DX Chogokin YF-29B Percival

IXTL

Some crazy talk in here. The 29 is right there with renewal 25 toys but no need for the renewal name since it has only one version and was good from the beginning. The only toy that is questionable is the 27 and the original 27 had improvements over the original 25 so the updated 27 is pretty decent albeit not quite as superb as the 29 or 25. Don't muddy the waters with version talk on the 29.

yep

Crappola... Now that I've read this, I'm gonna hafta get a YF-30. I hate that missile thingamajig on it though...

Thanks for the info though!

Sorry for OT; I hated the Missile Box (or whatever it's called) on the 30 as well, even removing it in Battroid mode but I put it back on and it's really grown on me as design feature. The 30 toy really is a pretty good effort on Bandai's part. You can still find them reasonably priced on Mandarake (around $ 200), it also popped up a couple of days ago on AmiAmi before selling out again.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Some crazy talk in here. The 29 is right there with renewal 25 toys but no need for the renewal name since it has only one version and was good from the beginning. The only toy that is questionable is the 27 and the original 27 had improvements over the original 25 so the updated 27 is pretty decent albeit not quite as superb as the 29 or 25. Don't muddy the waters with version talk on the 29.

"In many ways the YF-29 toy is also a prototype for the VF-25 Renewal toys. The overall structure and refinements to the transformation are echoed in the latest VF-25 toys."

collection dx review 29 alto

http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/2011/yf29_durandal_valkyrie_alto_saotome_custom

If the renewal -27 is a 1.5, then the -29 is a 1.75.

true that.

I don't get why you put that in spoiler tags, it seems to be saying "The changes on the 29 were carried into the renewal 25 toys" meaning there's no difference so no need to talk about versions so if it confirms the point say it loud and proud... don't hide it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I don't get why you put that in spoiler tags, it seems to be saying "The changes on the 29 were carried into the renewal 25 toys" meaning there's no difference so no need to talk about versions so if it confirms the point say it loud and proud... don't hide it.

that's bc it was just a quote for you.

I'll just echo, while I like my Isamu and Ozma 29's they are definitely steps down in engineering from the V2 25's. They were obviously prototypes.

I would argue the opposite, they're way more complicated than the 25s... not sure how you figure. Also, the things they have in common they have like 100% in common (ie the legs/pelvis).

Edited by jenius

Sorry for OT; I hated the Missile Box (or whatever it's called) on the 30 as well, even removing it in Battroid mode but I put it back on and it's really grown on me as design feature. The 30 toy really is a pretty good effort on Bandai's part. You can still find them reasonably priced on Mandarake (around $ 200), it also popped up a couple of days ago on AmiAmi before selling out again.

-b.

Thanks, B! Hehehe when I pit them against each other you all know who I'll be rooting for!

Ive never had trouble transforming the 29's, and in a lot of ways appreciate the engineering improvements to the 25 series. i like the toughness of the 29. What has always bothered me abut the Fast Packs on Valks is they take away some of the streamlined nature of the fighter. Except for one slike the 19 and 22 which barely have FP's at all, they all just add chunk to the fighter. The 29's take all that armour and meld it seamlessly into the fighter, making it still sleek and dangerous looking, ut with a lot of punch at it's command. The add on FP's are superflous (i just got the Ozma and Isamu ones, but mainly because they were $40 ea at Mandarake, not coz i likve the FP's), adding a few more missiles and the Fold antenna.... things, but they're hardly needed like on the 25's.

Why is it we have so many bloody YF-29 prototype variants instead of VF-29A/B/C/D...

Well, in-universe it's pretty normal for real fighter aircraft to have a half-dozen or a dozen prototypes and pre-production aircraft built in order to find all the unexpected bits/places they did the math wrong/points that can be improved for use or production. So having five kicking about in Macross isn't unreasonable, if you accept that major characters got hold of them and none of them had unexpected defaults rendering them unsuitable for combat.

If this valk is released, then there is no doubt that Leon's teal YF-25 will be released down the road.

There's potentially more variants incoming if they really intend to milk the game for all it's worth.

Gunness VF-171EX

Aisha VF-19E

Leeron VF-27

Edited by hulagu

no, ozma rocked everything with the tried and tested Armored Messiah. ;)

Hahaha! Yup, had to check for myself. It was the 2nd movie.

There's potentially more variants incoming if they really intend to milk the game for all it's worth.

Gunness VF-171EX

Aisha VF-19E

Leeron VF-29

What does the leer on version look like? Couldn't find anything

When I first saw this on facebook, I was shocked that they decided to make this. I'm actually kinda stunned. Nevertheless, this is a definite buy for me. I passed on the Ozma version just cause he never flies it in the show AT ALL, but this is one I can get behind.

I would argue the opposite, they're way more complicated than the 25s... not sure how you figure. Also, the things they have in common they have like 100% in common (ie the legs/pelvis).

Some of the stuff that makes the VF-27 not a Renewal but rather a V 1.5 is the way Bandai used old parts for toy.

So the VF-25 and YF-29 have the outward shoulder motion, new shoulder block transformation, a "fully" realized second seat and more surface detail (what I remember from the top of my head). The Lucifer is lacking all this so it is not a true Renewal.

On topic: I'm not buying this one. Too many stuff comes out in the first two quarters of 2015 and since I have already a YF-29 with that head sculpt I'm gonna pass. It looks good though even if I think that the contrast with the neon orange visor is too stark.

Edited by Scyla

Just to be clear Scyla, the quote you have from me above is comparing the 25 to the 29, not the 27. Some members seem to think the 29 is not up to the same standard as the 25 when to me it seems the 25 is either the same or the 29 is more intricate. I don't understand the basis for someone to think the 29 is in some way below the standard of the 25 just because the 29 had improvements before the 25 did. I think it's because the word 'prototype' was used by a review once as a way of saying 'first introduction' and has been misconstrued to mean 'incomplete in execution'.

I'd agree readily with the assertion the second edition 27 is in no ways as much an improvement as the 'renewal' 25 was.

Edited by jenius

I agree with your statement.

I just tried to read through all the new posts about exiting new Bandai products that where posted over the last days. Maybe I didn't express my thoughts clearly or missed something already mentioned in the thread.

Vf-27, sorry.

Game screenshots of VF-27y May Leeron Custom

this one looks more evil that Brera's version

Question, why do the Percival displayed do not have the twin mounted cannons? The Fighter game screenshot I saw on the net shows that it is very identical to other yf-29

Anymoon called out the 27 as "a half step back" upon release when he reviewed it on YouTube. He has been consistent in his evaluation of the 27 reissue from the beginning. I'm on the opinion that the 29 is more advanced overall than the 25 but my 25G seems to have much tighter QC than my 29 Alto and my 29 Ozma has a wobbly leg below the right knee on both copies I have. Either way, I'm buying 2 of the 29B's and buying more 25's.

Straight to your face Arcadia.

Edited by sreichma

Guest davidwhangchoi

Some members seem to think the 29 is not up to the same standard as the 25 when to me it seems the 25 is either the same or the 29 is more intricate. I don't understand the basis for someone to think the 29 is in some way below the standard of the 25 just because the 29 had improvements before the 25 did. I think it's because the word 'prototype' was used by a review once as a way of saying 'first introduction' and has been misconstrued to mean 'incomplete in execution'.

you know, i think you really argue like a child. if someone has a contrasting opinion, get over it. you keep repeating i don't understand why people keep saying blah blah blah.

the reason i put it in spoilers is bc i really thought about having a contrasting opinion and posting it normally.

a normal post:

someone posts: it's a 1.5 bc was before the 25 renewal.

you post: you disagree

counter post and a few others say well maybe it's 1.8 bc it's close but still the 25 is more refined.

you post you don't agree.

we move on

that's it.

but you keep repeating yourself and asking i don't get why some people see the 29 as inferior to the 25 renewals???

just accept it, some people think the 29 is a little less than the 25, like a version 1.8. and if you disagree, great.

do i go on your site and keep asking why do you keep on saying the same crap over and over? lol

you know, i think you really argue like a child. if someone has a contrasting opinion, get over it. you keep repeating i don't understand why people keep saying blah blah blah.

the reason i put it in spoilers is bc i really thought about having a contrasting opinion and posting it normally.

a normal post:

someone posts: it's a 1.5 bc was before the 25 renewal.

you post: you disagree

counter post and a few others say well maybe it's 1.8 bc it's close but still the 25 is more refined.

you post you don't agree.

we move on

that's it.

but you keep repeating yourself and asking i don't get why some people see the 29 as inferior to the 25 renewals???

just accept it, some people think the 29 is a little less than the 25, like a version 1.8. and if you disagree, great.

do i go on your site and keep asking why do you keep on saying the same crap over and over? lol

Look again, someone else repeated it, I clarified the context.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Look again, someone else repeated it, I clarified the context.

no, someone thought it was about the 27 and you clarified it was about the 29

then you took it a step further.

and repeating what you don't understand.

"i don't understand why some people think the 29 is blah blah based on a review that mentions the word prototype."

lol, people have other opinions other then yours. but if you want to keep repeating you don't understand some people think the 29 is not as good as the 25 renewal. i'll keep laughing as well.