Macross König Monster Renewal ***

cinello

Anybody else waiting for their monster? I paid when I received the notice to pay and still haven't received mine. I didn't get any notices for a missed delivery or anything. Which courier delivered it to you guys? UPS, USPS, Fedex?

If you purchased it from NY they hand write all of their shipping labels which can be illegible at times. Sometimes upon entry in the U.S., USPS can't read the label and it will sit there until someone calls or they (USPS) can figure out the address. If the package gets sent back to NY because USPS can't read the label, NY will make you pay again to have it shipped back.

I'm not sure if they are still handling things this way since I've stopped using them a couple of years ago (due to the $100's of dollars they cost me to have items re-shipped), but if your package is stuck at USPS in LA I would give whomever is handling your package a call as soon as possible before it gets sent back.

Anybody else waiting for their monster? I paid when I received the notice to pay and still haven't received mine. I didn't get any notices for a missed delivery or anything. Which courier delivered it to you guys? UPS, USPS, Fedex?

It would be best if you can give us more info on your order:

Where you ordered it from?

Which country its going to?

What shipping speed service did you choose?

Do you have the tracking number and did you check it? (you can do a screen capture of the info to show where it's at, but remove the real tracking number)

When was the item shipped? DID it shipped?

If you answer these questions it's would be easier to help you.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been playing with mine for a week and I don't see a single difference other than color from the previous versions. Did anyone who owns a previous version find anything I've missed? I know there was speculation that the plate in the back may have been tweaked/fixed to extend lower but that doesn't appear to be the case. I thought I also remembered reading about a joint being changed from a pin to a screw but I didn't see that.

No changes to the engineering as far as I can tell. The joints on the new one were a lot tighter out of the box than the old one, though my old one still has pretty tight joints until today.

Aside from the color scheme change, the only real difference I've seen is that they've now painted the insides of the engine thrusters on the lower row and the bottom of the feet black. The older version had these unpainted. Strangely enough, that was something I wished the old one had way back when I first bought it, so this change works for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Worth to grab one?

Its a cool toy if you dont mind the legs being inarticulated at the hip.

where i can find it on a decent price?

Try searching on yahoo japan. Occasionally cheap ones do turn up. I grabbed mine for 12000yen a few weeks ago and it was mib.

Edit: i meant the original dx. Not the sp or wings of valkyria reissue.

Edited by Roanstalker

It is great! Only real downside is its scale. It is closer to 1/100. Although, a 1/60 vb-6 would easily be 2-3 times the cost.

And two times the size. I don't know where I would put it. ^_^

This one already towers over the other DX Chogokins. How big will a 1/60 scale be??

It should be around 61 cm in height for the Battroid-Mode if it is really 1/100. Jenius blog measured 37 cm height for the Bandai one. The Yamato Koenig Monster is also supposed to be 1/100 scale but is overall bigger and has much longer barrels.

In HK, I saw one around USD 222, worth it? thanks.

The amount pre ordered and shipped from JP to HK a few months back is about USD 200, 20+ is not a bad price for a tamashii exculsive.

Edited by CRYO

Loved the review. I'm glad I ordered the Renewal version and also decided to keep my old Yamato :)

Edit: BTW, can the nose art girls be removed? Somebody mentioned they're decals over the tampoed shark mouth.

I haven't tried to remove the girls directly, but they're definitely decals, and they can flake away pretty easily. I knocked off a bit of one's foot just by general handling.

• 3 weeks later...

I just barrelled through Macross Frontier in the last couple days. Blew my mind. It was frickin' amazing and made me want this so much! I remember seeing the Monster come first time round, and even made the sales bin, but I was into something else and kept overlooking him. And I didn't know it had a jet mode for a couple years either. Just thought it was one of those destroids. Not going to miss it this time round.

Beautiful pics btw!

Have you thought about taking pics of your 1/60 Destroids with 1/60 scale cars or 1/64 Hot Wheels instead? They would be closer in scale. That is a big oversized Lamborghini. Here's a size comparison with 1/72.

post-21587-0-99202600-1440976447_thumb.jpg

Edited by sh9000

• 2 weeks later...