Yamato 1/60 VF-19S/F/P - All Variants

charger69

If they do it I wonder if they'll do that underarm accessory we see in the anime? I would rather that then the fold booster to be honest.

If they ever made that arm attachment - it'd have to deviate from the anime accuracy (for it fit on the existing - or future - fore-arm section) - as the missiles and beam weaponry it produces simply wouldn't fit inside the FAST pack-coloured compartments - in the anime it looks like those weapon components are actually inside the '19's fore-arm. So if Yamato made the attachment, it'd mean a spare fore-arm at least.

Exhibit A;

35d2uk6.jpg

how about they make the arm detachable and have a fully functional weapon arm that swaps in it's place. (Because that seams like what is happening in the anime itself.)

Based on the YF-19 exploding joints thread I think there might be some traumatic memories if they went that route! :D

Graham would Yamato be able to repaint the VF-19F in any of the military paint schemes shown in the Master Files book?

These will probably sell more. Stealth and low-vis variants are evidence. :)

Edited by Omegablue

Good call. I like the blue better in these shots, and the overall sculpt is smoother. From what I could decipher from the translation it seems this is a painted plastic prototype, whereas the other shots were of a painted resin prototype. Anyway I'm loving how sleek it looks, I still wish the head lasers were grey though.

I'm loving that sticker sheet too. They included the schematic drawings from the Master File and the Emerald Force logo as well, pretty sweet. Looks like the F is coming next year. Can't wait. No mention of the P though..

I still wish the head lasers were grey though.

I don't know what sort of a grey you were picturing but I think you're right that the bright white is the weakest link on the fighter. That blue is gorgeous and the yellow is matched really well with it. Better than I thought it would be. But the white makes the head look a little too cheap-toy-like.

There's an eyecatch with Docker where you get a really detailed look at the 19S' head. It's a lightish grey that really makes the details pop. I'll see if I can find it.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_wbtAPSS0-lE/TMLMPAzoLOI/AAAAAAAABEU/9UW_IEd_WbI/s1600/24582_20100528185507_4f37bb41ecb2a594011680a9ff4cc642.jpg

I would have posted the picture, but I don't think I can do it on my iPhone. Anyways, I have to agree. It looks much better with the grey.

Edited by Old Man

Ok, I might have to get this one too. That blue is awesome. Makes the yellow actually look good. Might have to put in a preorder today.

Looking at the sticker sheet though, I'm having a thought. They didn't include the zig-zaggy leg markings it looks like, but they added stickers for the wing/fuselage stripes... if they include white ones of those stickers on the F, I might be tempted to try kitbashing a red/white VF-19 out of a second Fire Valk, and make myself M&M VF-19s. ^_^

I love that it comes with stickers of the fighter mode so you can have small pictures of the VF-19 all over your VF-19. :lol:

I guess the stickers of the fighter mode and the ones of Macross7 could be useful for something like customizing the stand... Not saying I'd do anything like that though... :p

Yes I would like to see metallic looking head laser. Make it a bright grey or something I think. Or just make it the same colour as VF-1S head laser.

here is the only problem:

vf-19f-battroid_small.gif

if they did it then it wouldn't fit the theme of the other guys in the team who have white bits near grey bits.If you also made the head laser grey for these guys too, then it wouldn't stand out as much because there are other parts that are grey next to it. So maybe yamato can let us swap colours? Have 2 types: grey and white?

This and the VF-11 with its armour and massive gunpod are my two fave mechs in macross 7.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is relavent or not, but you Yamato potentially be able to do the

SMS Fast Packs featured for the YF-19 as seen in the second macross frontier movie? I thought they were actually really cool, and

a LOT better than the traditional macross plus fast packs....

For the inevitable V.3 YF-19?

Well, I guess Yamato would need the MFrontier rights... <_<

I was thinking about that, but would they? It would be weird if Bandai got rights to

the YF-19 and whatnot simply because it showed up in the second movie. Do licenses apply to armor configurations and whatnot too?

I think it would be pretty awesome and hilarious if Yamato waited to start working on designing a v.3 YF-19 until after Bandai releases the super parts for the renewal version VF-25's so that they could engineer the YF-19 to be compatible with the Bandai set as a secret unspoken feature.