Thunder Hammer

EXO

<slap>

Dude, this piece is flawless. There is nothing, and I mean nothing incorrect about this incredible custom. Nick's beautiful pics express it all in every imaginable splendor.

Exo, congrats and thank you on keeping the 1/48 alive and kicking ass.

Screw the 1/60 VF-1....

Seriously Exo, I'd give a hefty chunk of cash to own this bad-boy. Is there anyway to get this recast or is it in large un-recastable parts? Talk to the FX guy and see if there is anyway to make this happen. I am sure there are people on these boards, that would put down some serious bank without quetion, just to own this work of rare art..

I blame EXO.

Yeah man i hear ya, screw the new 1/60 line!!!

Ok - don't pummel me with your thundering hammers MacrossWorld friends but...

While I truly do appreciate how amazingly difficult this kind of custom was to produce...

I am underwelmed - I just don't find the thunderhammer armor to be appealing on a design level.

So props for a great job - but I'm not drooling...

VFTF1

Yeah, why don't they do some non-caonon stuff for the 1/48's.

I gotta get this off my chest, isn't this worrying for Yamato with all this cool stuff coming out (T/Hammer) and speculation

of Yamato bringing out the 2 seaters (NMB4M's creation) for the 1/48's, doesn't this steal the 'thunder' (lol) of the new 1/60's??

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

<slap>

Dude, this piece is flawless. There is nothing, and I mean nothing incorrect about this incredible custom. Nick's beautiful pics express it all in every imaginable splendor.

Exo, congrats and thank you on keeping the 1/48 alive and kicking ass.

Screw the 1/60 VF-1....

Seriously Exo, I'd give a hefty chunk of cash to own this bad-boy. Is there anyway to get this recast or is it in large un-recastable parts? Talk to the FX guy and see if there is anyway to make this happen. I am sure there are people on these boards, that would put down some serious bank without quetion, just to own this work of rare art..

I blame EXO.

Actually there's a flaw with this piece and its the naming of this thread. Its Thunder HUMMER not hammer. :p

But otherwise....nice to see it actually got completed and looks impressive! Now, EXO, ask your friend to do the Armored Gerwalk and I caqn die and say "i've seen everything".

Fantastic Job EXO!!

I'm not even a fan of this design - but its so well executed and beautifully photographed too - that I can't help but admire it. I'm glad someone took it seriously.

keep up the great works!

Well guys im glad you enjoyed my pictures. Unfortunately shooting it is the closest I will be to owning one. We were all at Hirohawa's house as he just finished the valk. The grey really makes the armor pop. It is a shame you guys could not see what was in the viewfinder. The pictures hardly express the awesomeness we saw thru the viewfinder, let alone getting a chance to not only see but to handle the Thunder Hammer in person.

In regards to the "Thunder Hummer" this is artistic license. As we all well know, the japanese do have some issues with proof reading their translations. I believe the GBP has always had the knick-name Thunder Hammer. also if you look at the decals it is a lightning bolt and a HAMMER not a hummer. so it only stand to reason that it is supposed to be Hammer.

The hands are recasts of EternalD's hands. He made these before the 1/48 GBP came out with their hands.

Here is a pic of it with the hatches closed. Yes the kneecap was not postioned in place properly. oh well deal with it. I got to play with the thunderhammer so nah nah haha.

img1054rz8.jpg

Edited by Solscud007

SWEEETTTTTTTTTTTT

Props to you guys and the prop company for doing such fantastic work. You can really see the high level of craftsmanship and the shaky but steady hands that did all the fine detailing.

damn sexy beauty shots, lol.

Now go show em off on a Japanese forum =D

It's so freaking gorgeous it's sick. The TH looks great, but I think the custom valk really adds to the whole display too.

Like everyone else, I want one, but I can't imagine that it'd be easy to recast....or cheap. Aw screw it, make it happen! I'll buy it.

Thanks for all the comments. Yeah, thanks for Eternal D for the hands and fulcy for the magazine scans and head lasers. So much of MW in this piece. This was meant as a one off just for me but when the initial pic was found by someone on this board, I was inundated with PMs about getting recasts. So, I talked to the guy about getting it recasted. At first it was a flat out no. Too many parts, some can't be recasted, complicated molds yadda yadda yadda... If it gets replicated it won't be a simple recast but part recast and part reproduction. He's wiling to do it but he said he'll only do one mold of it. Once that's done then he won't be doing it again. I made a list of the people that initially wanted it and they're in line to get it. PM me if you want in, but get ready to change your mind quick.

I'm away on locations, so I haven't seen the final piece myself. Lucky hirohawa gets to handle my Thunder Hammer oh so very lovingly for a little longer.

made a list of the people that initially wanted it and they're in line to get it. PM me if you want in, but get ready to change your mind quick.

I'm away on locations, so I haven't seen the final piece myself. Lucky hirohawa gets to handle my Thunder Hammer oh so very lovingly for a little longer.

Sounds....like it will cost a nuke....i want in...but i have a feeling i can't afford it.

I made a list of the people that initially wanted it and they're in line to get it. PM me if you want in, but get ready to change your mind quick.

Just out of curiosity, what will it cost?

Ok - don't pummel me with your thundering hammers MacrossWorld friends but...

While I truly do appreciate how amazingly difficult this kind of custom was to produce...

I am underwelmed - I just don't find the thunderhammer armor to be appealing on a design level.

So props for a great job - but I'm not drooling...

VFTF1

probably the one and only...

that thing is amazing...this is the best custom I have ever seen.

Thanks for all the comments. Yeah, thanks for Eternal D for the hands and fulcy for the magazine scans and head lasers. So much of MW in this piece. This was meant as a one off just for me but when the initial pic was found by someone on this board, I was inundated with PMs about getting recasts. So, I talked to the guy about getting it recasted. At first it was a flat out no. Too many parts, some can't be recasted, complicated molds yadda yadda yadda... If it gets replicated it won't be a simple recast but part recast and part reproduction. He's wiling to do it but he said he'll only do one mold of it. Once that's done then he won't be doing it again. I made a list of the people that initially wanted it and they're in line to get it. PM me if you want in, but get ready to change your mind quick.

I'll bet you like hirohawa handling your thunder hammer... :lol:

so ya what's the cost?? with only one run of these...I'm definitely going to get one...