Bandai VF-19 Advance....!!!

Scream Man

I was referring to the mechanism the Yamato VF-19/Arcadia YF-19 uses to bring the spine and upper torso up and over the cockpit block. The Bandai uses a similar extending mechanism to the Yamato YF-19, only better engineered and die-cast.

Sorry about that. Thought it was the leg colapsible cover. :lol: By the way, the whole back/spine of Arcadia's YF-19 were diecast. Whereas on the Bandai, like the bottom part that connects to the waist joint is only the diecast. But the one that connects to the chest/upper body is plastic. ;)

That triple hinge and the gap on top of the chest right above the nose cone on the Yamato/Arcadia 19s are my main gripes. and probably the ankle ball joints. Still cant wait to get the VF-19 Kai.

There is supposed to be a small gap on the chest in battroid mode, I saw it in the Anime.

Grabbed this image online it shows the chest gap

Macross_Plus_chest_gap1_zpsv2kxbggl.jpg

This image I took myself and it shows the chest gap and how the shoulder parts are supposed to look. The Bandai parts hang way off of the connection point.

Macross_Plus_chest_gap2_zpsl3b3gobg.jpg

By looking at these two photos I also noticed that the cream color is richer during sunset, but the daylight photo makes it look more like an off white/beige, I think this is why Yamato (and Arcadia) lightened up the color when they reissued the YF-19 the second time around in renewal packaging.

Edited by Loop

Ooooh... Arm Cannon. :rolleyes:

I know I love it!

That was the first scene I could think of off the top of my head. I distinctly remember that it had the shoulder parts on and the chest gap showing while in a normal kind of pose.

Sorry about that. Thought it was the leg colapsible cover. :lol: By the way, the whole back/spine of Arcadia's YF-19 were diecast. Whereas on the Bandai, like the bottom part that connects to the waist joint is only the diecast. But the one that connects to the chest/upper body is plastic. ;)

I knew that the whole spine section of the Arcadia is diecast, as it is on the Yamato VF-19 M7 series (which the Arcadia draws upon heavily). I was just pointing out how the bandai improved over the original Yamato 1/60 YF-19 attempt specifically.

It's a VF-19Advance not a YF-19, couldn't the 'liberties' be canon to the different vehicle?

Yep, exactly. It's not meant to replicate the YF-19, it's just Bandai's way of squeezing their own take on it into the market. Arguably, they had a slightly easier job, specifically because they could be more flexible with the interpretation.

Here's the best I could do today with a very shoddy setup and lighting. If anyone has Illustrator skills, this could be cleaned up a lot. And yes, that's as rough as those little lines really are.

The measurements, using a very rough ruler are 7.5mm x 3mm. If I were using my micrometer (which isn't here) I'm sure I could get more accurate dimensions. Bear in mind, the 3mm does not include the little red and yellow items sticking up above the console.

(click for 1600px wide version)

(image deleted for size consideration)

The "backseat" console is this one:

(image deleted for size consideration)

And by backseat, I really do mean that the instructions on the Hasegawa kit call for it being mounted on the back console, facing the front. It must be part of the "see through the cockpit/virtual setup" that the YF-19 was all about. Anyway, I don't plan to use it because I don't think it's very visible.

Anyone interested in these things to print for your VF-25 Bandai Valks, please head over here.

MacrossJunkie or Froy, your Vector Skills are very much appreciated and needed again. ;)

I knew that the whole spine section of the Arcadia is diecast, as it is on the Yamato VF-19 M7 series (which the Arcadia draws upon heavily). I was just pointing out how the bandai improved over the original Yamato 1/60 YF-19 attempt specifically.

Actually, that's one part of the DX VF-19 Adv that I'm afraid of. They should've use a lot of diecast on that spine part esp the railing mechanism. The more this will get transform, the more the plastic rail will get stressed. :unsure:

Guest davidwhangchoi

i got back home a few days ago and finally got a chance to open a copy of my vf-19 advances.

best thing is the tampo printing.

i don't like the panel lines. too deep making it look cheap. the center body is stubby and thicker than arcadia's 19 where the wings attach to the main body when measuring in height from bottom to the top (landing gear to the top head laser.)

to tell you the truth, this is the reason i didn't like the 29 because the center body looking stubby.

arcadia's profile: from the neck down to where the wings begins, has a narrower and sleeker profile.

but in terms of tampo bandai owns everyone and there is more detail on the bandai's engines and internal parts.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

*snip*

but in terms of tampo bandai owns everyone and there is more detail on the bandai's engines and internal parts.

Yeah. I agree. Bandai put too much tampos. Too much they even forgot to place a tampo print in one important part -- the cockpit panels. Hehehe. :lol:

Thanks guys.

I currently have a V1 Yamato VF-1J and I briefly owned the 1/72 VF-19 and it was garbage compared to this. I didn't do much with it when I opened it, and haven't transformed it yet but it's just so perfect. I can't believe the amouunt of detail it has and the fact that everything on it is printed and not a sticker. It's also huge!

It's nuts.

So glad I did it.

Thanks guys.

I currently have a V1 Yamato VF-1J and I briefly owned the 1/72 VF-19 and it was garbage compared to this. I didn't do much with it when I opened it, and haven't transformed it yet but it's just so perfect. I can't believe the amouunt of detail it has and the fact that everything on it is printed and not a sticker. It's also huge!

It's nuts.

So glad I did it.

Its amazing how much joy these things bring to people! :) i couldn't imagine my life without my collection of Valks! ;) So congrats on your fine purchase indeed! :)

Its amazing how much joy these things bring to people! :) i couldn't imagine my life without my collection of Valks! ;) So congrats on your fine purchase indeed! :)

They're like Rubick's Cubes that you can do other stuff with. It really helps my spatial reasoning skills (as my brain is somewhat dysfunctional due to excessive concussive force to the noodle).

• 2 weeks later...

that pink 19 looks pretty good! you see they could have just done something like this for Mylene rather than adding boobs to her Valk..

True. But that still a uni-'boob', eh? ;) Btw, didn't expect that pink looks nice on the VF-19.

Aisha custom from Macross 30? I would buy it. My daughter's favorite valk.

Yes sir. Saw it on Twitter while browsing for the VF-0A with Ghost Booster. ;) If only Bandai can also made their own Macross 30 VF-11C for Mina Forte and the VF-27 for Mei Leelong. The whole bunch is complete. ^_^

True. But that still a uni-'boob', eh? ;) Btw, didn't expect that pink looks nice on the VF-19.

The 19 has a uni-boob yes but that is how it was designed from the get go and never got any outrageous design changes to suit a specific character, Basara's 19 head unit aside but that wasn't what I would call outrageous.. a little gaudy maybe but nothing like Mylene's retrofitted boob job VF-11 custom.. :rolleyes:

And yes that pink 19 looks tops! Definitely an "insta-buy!" B))

Actually, I'd love to see Bandai take on the further developments of the VF-19 airframe, especially the other SMS designs, and the Macross: The Ride variants. :)

Heck, I'd probably buy almost any variant of that plane regardless, but I still want a low-vis VF-19F. Would love to seen Bandai's take on the Macross 7 designs.

Personally, the pink doesn't quite do it for me though. It's just a pink YF-19, which I have plenty of. I much preferred having Aisha fly some of the other planes in the game anyway... I think by the end I had everyone flying assorted YF-29s. :lol:

Edited by Chronocidal

Give Bandai a few months... :p

Dunno. We said that about the YF-30 Chronos, which came out over a year ago, and no repaints yet. Which, now I think of it, is odd.

Dunno. We said that about the YF-30 Chronos, which came out over a year ago, and no repaints yet. Which, now I think of it, is odd.

Yeah. That's true too. And they didn't even came up with any option parts to replace the missle pod area either even though Kawamori thought of it based on his interview videos.

I am wondering if that is because the 30, or an iteration of it, will show up in Delta. Could be holding back to keep it unsaturated, and than blitz us when the new series launches.

Yeah. Didn't thought of that. If that's the case and they decided on producing option parts for it, I only wish they will make some for Leon's YF-30. ;)