HG and Robotech Debates

Also, did anyone know that the company that made this new documentary also worked on the Shadow Chronicles featurette Birth of a Sequel?

Stillborn, AFAIC... -_-

We Southern Cross fans have the meme-tastic Lana Isavia kit and its optional chest plate to cherish forever.

i found one of those, unbuilt, at a thrift, about ten years ago. coincidentally, there was also an unbuilt copy of the old 1/100 ARII VF-1J GERWALK Hikaru T.V.

AS WELL as a sealed copy of the 1986 blister-packed VHS edition of the original FHE ROBOTECH Video release "BOOBYTRAP" Vol.1/Ep.1, to be exact.

i had bought them all, and built up (rather poorly) the Lana and VF-1J.

the 1J is long gone, the Lana i still have put away somewhere, and, as for the VHS cassette;

HR-S8000UJOHN10-19-11.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

speaking of, i just saw the A&E set at my local COSTCO WHOLESALE today for $49.99 a copy.

13 or so discs, IIRC, crammed into four standard size DVD cases and nested in a flimsy cardstock slipcase.

all in all, a FAR cry from the quality of the last ADV complete collection.

-- LOOK UP- LOOK UP-LOOK-UP, THE SKY IS FALLING!!! -Yellow Belmont --

Yeah, FALLING on HG, one can only hope... <_<

Edited by Shaorin

Gee, MAV's going to review the A&E Robotech set. We all know how that's going to turn out!

Idiots should not be allowed to give reviews of anything, and should get an instant banhammer when they do. I'm almost willing to bet hat 90% of the review will be stuff that's already been said by, I don't know, EVERYBODY. 9% will probably be fanwank and fluff, and 1% will most likely be predictions, something like how A&E is so cutting edge because they put Robotech on DVD, and how they are on top of the entertainment industry, and how everyone should be quaking in their boots because they have a re-re-re-release of a 26 year old cartoon.

Next they could add on Bubblegum Crisis. No, too many girls. I got it. How about Metal Skin Panic MADOX-01? It could be the MODAT-6, a Veritech Cyclone created by Dr. Lang and powered by Opteran marijuana.

Well, considering they already have rights to Mospeada, picking up a 25 year old OVA couldn't have cost them much. Adding in any other full series, classic or otherwise would definately blow their budget.

WHAT final battle in LLA...?

There are only a few "new" scenes in the OVA...Yellow riding his bike around. Sorji back home drinking coffee. A concert scene. And interview with Yellow. And the cast sleeping outdoors.

Not the most dramatic stuff.

I was talking about the flashback of the final battle with the Inbit, was it changed to show the scenes in SC over the original material.

I was talking about the flashback of the final battle with the Inbit, was it changed to show the scenes in SC over the original material.

That was series footage in LLA, from the sounds of this they won't be using any of that. Just the limited new concert footage, Yellow riding his motorcycle footage, and if they really want to mindf^ck the fanbase, the camping footage that doesn't fit in with what was shown in TSC at all.

Edited by Keith

That was series footage in LLA, from the sounds of this they won't be using any of that. Just the limited new concert footage, Yellow riding his motorcycle footage, and if they really want to mindf^ck the fanbase, the camping footage that doesn't fit in with what was shown in TSC at all.

Yeah...figures...

Are any of you buying that A&E travesty?

Be honest.

No, and at first, I was thinking, if it had the original sound effects, I would have. Then, after all the B.S. with blacklisting Michael Bradley, and the seeming refusal to include him in the documentary, I wouldn't even buy it in that case. As a matter of fact, I'm not ever going to buy a single thing from that franchise until that gets fixed (even then, if the product sucks, still not going to buy it).

Edited by Jasonc

Ok, first of all I want to make an apology for making a post in this thread less than 20 mins since my last but something just occurred to me. If Lucasfilm flaunted Luke Skywalker in front of the fanboys and really not doing much with it like how HG is doing with Rick Hunter, would Star Wars still be laughed at as much? :D *Aside from the special edition jokes*

Ok, first of all I want to make an apology for making a post in this thread less than 20 mins since my last but something just occurred to me. If Lucasfilm flaunted Luke Skywalker in front of the fanboys and really not doing much with it like how HG is doing with Rick Hunter, would Star Wars still be laughed at as much? :D *Aside from the special edition jokes*

Remember, rather than Rick Hunter, HG flaunts Tommy Yune's "Rick Hunter" these days. There's a huge difference, young and old version included.

So anyway, HG treated Michael Bradley worse than Michael Bay treated Stan Bush in the Transformers films? :huh:

Edited by Einherjar

Sup, don't know if this has been posted yet:

http://www.fandompost.com/2011/10/18/carl-maceks-robotech-universe-event-thoughts/

Some choice quotes:

The documentary itself, comprised of old footage, photographs, and interviews with scenes from Robotech interspersed throughout, lasts approximately thirty minutes.
While plans for a live action Robotech film have been in the works for some time, Harmony Gold has another project, initiated by Macek, that is a little more retro. Apparently, they have unused footage of Yellow Dancer/Lancer from the New Generation arc, and their intent is to edit it and put it out to the fans. Sure, it’s 80-style animation, but for the die-hard Robotech fan, it’s something exciting to look forward to.

After several months, my opinion still stands.

Fuuuuuuuuuuu----

Are you suggesting that Rick Hunter's dad turned to the darkside of the Protoculture and became Jonothan Wolf? BRILLIANT!!

Jonathan Wolf: Roy never told you what happened to your father did he?

Rick Hunter: He told me enough, he told me you killed him.

Jonathan Wolf: I am your father!'

Rick Hunter: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! That's not true, THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!

Roy: There is another....

Edwards: If Rick Hunter won't be turned to the Darkside...

Jonathan Wolf: Your feelings betray you and your...brother.

Scott Bernard: Somehow I've known, somehow I've always known...

Edited by Keith

It's been posted in several media sites over the past few years, that Harmony Gold haven't been very nice to Michael. It's been on Myspace, briefly talked about on Facebook https://www.facebook...s/187067344377/, and has been discussed by several fans who hang around the "Robotech" groups long enough. There were serious issues with Michael just being able to be able to put out his own CDs with the music he wrote because HG had such a strangle hold on the songs.

Lately, this documentary that is on this A&E Robotech set has come and gone, and Michael was never asked to take part of any of it. Oddly, Carl's last day on this earth was on his way to see Michael's band perform, as he wanted to see Michael and hadn't done so in some time. Then, this side project has been talked about for over a year, and HG has known they were going to use LLA over that time. A story that focuses around a character that Michael Bradley helped make popular through his great music, and there's been nothing. You can also find a good synopsis of the basics on the rtx.com website, and of course, on the facebook link. I don't want to get into details about all of it, and I'm not the one to really talk about it, but like the mentioning of this RT project being LLA about a year ago, trust me on this.

This stuff is why even if HG put out a good product, I'm not buying anything. For all I care, they can suck it until they rectify the issues they've caused. Michael has been there in the beginning of Robotech. Like I've said, whether you hate Robotech, or like it, or are indifferent, to treat someone who has done that much for that franchise, and truly loves the work he did for it, is just wrong.

Edited by Jasonc

Is HG calling LLA, "unused footage" or is that from the Fandom Post article's writer? Cuz if it's HG calling it that, then they really deserve nothing but ridicule for this "side-project".