Bleach Discussion Thread

grss1982

Hello fellow MWorlders, :)

I was just wondering whose currently watching this title, I've tried the search function, but I found out that there is'nt much comment about this anime [or maybe MWorlders are'nt interested in this anime, because it comes from the same people that gave us NARUTO?] I've only read about the anime being mentioned in other threads, but no one elaborates on BLEACH itself.

So I was wondering who's into this anime? To tell u guys and gals the truth after GSD left a bad taste in my mouth, I tried to look at other anime especially this one, becasue my sister kept nagging about how cool BLEACH is. So after immersing myself in Char's Counter Attack SmileMacross.gif and MSG: 8th MS Team, SmileMacross.gif I went ahead and watched BLEACH. :ph34r:

AND so far I've seen the latest episode and it seems to be very good. Episode 58 and 59 for me especially ROCKS!!! ;) HINT: nice icon38.gif scenes!!!!!

EDIT:

Oh yeah, another thing, the first 50 episodes seems to have a killer Intro song, IMHO. B)) Take a look at my sig if you want to listen to them. :D

BTW, Please don't spoil it for some of us by mentioning something in the MANGA that has'nt been mentioned or revealed in the ANIME. :rolleyes:

EDIT AGAIN:

BTW, since we dont have spoilers tag lets use quote and color tags instead.

for quote put "SPOILERS........"

for color use white

example:

TEST MIKE!!!

OR REFER to POST#9

AGAIN, Lets not spoil it for other MWers, guys and gals.

Edited by grss1982

Dang , aaajin beat me to it. :lol:

Being a shonen anime it´s actually quite entertaining , yes , the protagonist gets stronger and stronger by episode , but that´s the point , well at least it hasn´t gone the Naruto or DBZ way yet since at least it still has a plot to follow.

Anyway , it really gets your attention , it´s like FMP without mechas but with katanas , lotsa humor , action and drama.

I reccomend it highly

Edited by Aegis!

I watch the anime... I read the manga as well...and all I could say is that...

the series ROCKS!

especially when dark Ichigo appears in eps 59...kewl

aaajin

347909[/snapback]

Warning Spoilers!!!! B))

Actually the series rocked at episode 58. Why? :unsure: Because somone gets pwned :ph34r: Just loved his reaction on this one. :D Actualy this pic screams pwnage like "Teh Shatner" pic from before. :p

AND ALSO because of someone's uber and insane moves after BANKAI!:

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/6656/untitled37jg7mi.gif

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/3567/ichigo60cb3hm.gif

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/5682/ichigo46up2ma.gif

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/7373/stab9no1vj.gif

Although i have to give it to episode 59 for showing us this:

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/6170/36ff1jm.gif

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/3908/44kn4vl.gif

Edited by grss1982

I personally started with the manga, heard that the anime was following the manga and downloaded like episode 3 or 5. I completely LOVE the intros and closings! They really fit the anime well.

And if you think the OWNAGE stops at 59-60, just wait till it gets into the 70's! Because if you remember a certain shinagami doesn't really show any skillz before it hits the fan for them. *wink* :p:lol: Think again! That scene it gonna be awsome if they spend the time on it!!! ;)

Been watching this since it started and I don;t usualy like this sort of show.  :D

347946[/snapback]

Ditto

I like the humor, not to mention it has 'some' ability to create a feeling of tension and danger

unlike DBz which I feel is close to absurd

introduced a DBZ-fan friend to Bleach, loved it he watched 40 eps in 3 days, so he could to catch up

SPOILER for episode 58:

A poster from Random Curiosity commented about the Swastika like hilt guard on Ichigo's Bankai in episode 58. Here was he had to say:

And not sure if anyone else noticed, but if you look closely at the hilt guard of Ichigo’s soul slayer you’ll notice a loose Swastika design. And before anybody goes all “OMG Nazi Anti-semitism11!!1″ , read below, which has been copied from Wikipedia:

The swastika used in Buddhist art and scripture is known in Japanese as a manji, and represents Dharma, universal harmony, and the balance of opposites. When facing left, it is the omote (front) manji, representing love and mercy. Facing right, it represents strength and intelligence, and is called the ura (rear) manji. Balanced manji are often found at the beginning and end of Buddhist scriptures (outside India).

I may be going a bit overboard, but when you think about it, when Ichigo points his soul slayer at an enemy, the side facing him, defines aspects of his personality (love and mercy) but the side towards his opponent acts like a warning, (strength and intelligence). ……maybe not intelligence (though Ichigo does get good grades)

I thought that was pretty cool, anyone else think I’m on to something or am I just crazy?

FROM: http://randomc.animeblogger.net/?p=413&cp=2#comments

I personally started with the manga, heard that the anime was following the manga and downloaded like episode 3 or 5. I completely LOVE the intros and closings! They really fit the anime well.

And if you think the OWNAGE stops at 59-60, just wait till it gets into the 70's! Because if you remember a certain shinagami doesn't really show any skillz before it hits the fan for them. *wink*  :p  :lol: Think again! That scene it gonna be awsome if they spend the time on it!!!  ;)

347993[/snapback]

You must mean those intros in my sig. :D

Edited by grss1982

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw Episode 60 today. And I only got one thing to say: "He's BACK!"

Man, hearing Capt. Aizen say "Sayonara" and then stabbing Hinamori at the same time gives me the creeps. Must me that calm voice.

With regards to the short fight between Hitsugaya and Aizen, it seems we get a better visual explanation of Aizen's Zanpoktou's (check spelling) ability.

Capt. Tousen (the blind black dude and friend of the wolf headed Capt.) is finally revealed to be one of Aizen's henchmen.

The episode ends in a cliffhanger, with Aizen shocking the hell out of Abarai Renji by appearing before him and saying that he leave Kuchiki Rukia. Oh yeah there back at the execution hill, BTW.

My comments:

I though this episode would end the Soul Society Arc, but i guessed wrong. Looks like we might go up to 63-65 before the arc is finally over.

Edited by grss1982

Real funny series with good action, characters and a nice plot (I specially liked episode 33). I’ll keep on seeing it if continues this way.

BTW, what fansub do you people follow?

350420[/snapback]

a combination of DB and lunar, but most of what i have is DB, since lunar takes too long.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmm, seems like nobody else is wathcing this series! :huh:

ANYWAY, Just watch Episode 61 and all I wanted to say:

[quote name=WARNING SPOILERS Open teh Links at your own risk!! I MEAN IT!! :angry: ]WTF!? Aizen stops Ichigo's attack (Bankai) with his fricking finger!

4 Image Clip:

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/6695/bscap0028wr.jpg

http://img461.imageshack.us/img461/1148/bscap0030zk.jpg

http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/9458/bscap0046pi.jpg

http://img458.imageshack.us/img458/123/bscap0056nh.jpg

On the bright side its finally been revealed who was responsible for some of the incidents in Soul Society. Questions like:

Who sent/created the Hollow that destroys a Zanpaktou when it comes in contact with it?

Who sent/created those Hollows who could hide their reitsu?

Who decimated the central 46 comittee?

ANSWER: Aizen Souske

BTW, IIRC Aizen is ONLY using his Shikai and Kidou spells and not his BANKAI  :ph34r:  in fighting Ichigo and Renji!!!  This really makes you kinda wonder how strong and deadly he is if he finally uses BANKAI.  :ph34r:

On another note from what Aizen has revealed, it seems he has been ploting this conspiracy way waaaaaay before he bacame a Captain.

The cliffhanger ending of this episode was quite cool too. With the wolf headed captain appearing behind aizen shouting his name then BAM!!!!!!!! to be continued.......

Who the Hell is this GUY, kidding? Is he really that strong?

PS: he's already used his Bankai. ;)

354396[/snapback]

:blink:

actually if your talking about AIZEN, he has'nt used his bankai. What his using against Ichigo and Renji is Shikai/Zanpoktou only. :ph34r: According to another forum, the manga, which is quite ahead of the anime, has'nt even revealed what his (aizen's) bankai is. :o

BTW Merry X'mas & a Hapy New Year!!! ;)

Edited by grss1982

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have seen so far eps 1-26...I really enjoy the series. Characters are very well done and the story so far is great. I'll be watching 27-60 soon so I won't be able to comment on this ownage your all talking about, but considering where Ichigo and crew are now I can imagine its an all out throw down.

It has elements of DBZ, however unlike DBZ an episode is not wasted with the two opponents staring at each other and talking smack the entire time.

I hope that Ichida gets a bit more serious. His character was introduced as this serious bad ass but he's become somewhat a comic relief type.

Well I have seen so far eps 1-26...I really enjoy the series. Characters are very well done and the story so far is great. I'll be watching 27-60 soon so I won't be able to comment on this ownage your all talking about, but considering where Ichigo and crew are now I can imagine its an all out throw down.

It has elements of DBZ, however unlike DBZ an episode is not wasted with the two opponents staring at each other and talking smack the entire time.

I hope that Ichida gets a bit more serious. His character was introduced as this serious bad ass but he's become somewhat a comic relief type.

356777[/snapback]

Hope u enjoy watching. Its gonna be pretty interesting from 27 onwards. ;)

:angry:

Got home and my folder contained 4GB of junk...unplayable files... <_<

animesuki was my source, any other places I may find a package dl or do I have to suck it up and get them one by one?

357720[/snapback]

Anime Suki doesn't actually host the files. They just provide links.

:angry:

Got home and my folder contained 4GB of junk...unplayable files... <_<

animesuki was my source, any other places I may find a package dl or do I have to suck it up and get them one by one?

357720[/snapback]

Sorry can't help u there. :(

I use direct download websites, since the first episode. :ph34r:

Trust me, I dl'ed all the updates for Win MP, DivX, Quicktime, and even my DVD player. All still gave me the same result:

invalid file format, no avi detected, etc, etc...either way its a mute point now, I deleted the files completly. Gonna just grab them individually.