Arcadia yf-19 rerelease?

DarkHawk

If I remember correctly it was just a general release and not a web exclusive.

I guess if they think there is enough demand out there for them to release another batch, they will. If not, then probably not. Given their high pricing and for the release to just be less than a year, I don't think there will be enough demand at the moment but maybe in the future there might be.

If I remember correctly it was just a general release and not a web exclusive.

I guess if they think there is enough demand out there for them to release another batch, they will. If not, then probably not. Given their high pricing and for the release to just be less than a year, I don't think there will be enough demand at the moment but maybe in the future there might be.

My bad. I thought made-to-order were considered exclusives. :lol:

I'd say forget about Arcadia re-releasing the YF-19 anytime in the next 2 years, if not longer, because the first run came out not too long ago, and, as jenius pointed out, Bandai is in the game with their VF-19 Advanced DX. Arcadia could, however, release a VF-19A Ravens in order to get more use out of the tooling, as long as they hold the licensing rights to allow them t do so, and the foresight to see that the demand is there.

Edited by mechaninac

Isn't the Bandai version for...well, "few chosen ones"? Is it really to be considered competition? Or did i miss something? I mean, are pre-orders going to reopen after the first release? I would love to get a VF19, although if it is from another saga than the original valk it really looks great!

@Ryoma

Yeah, most of the online shop still sells it after the first release, assuming there's enough stock or stocks that was cancelled during the preorders. But be prepared that prices might go up after the initial release. Hope that helps. ^_^

After its release the 19 was very easy to get in the second hand market for a good price, I nabbed a couple this way but now I hardly see them anywhere. You'll have to prowl Mandarake and Yahoo Japan.

Best time should when the Bandai VF-19 gets released and people who liked it better decide yo get rid of the Arcadia.

Thanks for the update no3. I will keep my eyes open then. It seems like it is going to be very tricky to get one anyway.

You're welcome. Like Valkyrie addict said, browse Mandarake or Yahoo Japan once in awhile for those. They pop up over there once in awhile. ;)

After its release the 19 was very easy to get in the second hand market for a good price, I nabbed a couple this way but now I hardly see them anywhere. You'll have to prowl Mandarake and Yahoo Japan.

Best time should when the Bandai VF-19 gets released and people who liked it better decide yo get rid of the Arcadia.

True. For sure, lots will sell it if they see that the Bandai one is more superior than the Arcadia one. ^_^

Put me in the boat with those hoping for a re-release. I had plenty initially but had to get rid of most of them (desperate times and all of that). I'd like to get at least one or two more because despite some flaws I thought this was a good iteration of the YF-19.

-b.

I'd love to have an arcadia, but the price is just so high. I mean I've only found them for shy of a grand. I settled for the Yammie version, which isn't terrible, even if it's not the best YF-19 out there right now. Like I said in my advice thread, I've had worse valks. But a bandai and/or and arcadia would be awesome. Especially with those super packs.

I was wondering, would the gunpod from the arcadia YF-19 fit on the Yamato version. I guess it wouldn't on fighter mode but what about battroid? I never liked the arcadia version but honestly the only thing i don't like about my yamato one is the gunpod. A battroid mode of the yamato with the arcadia gunpod would be perfect for me.

I'd say forget about Arcadia re-releasing the YF-19 anytime in the next 2 years, if not longer, because the first run came out not too long ago, and, as jenius pointed out, Bandai is in the game with their VF-19 Advanced DX. Arcadia could, however, release a VF-19A Ravens in order to get more use out of the tooling, as long as they hold the licensing rights to allow them t do so, and the foresight to see that the demand is there.

agreed.. it would be crazy stupid for Arcadia to simply re-release it. Especially after Bandai will release a 19 of their own and considering some of the negative feedback Arcadia got with theirs even after it was "re-engineered" compared to the older Yamato efforts.

Personally I love the thing but I would like to see some new & interesting color variations. I suppose a "new" Ravens paint would be nice but not a Bird Of Prey or Double Nuts. Those two were kinda lame and boring..

Even if they made it a VF-19 as apposed to a YF.. I don't think there is much of a difference between the final prototype and initial production version anyways? They could easily do and get away with this!

I would sure as hell buy one! :D

Edited by spanner76

• 4 weeks later...
Guest davidwhangchoi

I know, just helping DarkHawk in case he didnt notice.

how's that helping him to post it public when there's only one copy and then posting it in the items of interest thread? you can help him by pm'ing it instead of posting it multiple times.

how's that helping him to post it public when there's only one copy and then posting it in the items of interest thread? you can help him by pm'ing it instead of posting it multiple times.

no harm in doing so. waste of time discussing on it. next...

Guest davidwhangchoi

no harm in doing so. waste of time discussing on it. next...

again, we discussed this so many times, just post it in the items of interest thread instead of spamming it here.

Guest davidwhangchoi

OK...cheers. OCD kicking in. just joking! :p

aaajin, i'm not against you in case you think i'm giving you a hard time. (well maybe i am giving you a hard time a little :p) i love deals too if you look at my avatar. but we had this discussion years ago and just to quote a MW:

I'm a strong advocate of not posting live (and especially new) listings from places like Mandarake. It's hard enough as it is to find deals, free advertisements in a broadly viewed board like this doesn't help. If someone is looking for something, and the item has been up for quite a few days, it's another story. But posting a new listing not an hour old? I don't agree with it.

It's my strong opinion that this thread should be about SOLD prices, and not prices for items still available!

i share in your joy of finding deals but i have to agree with the quote above. as a compromise JVmacross made an item of interests thread in the where to buy section bc it was getting tiresome of members repeating not to post in the toys section. but feel free to go crazy in there.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I agree with david as well. I'll also add that it's kind of annoying to see the thread bumped only to see someone posting a link to a sales listing (unless it's bandai preorder night). Not singling out anyone in particular as the frequency of these kinds of post have increased in the last few months.

I also do not find it particularly helpful either. I mean there are a ton of random surfers through here and once an item is posted in the wide open, the person you meant to help may have missed it because of the wide open linking. I agree that PM is the best place for that kind of thing. There are plenty of members that are willing to help out others here on MW. Ask and I am sure someone will help out. Over the past year or so I have noticed that we have a lot of threads for that kind of thing and I can't say I really agree with them either as they are also linking to items in an open environment and it seems the items life span is lessened, but hey to each his own I guess.

Edited by Loop