecast thing for a while, especially as an excuse to revisit older designs. I wouldn't mind picking up a diecast MK.VII myself.

Yeah, I like the look of the MK. 46 too. It's a refreshing look from the more blocky designs in IM3.

As for favorites, I gotta go with the MK.IX. It's got an uncharacteristic bulkiness around the legs that I really like. with the chest of the MK. VII, which is IMO one of the sexiest IM suit chest designs I've seen, barring the MK. 46.

Waiting for an exclusive version of the Iron Man Mark XLVI.

And yeah, I have to have one to go with Cap. Sigh

-b.

Sadly, I can't buy anything from the Sideshows site. It just won't ship to the country where I'm at. And my local hobby stores either don't or can't bring in exclusive versions.

Edited by GU-11

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Reposting here from my post in the HulkBuster toy thread. :)

Looks like Hot Toys figured out what King Arts did to their 1/9th scale HulkBuster so that they can apply it on their 1/6th scale figure. By doing so, moving their release date Q2 2017. Just in time for them to reveal their new bread & butter figures based on the new 2017 Marvel movies. The whole market are now saturated with Iron Man figures and no company is closing yet. ;)

hty01.jpg

hty02.jpg

hty03.jpg

hty04.jpg

hty05.jpg

More info on TagHobby.

This cannot be good for my wallet's health. Actually, it's probably financial cyanide. Definitely too rich for my blood, sadly--already preordered the MK.I War Machine and the CA Civil War MK. 46. But for those who can spare the cash, it's a good opportunity to get the mark 43 as well if they missed it.

This cannot be good for my wallet's health. Actually, it's probably financial cyanide. Definitely too rich for my blood, sadly--already preordered the MK.I War Machine and the CA Civil War MK. 46. But for those who can spare the cash, it's a good opportunity to get the mark 43 as well if they missed it.

If only it included Mark 43, I'd bite the ridiculous financial bullet for that, but Tag Hobby says it's not included. :(

I also want Iron Man Mark 46, I cancelled my preorder with Sideshow in anticipation of the Civil War armor. But I'm playing the waiting game on that one.

And I'm soooooo excited - my promo Captain America from Civil War will be shipping this Friday or very soon thereafter;

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-captain-america-battling-version-hot-toys-902703/

Happy, Happy!

-b.

If only it included Mark 43, I'd bite the ridiculous financial bullet for that, but Tag Hobby says it's not included. :(

I also want Iron Man Mark 46, I cancelled my preorder with Sideshow in anticipation of the Civil War armor. But I'm playing the waiting game on that one.

And I'm soooooo excited - my promo Captain America from Civil War will be shipping this Friday or very soon thereafter;

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-captain-america-battling-version-hot-toys-902703/

Happy, Happy!

-b.

D'oh, didn't notice that! :lol:

In that case, the only advantage this one has over this first version is if you already have the Mark 43. Actually, this new gimmick kind of works against itself, seeing as you're now left without a separate Mark 43 to display when you've got it "Russian dolled" into the Hulkbuster. In that sense, the first version HB gives more bang for your buck.

I was never into Captain America, but that is one awesome fig. B))

In that case, the only advantage this one has over this first version is if you already have the Mark 43. Actually, this new gimmick kind of works against itself, seeing as you're now left without a separate Mark 43 to display when you've got it "Russian dolled" into the Hulkbuster. In that sense, the first version HB gives more bang for your buck.

All good! Really would have been awesome for them included a Mark 43, especially at $ 800+ but no joy.

And I feel/felt exactly the same about Captain America as a character that figure looks so cool, and while pricey, it wasn't Iron Man armor pricey so I bit the bullet.

-b.

All good! Really would have been awesome for them included a Mark 43, especially at $ 800+ but no joy.

And I feel/felt exactly the same about Captain America as a character that figure looks so cool, and while pricey, it wasn't Iron Man armor pricey so I bit the bullet.

-b.

Truth be told, I'm also tempted to order Cap, if only to pose him fighting Tony in his Mark 46 suit. Thing is, I'd then have to get the Winter Soldier as well if and when that comes out, and I literally can't afford to open that can of Pringles. These IM suits are already brutal enough to my wallet as it is. Believe it or not, I held out on buying an Iron Man fig for 8 whole years since HT released the first MK.III, knowing it's basically collector's quicksand.

I hate being right, in this particular case. :lol:

No love for Batman or any of the other SDCC Exclusives?

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/knightmare-batman-hot-toys-902770/

dc-comics-bvs-knightmare-batman-sixth-sc

The Iron Man Mark 27 armor is a little uninspired in my opinion, it makes me wish I'd never sold my Midas and purchased the Stealth Armor (http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-vii-stealth-mode-version-hot-toys-902356/) that came out last year - those were excellent releases, exclusive or not.

-b.

To be honest, I'm not a fan of the "Batfleck" suit's aesthetic--just something about the texture that I don't like. But then, I haven't watched BvS, so I might well change my mind after watching it. That said, this Knightmare fig is something I might actually put down some money for if it weren't a toy fair exclusive.

IMO the Mark 27's colors are just fugly. I personally think the Stealth Armor has the best color scheme of all the MK.VII repaints.

from Hot Toys website:

Today we are pleased to announce the Hot Toys 1/6th scale Hulkbuster collectible figure is getting revamped with further highly movie-accurate features and designs, including fans’ highly desired feature to put in Hot Toys 1/6th scale Mark XLIII collectible figure (not included) inside the Hulkbuster after removing the included Mark XLIII upper body;

i take this to mean that this new version will still come with an XLIII bust/upper body (just like the first version), but if one now chooses to put in a full-body XLIII then the new version design makes it possible.

i don't particularly like the XLIII so i'm definitely not getting one to pair with this HB. i wonder though if other armors will fit inside.

i lost out bidding for a rare Sheryl figure, so i suppose i'll have funds for this.

from Hot Toys website:

i take this to mean that this new version will still come with an XLIII bust/upper body (just like the first version), but if one now chooses to put in a full-body XLIII then the new version design makes it possible.

i don't particularly like the XLIII so i'm definitely not getting one to pair with this HB. i wonder though if other armors will fit inside.

i lost out bidding for a rare Sheryl figure, so i suppose i'll have funds for this.

Thanks for the heads up, Major! Nice to see that HT is actually including the bust with this new one. Not that I can afford it though, what with 2 expensive pre-orders lined up already.

On a related note, I noticed that once again, they either didn't bother or just forgot to include the left forearm with the "rings" on them--the one used to trap the Hulk's arm. At the price they're asking for, an extra swappable forearm isn't that much to ask for, especially given the HB's rather sparse accessories.

Edited by GU-11

btw anyone have recommended online retailers for hottoys? thanks a bunch...

I bought most of my 1/6th scale figs from BBTS. Great service and customer service. But from what I've heard, it's better to use SideshowToys if you're into 1/6th scale collecting esp Hot Toys, since you can use their point systems. Though you need to pay $50, I believe for placing preorders. But if you're just buying selective figures, then I suggest to use BBTS instead.

I bought most of my 1/6th scale figs from BBTS. Great service and customer service. But from what I've heard, it's better to use SideshowToys if you're into 1/6th scale collecting esp Hot Toys, since you can use their point systems. Though you need to pay $50, I believe for placing preorders. But if you're just buying selective figures, then I suggest to use BBTS instead.

Oh yes forgot abt em, been chasing bandai releases a while. I remember they were the natural choice when it came to hot toys.

It always made me wonder tho, that hot toys are based in HK. So, it would have made sense to have some HK online retailers offering competitively priced hot toys.

But my search on those have been confusing and those i found the prices arent that competitively priced...

Thanks for the reminder on the shops noel. Now to see if i can get myself to put down for that upcoming HB... :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...