any dyrl hikaru vf-1a 1/60 owners with a non tint/rainbow canopy?

Guest davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hey guys, i recently got a yamato skull squad dyrl max 1/60 vf-1a standalone and was pleasantly surprised to find a clear canopy and updated 1/48 style crotch locking mechanism under the nose!

bc this was an old release that i didn't know yamato updated. i know yamato re-released kaki and max dyrl skull 1a's as combo sets with super strike parts... i know those had the clear canopy and updates. what i didn't know was the stand-alone max skull 1a version was updated as well.

just wondering if they did it for hikaru's skull 1a as well. any owners of the bird want to chime in whether you have a rainbow or clear canopy? just curious and want to find if it exists or not:)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Hey guys, i recently got a yamato skull squad dyrl max 1/60 vf-1a standalone and was pleasantly surprised to find a clear canopy and updated 1/48 style crotch locking mechanism under the nose!

bc this was an old release that i didn't know yamato updated. i know yamato re-released kaki and max dyrl skull 1a's as combo sets with super strike parts... i know those had the clear canopy and updates. what i didn't know was the stand-alone max skull 1a version was updated as well.

just wondering if they did it for hikaru's skull 1a as well. any owners of the bird want to chime in whether you have a rainbow or clear canopy? just curious and want to find if it exists or not:)

All three DYRL 1A's were re-released a year or so before Yamato's demise with the new canopy and crotch. My Max and Kaki 1A's don't match my Hikaru because of that.

Hey David,

All of my Yamato DYRL 1A's have rainbow tint, but you got an awesome find - especially with the updated crotch system (the first releases can be a pain in the you-know-what).

*Edit, good info Mommar

-b.

Edited by Kanedas Bike

Guest davidwhangchoi

thanks guys

All three DYRL 1A's were re-released a year or so before Yamato's demise with the new canopy and crotch. My Max and Kaki 1A's don't match my Hikaru because of that.

Mommar can you confirm someone who owns a hikaru 1a with the updated crotch and clear canopy (non custom job)? i've never seen it and i'm not sure it exists re: reason for starting this thread. it sounds like your hikuru is rainbow as well.

Just purchased a Max VF-1A (stand alone) and it has a clear canopy.

yeah, thanks for confirming that's in the wild.

Mine has a rainbow canopy.

thanks!

Hey David,

All of my Yamato DYRL 1A's have rainbow tint, but you got an awesome find - especially with the updated crotch system (the first releases can be a pain in the you-know-what).

*Edit, good info Mommar

-b.

thanks b!

i've seen the updates and clear canopies on all skull squad except hikaru 1a, i still don't know if i'm chasing a myth but if anyone has a clear canopy hikaru 1a let me know bc i then need to go chase one. otherwise, i'll just get a rainbow one.

thanks guys

Mommar can you confirm someone who owns a hikaru 1a with the updated crotch and clear canopy (non custom job)? i've never seen it and i'm not sure it exists re: reason for starting this thread. it sounds like your hikuru is rainbow as well.

Now that I think about it I'm not as sure all three were re-released as I can only think of the Max and Kaki right now. But given there was a four year gap between when I bought the Hikaru and the other two, yeah, they're going to be different. The latter two were "oh crap, Yamato is going under" purchases. And they were super cheap at HKCollectibles as well.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Now that I think about it I'm not as sure all three were re-released as I can only think of the Max and Kaki right now. But given there was a four year gap between when I bought the Hikaru and the other two, yeah, they're going to be different. The latter two were "oh crap, Yamato is going under" purchases. And they were super cheap at HKCollectibles as well.

yeah, i think i've only seen max and kaki as well. thanks Mommar for confirming.

Rainbow canopy here as well. ;)

Never seen a Hikaru with clear canopy. My standalone Max 1A has the tinted canopy and old crotch.

thanks guys, looks like hikaru skull 1a was left out of the updates. (rats! :( time to find a rainbow one)

ok, the remaining yamatos left without an updated crotch design are: vf-1j mass, hikaru dyrl 1a, and max vf-1s

(though for the max vf-1s, if you got an extra lying hikaru or roy vf-1s 30th dyrl lying around, you can swap out the max 1s nose section with hikaru or roy 1s, as they both have the updated crotch design for easier transformation and share the same tampo'd numbers with max 1s. lol)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

yeah, i think i've only seen max and kaki as well. thanks Mommar for confirming.

thanks guys, looks like hikaru skull 1a was left out of the updates. (rats! :( time to find a rainbow one)

ok, the remaining yamatos left without an updated crotch design are: vf-1j mass, hikaru dyrl 1a, and max vf-1s

(though for the max vf-1s, if you got an extra lying hikaru or roy vf-1s 30th dyrl lying around, you can swap out the max 1s nose section with hikaru or roy 1s, as they both have the updated crotch design for easier transformation and share the same tampo'd numbers with max 1s. lol)

Out of curiousity since I just have the not-so-updated-ones for my Hikaru's 1A/S. Were both releases made of the same 'white hue' body mold?

Thanks in advance. ;)

Guest davidwhangchoi

Out of curiousity since I just have the not-so-updated-ones for my Hikaru's 1A/S. Were both releases made of the same 'white hue' body mold?

Thanks in advance. ;)

Hi no3ljm, yeah, both yamato hikaru's skull 1a/s had the dyrl "off white" (little greyish white) colors; both the rainbow and clear canopy versions with the updated crotch mechanism.

Hi no3ljm, yeah, both yamato hikaru's skull 1a/s had the dyrl "off white" (little greyish white) colors; both the rainbow and clear canopy versions with the updated crotch mechanism.

Hey david! Thanks man. That's good to know. My only complaints on my not-so-updated-ones were the shoulder problem. I already have the replacement parts from Shapeway just in case it falls off. What's stopping it for now on my 1A is the side covers (which I also purchase it from Shapeways), it helps holding the shoulder joints. And the 1S is displayed in Gerwalk/Valkyrie mode so the shoulders were intact in Valk mode. Reason why I haven't repair it yet besides lack of time is once I switch it to the Shapeway joint, I cannot use the side covers on it. The slot on the side covers is not big enough for the replacement joints. ^_^

That was my solution for matching the three 1As from Skull Squadron as well :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

That was my solution for matching the three 1As from Skull Squadron as well :D

pretty cool they all (skull squad) match in colors :) but the numbers on the 1a's are different so you have to hide the numbers in photos :p

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 2 weeks later...

Crap...forgot about that. Thanks for setting me straight :p

Think the only numbers you'd have to hide are on the wings though, and those are universal between the Skull-1 releases too, all 001. The only parts unique to each particular DYRL valk are the chest plate, tails, lower legs, and head. And if you don't care about the head that much, you could color the arrows black like TV-Roy, and have a universal head. ^_^

I never did get a Max 1S, and considered part-swapping around to make one, but I prefer him in super packs anyway, so just left him as an A.

Edited by Chronocidal