DX Chogokin VF-27ß Lucifer Mass Production and Grace Custom

IXTL

Really? Man, I totally missed that. All this time I thought it was there to show the "what it would look like to the cyborg pilot" view of things. And honestly, all those sequences didn't make a lot of sense to me. Brera has a flight suit/No, he doesn't. Brera can see out his cockpit because the canopy is transparent/Cockpit is completely covered. It was confusing and I just chose to view it as "what it looks like to him" vs reality.

Yes, I think that's what happens. Brera can "see" through the armored canopy because as a cyborg he's directly wired into the 27's sensors. That's a CG representation of the outside. When he breaks contact, he loses that ability, so the armor comes off and he's back to using the Mk 1 eyeball.

I just saw it as ripping out the implant also made him lose his mind link to the VF so he had to eject the armored canopy to see.

Me too, I thought he had shifted to manual.

Yes, I think that's what happens. Brera can "see" through the armored canopy because as a cyborg he's directly wired into the 27's sensors. That's a CG representation of the outside. When he breaks contact, he loses that ability, so the armor comes off and he's back to using the Mk 1 eyeball.

This was exactly how I interpreted it as well. It was also a nice visual punctuation to him being "free". Made for a bigger gesture to have his canopy eject over just pulling the implant out.

Looks like my hopes for a squad are ruined if they all have the 302 tampo printed on :(

I might have a couple for sale in the near future if that's the case. I am not sure if there will be a way to hide it in a display set up.

I think the V1 is on the left and the newer one on the right:

CNbOdyLUEAAhRKW.jpgCNbOd1aUkAEAJu0.jpg

From https://twitter.com/ELS00QANT1

I like the shade of green they picked for the new one a lot more too. So it looks like the modex numbers are stickers like in the first release? They don't look tampo printed to me, which would make sense given that you're given a choice between heads.

I like the shade of green they picked for the new one a lot more too. So it looks like the modex numbers are stickers like in the first release? They don't look tampo printed to me, which would make sense given that you're given a choice between heads.

Great! I hope this is true.. I could not tell if they were stickers or not, the pic is kinds smaller and grainy. I did not buy the version 1, as I avoided all Bandai Frontier stuff back then until the renewals.

Edited by Loop

Does this include the clear canopy? I kinda remember the clear canopy being part of the super part tray on Brera's unit, so I was wondering if the CF27 actually comes with it or if that guy just got it from his Brera and placed it on the CF.

Pretty sure it does. Then again, I can't make sense of the translation from the tweet the pics came from.

"ザ・カラバリだけど透明キャノピーにすると印象が変わりますな" put through the translator says "Is it will change the impression when the transparent canopy It 's The Bali".

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Holy crap, my 27 just showed up! From Osaka to Virginia in 2 days! EMS is no joke this week!

Huh. Plain brown Tamashii shipper box AND a full color inner box. Nice.

post-324-0-86158000-1440870053_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sildani

There she is... my pretty girl.

Also included is a sticker sheet for different modex numbers. Unfortunately, your only choices are 102 and 302.

I can confirm the clear green canopy is included. Also, the horned head is attached out of the box, the normal head is in a Baggie. Head lasers are hard plastic, no rubber ones are included.

Perfect paint on mine! A little disappointed there's no turbine detail. But loving her anyway!

EDIT: My prayers were answered! She comes with two pilots; one generic one in a Baggie, and one installed in the cockpit! Aaaand... it's Grace!

post-324-0-25474800-1440874385_thumb.jpg

post-324-0-78616600-1440874699_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sildani

Holy crap, my 27 just showed up! From Osaka to Virginia in 2 days! EMS is no joke this week!

Huh. Plain brown Tamashii shipper box AND a full color inner box. Nice.

2 days? They strap a fold booster onto yours? :blink:

Congrats!

Man, how the heck? I assume that NY shipped these around the same time. Mine's still stuck in Osaka since the 27th with "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment".

Mine is the same as yours MJ, "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment" since the 27th. :unsure:

There she is... my pretty girl.

Also included is a sticker sheet for different modex numbers. Unfortunately, your only choices are 102 and 302.

I can confirm the clear green canopy is included. Also, the horned head is attached out of the box, the normal head is in a Baggie. Head lasers are hard plastic, no rubber ones are included.

Perfect paint on mine! A little disappointed there's no turbine detail. But loving her anyway!

EDIT: My prayers were answered! She comes with two pilots; one generic one in a Baggie, and one installed in the cockpit! Aaaand... it's Grace!

Looks great, please post more pics! I guess I'll not be using the modex numbers, it will be the unknown VF-27 pilot.

Edited by Saburo

Sucks we only get 2 modex number sets. I will probably leave them off except maybe Grace.

Cut up the numbers and you can have a mix of 0,1,2, and 3 in any order you want ;)

Are they stickers or waterslide decals?

They look like stickers to me. First version also came with stickers.

and come with superparts?

No super parts or it would have been more expensive. Would have cost at least as much as the Brera release.

Yes, they're stickers. More pics on Monday, probably.

NO super parts. Wouldn't surprise me to hear Bandai put a super part/fold booster box set together in the near future.