DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Only the things that you have to remove. The hip guns and the plates next to the head can be tricky, so make sure you're supporting everything sufficiently when pulling them off, so you aren't stabbing yourself or smacking something when the part "gives" as you pull it.

Also, the backpack sensor probe is ridiculously sharp so don't stab yourself, and be careful you don't bend it when you're handling it or putting it on/taking it off.

Thanks, mickyg! I've pulled those hip guns off accidentally more than a couple times and I've messed around with removing the plates by the head, so I think I've got those areas handled (famous last words, haha). Do the super parts pose any danger of scratching off paint? It seems to be pretty safe in that regard, but just want to double check.

And man, you are right about that backpack sensor! I pulled the set out to make sure that part is in good shape, and it is like a freakin needle! :p

@Valkyrie Driver

Cool shots! Always good to see a valk owner enjoying their toy. :D

Guest davidwhangchoi

Same thing happened with my 25G, coulde never figure out what it was. Ended up using some sticky tack to hold it in place.

i think you broke it.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I bought from a member here and the intake covers were already floating around in the box when i got it

They stay in, but they seem really loose. I didn't have any issues with them when I got the toy, they were firmly affixed, maybe I did break it...

nah, you didn't break it, i was just teasing anubis20, lol it's probably the friction wore off by taking it out.

speaking of bandai, (off topic) nintendo is pulling bandai shenanigans and it's pre-orders for amiibos lasted 3 minutes. freakin muli billion dollar company limiting supply on purpose. anyways, reminds me of pre-ordering a macross F opening night.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

nah, you didn't break it, i was just teasing anubis20, lol it's probably the friction wore off by taking it out.

speaking of bandai, (off topic) nintendo is pulling bandai shenanigans and it's pre-orders for amiibos lasted 3 minutes. freakin muli billion dollar company limiting supply on purpose. anyways, reminds me of pre-ordering a macross F opening night.

A window of three entire minutes still sounds massively better than the typical AmiAmi preorder. You cant even load the page before they're gone. :p

Guest davidwhangchoi

A window of three entire minutes still sounds massively better than the typical AmiAmi preorder. You cant even load the page before they're gone. :p

that's actually what's happening now, it's been brutal today... there's been 10 sec windows 3x today. the problem was retailers announced pre-orders to begin at a certain time and then it never happened at all or they opened them 4 hours earlier.. so it'll be like amiami says preorders starts 4pm JST then opens them 12pm JST, that'll drive people insane.

http://www.destructoid.com/review-wave-4-amiibo-shopping-289958.phtml

at least Mac F we know the times they'll go up and got a shot at it. these amiibos are like hlj. lol

It sure does! Really makes me want to get onto customising my own ELINT Messiah.

Elint paint scheme? Ooh that would be cool! Has someone done that on an RVF yet?

That would be amazing, I'd be all over that if Bandai released one officially! I really like the design of the RVF-25, but I hate hate hate the color of Luca's valk, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

That would be amazing, I'd be all over that if Bandai released one officially! I really like the design of the RVF-25, but I hate hate hate the color of Luca's valk, haha.

Welp, my hate of the color could not override my compulsion to complete my 25 series collection. -_-

I gotta say though, it feels pretty darn good to have a complete set. :lol:

post-197-0-64120900-1430441712_thumb.jpg