Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

No, the earlier prequel chapters have have already been put out on tankobon. I think it's been at least a year since the last "new" chapter was published.

That said, I will probably just wait until the 6th tankobon is published, as I have no interest in reading comics on a computer screen.

Actually, just did a quick search and Volume 5 came out on my mum's birthday last year (2013), March 22!

Yeah, so that's a year-and-a-half wait.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FL7OH2E?pc_redir=1410499326&robot_redir=1

Italian Macross Plus BD released 3/2013? News to me. I wonder if it uses the same remaster as Bandai, or if they are just doing a cheap transfer of their DVD master to BD.

Not exactly a SCOOP, I guess, if this was already known; but this was news to me.

We talked about it, long story short: as I recall it's not a new master, it's an upscale. The included booklet is not a translation of the one in the Japanese BD release.

Short story even shorter: Everyone should just get the Japanese BD release. It's got English on it, and it's even being reissued soon for the 20th anniversary, along with the M7 BDs.

Edited by Renato

Agreed on supporting the Japanese release.

It's pretty poor to upscale DVD to BD like that...it makes it a cash grab.

I was not curious about getting the Italian release, but more curious about licensing. I guess using their DVD masters simply makes use of their existing license.

Anyway, no more licensing talk here. This isn't the thread.

Great Mechanics.DX 30

Coinciding with the Blu-ray release of MII, the magazine's "The Settings/The Establishment" column features the VF-2SS Valkyrie II.

There seems to be one or two pieces of line-art that I haven't come across before (including the three-fighter launch catapult outside a ship and the pre-launch loading chamber inside the ship). The subtitle of the accompanying text is intriguing: "One More Possibility If One Looks At 'Macross II'".

In the "Hobby Operation" column, there's an announcement of the Wave 1/100 VF-1S Strike Valkyrie Battroid and Fighter kits (both ¥4,536, not including tax), and a small image of the GERWALK, if one were to combine the parts from the Battroid and Fighter kits (a neat gimmick in the Wave series of VF-1, but it ends up with an excessively priced GERWALK! Far cheaper to invest in either the Bandai or the upcoming Hasegawa kits, IMHO).

Great Mechanics.DX 30

Coinciding with the Blu-ray release of MII, the magazine's "The Settings/The Establishment" column features the VF-2SS Valkyrie II.

There seems to be one or two pieces of line-art that I haven't come across before (including the three-fighter launch catapult outside a ship and the pre-launch loading chamber inside the ship). The subtitle of the accompanying text is intriguing: "One More Possibility If One Looks At 'Macross II'".

Hm... going to have to grab that. Thanks for the heads-up. That art's been printed in a bunch of places before though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just checking the official page, and it seems more items have been revealed for the Oshare Macross7 thing, such as cushion covers, Sheryl and Ranka illustrations by Risa Ebata (why?), Macross F badges illustrated by Tochiro's beloved Marufuji (again, why?), and tote bags. Fair enough, but it seems they also scheduled a Mikimoto signing event on the same day as the Chie Kajiura concert, Saturday the 18th October. Sigh. -_-

Edited by Renato

I didn't see any one post it, so I probably missed it and it's here somewhere, but has anyone noticed that R***T**H Classic Collection Vol 1 also contains the Original Japanese Macross?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M4EF57I/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2Z3EMIT03ZZZY&coliid=I28DPCGU6IY9OQ

I wonder how badly it's butchered though. I hate to give HG my money but I cant find Macross on BD in the US for less than several hundred bux.

I didn't see any one post it, so I probably missed it and it's here somewhere, but has anyone noticed that R***T**H Classic Collection Vol 1 also contains the Original Japanese Macross?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00M4EF57I/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2Z3EMIT03ZZZY&coliid=I28DPCGU6IY9OQ

I wonder how badly it's butchered though. I hate to give HG my money but I cant find Macross on BD in the US for less than several hundred bux.

"This product is manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media." sounds like a bootleg? doubt you will get bluray quality iehter. if dvd quality is ok i think animego released dvd versionf of the original macross around 7-10 years ago?

As far as I've understood, it's the same as the old subbed releases of SDF Macross and I haven't heard anything about them being butchered. Have I missed something?

"This product is manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media." sounds like a bootleg?

No, it's an official, Amazon exclusive release.

You can't get the BD's IN Japan for less than several hundred bux either!! :p

• 2 weeks later...

Hoho, it looks like Tomo Sakurai and Chie Kajiura will reunite in February for Chie's unofficial "Not-MyleneNight" third party event :p

Fantastic!

Did anyone from the SpeakerPODcast make it to that FB Live event in October? I was hoping to hear about it on the last episode (but the MacrossWorld report was awesome).

I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more Chie!