New Macross 1/1 DYRL helmets

Jasonc

I like the look of Roy's. If the price is going to be somewhere in the $400 range I might consider picking one up. Anyone know what the price is going to be? Hopefully nothing near the $1888 the one sold for on ebay a few days ago.

The offical price is 39800 yen for each of them~ That's around US$400!

The total for my Hikaru helmet is gonna be about $550, shipping included. Much better than $1800. At that price, you can buy all 3 of them. Man, I'm already putting money away for the other 3, as I knew they were coming. Got $400 saved up in change already. Now, didn't the first release of the Yamato helmets have a purple visor helmet? If that's the case, I'll be looking for that one, too.

I like all of them. But I won't be able to pay for them, let alone finding space for them.

that's what you say now... :p:D

...i do have to admit that these look uber cool... if i were really really impulsive, i would probably find the $$$ to get one of these... it would also probably fit my head, but the thing is, for a display piece i'd rather get the 1/2000 SDF-1 since it transforms and the helmet obviously doesn't (doh!)... i also don't have a bike or whatever the hell it is you would need a helmet for... i could probably wear it while browsing through MW, lol :lol: ...

Edited by m0n5t3r

that's what you say now... :p:D

Hey! What do you mean by that! :huh:

No, I can't afford them (money and space). As you've said, I would be better off with the 1/2000 SDF. But then again, I think I am going to skip the DYRL SDF too, in case they release a TV one.

Basing on "milk the mold" policy, that is quite possible. One may have to wait for a couple of years though.

P.S. If I still live in Toronto (studied U there), I would probably get everything. Or not because it's much more expensive to buy anything.

Hey! What do you mean by that! :huh:

No, I can't afford them (money and space). As you've said, I would be better off with the 1/2000 SDF. But then again, I think I am going to skip the DYRL SDF too, in case they release a TV one.

kidding... i think it's just harder to resist the temptation (if it were me) there in hk where everything is easily accessible and cheaper + no shipping and tax... ^_^ if a store who sells Yamatos there will bring in those helmets, it'll probably cost a li'l below $400...

as for the SDF-1, i'm still on the fence myself coz of the probable price tag... doesn't really matter to me if it's DYRL or TV ver.

I'm gonna be getting each one. I'm totally hung up on the Max Jenius helmet. I'm also saving long term for the 1/2000 SDF, I may be cramped for space by the beginning of next year.

kidding... i think it's just harder to resist the temptation (if it were me) there in hk where everything is easily accessible and cheaper + no shipping and tax... ^_^ if a store who sells Yamatos there will bring in those helmets, it'll probably cost a li'l below $400...

as for the SDF-1, i'm still on the fence myself coz of the probable price tag... doesn't really matter to me if it's DYRL or TV ver.

I could better gauge whether or not to pick up one of the helmets if I had an idea of what the SDF-1 is going to cost us. For me, it is a must have. I'm not hung up on the version either.

@ Jasonc:

Four questions: When, Where, How, and How Much!?!?! :o

I HAVE to get at least one for my 1/1 Pilot helmet collection!!! :wub:

Please point me in the right direction Mate!

I may help to answer some:

When: Autumn 2009

How much: 39800 yen

BTW, the Hikaru helmet is fan-club only item. It doesn't mean much to Japanese (just 1000 yen to join), but much more than that for us foreigners.

I have my $400 ready right now - But I tell ya, if the Hikaru version (the one I'm after...) is another one of those "Fan club mail-in magazine special only" cr@p - Then I'll just buy the least liked, cheapest one of them all and airbrush it myself. :angry: The Japanese are already bleeding us dry for all we're worth... (Case in point: weathering "specials" & "exclusive" TV style Max and Kikazi) :blink:

Consider it done!!! B)) You wonder if these DYRL Helmets sell well, Will Yamato attempt at making others like Mac Zero & Mac Plus??

Hmmm.....probably....IF they sell well. I know that if I made A LOT more money or had a residence in Japan, I would have them all. ALLLL!!!!!

The route I took, was going through www.over-drive-co.com. If you haven't joined up with them, do so, and inquire with them about ordering it. Total is probably going to be over $500, but then again, I don't think there's gonna be a lot of these floating around. You won't find the helmet on the website, but send them a message and inquire about it. They are great at getting back to people.

• 1 month later...

Alright, got an update. I just ordered the Max and Roy helmets, so I have ordered all 3. The Hikaru helmet is completely paid for now, the Roy and Max just need a 2nd payment. Did anyone else crazy enough, cave in and buy any of these?

Alright, got an update. I just ordered the Max and Roy helmets, so I have ordered all 3. The Hikaru helmet is completely paid for now, the Roy and Max just need a 2nd payment. Did anyone else crazy enough, cave in and buy any of these?

Not I. As nice as they are and as bad as I would like to at least have Roy's to go with the 1/2000 SDF-1 when it comes out, I just have too many other wants at the moment. Hopefully by the time they are released I'll be in a position to get one. :mellow:

I am in the same position of wanting other Yamato product like the Valkyries and such. My reasoning is that these helmets are hard to get, and won't be around for a long time in the market. While they are available, I'd rather get the hard to find stuff, then worry about the stuff that will be around for awhile afterward. They won't be out till August supposedly (from what I remember), but it'll pay off later when I can finally afford the Valkyries after receiving these rare jems. I'm especially looking forward to the Max Jenius helmet. Love the blue.

Just an FYI for those that don't get the Overdrive newsletter, the Yamato 1:1 helmets are up for order at this time. You have to e-mail them as it is not listed on the website. I believe that Max and Roy's is available right now.

I am in the same position of wanting other Yamato product like the Valkyries and such. My reasoning is that these helmets are hard to get, and won't be around for a long time in the market. While they are available, I'd rather get the hard to find stuff, then worry about the stuff that will be around for awhile afterward. They won't be out till August supposedly (from what I remember), but it'll pay off later when I can finally afford the Valkyries after receiving these rare jems. I'm especially looking forward to the Max Jenius helmet. Love the blue.

That's sounds reasonable. I would agree that these helmets are going to come and go like the 1st release. It's not like they will have them in stock to order for a long time. I would even guess that they will probably sell out during the pre-order phase. They are just too expensive for me, however. Plus, the thought of having this huge helmet with no good place to put it is not very appealing to me. I'm a fan of the scaled replicas like the scaled Star Wars stuff. They are big enough to have nice detail yet small enough to display easily. And, some of them can be found on sale for cheap. :)

Kudos to those of you that are getting them though. ;)