Tamashii Webshop Exclusive RVF-171EX Luca Angeloni

Gakken85

• 6 years later...

So this is going to be a massive necro, but I wanted to post a long-term update on this release, since so many experienced breakage in the box on their CF-171s.

I'd ordered two of the RVF-171s when they came out, and only ever opened one.  It had a shoulder cover that popped off easily from a stripped out screw, but otherwise was in good shape.  I think I moved shortly after, and never got around to opening the second one.

So, in the middle of cleaning up my storage room, I decided to finally peek in on Schrödinger's valk.  I'm happy to report that both my RVF-171s are in perfect condition after almost seven years in their boxes.

I didn't attempt to transform them (though I did one cycle with my Alto 171EX, which is in similarly good shape, and it was every bit as annoying as I remembered), but I did drop the legs to check the plastic on the knees, and replace the wings with the hardpointed ones.  The silver plastic on the knees is scary looking.  I cannot tell if it's cracked or not, but the metallic plastic they used has so many flow lines, it's really difficult to tell whether the knees would disintegrate under the slightest stress.

I'll probably poke into my CF-171s later this week to see how they're holding up, just for laughs.  Not going to lie, I'm expecting the experience to be something like this:
CalvinVF171.jpg.c2a533cf4db256ee3066811aff9689ae.jpg

16 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

I've been liking the look of the Maruyama version of these but all these stories scare me away from buying one.  Hoping one day they'll do a reissue with improvements but it's probably wishful thinking.

Only the Cannon fodder 171's had issues. all of the 171EX releases are pretty solid. 

21 hours ago, Special Sauce said:

I've been liking the look of the Maruyama version of these but all these stories scare me away from buying one.  Hoping one day they'll do a reissue with improvements but it's probably wishful thinking.

I have a minty Maruyama for sale. It's solid. PM me if interested.:good: