Arcadia YF-19 or Yamato Double Nuts?

bbrain

Entertaining the idea of dropping $250-$300 on something.. What would you rather Arcadia with fast packs or the Yamato Double Nuts?

(tried reading through the arcadia yf-19 thread to get an idea, but there is too many pages of love v. hate going on in there)

The thing whit the new Arcadia YF-19 is that haters gonna hate. No matter what some people will find something to complain at the end.

Yes, indeed is a very impressive toy. But you can't have everything you want in a toy and that is what is bugging a lot of people.(IMO, this things are not even toys).

If you already own a 1/60 YF-19 by Yamato, get the double Nuts. Get a different color scheme.

If you do not own a YF-19 get the one from Arcadia.

Edit: I own both, Arcadia and Yamato. Yes, Yamato feels like a cheap toy compared to Arcadia, but remember that Yamato was released several years back. It is not even fare to compare the quality.

Edited by Froy

The thing whit the new Arcadia YF-19 is that haters gonna hate. No matter what some people will find something to complain at the end.

Yes, indeed is a very impressive toy. But you can't have everything you want in a toy and that is what is bugging a lot of people.(IMO, this things are not even toys).

If you already own a 1/60 YF-19 by Yamato, get the double Nuts. Get a different color scheme.

If you do not own a YF-19 get the one from Arcadia.

nooo...I owned 3 YF-19 Yamato, sold all to replace them with the Arcadia and perfectly happy about it.

Or you can own both versions, and keep Yamato's in fighter without showing the gullet.

The Yamato looks fine in fighter mode, except for the gullet and the floppiness.

Yeah don't listen to those guys. Even the guys throwin around the hate would admit the Arcadia is better (their complaints are of the nitpicky kind anyway). I own both versions.

Thanks for the input fellas, looks as if all the Arcadia hate is unwarranted and i will be deciding it first hand soon enough! Now, where to buy... =)

Ah, no. Because the Yamato VF-19 exists and the Arcadia YF-19 is being compared to that thing. Not the old, busted, Yamato YF-19.

Entertaining the idea of dropping $250-$300 on something.. What would you rather Arcadia with fast packs or the Yamato Double Nuts?

(tried reading through the arcadia yf-19 thread to get an idea, but there is too many pages of love v. hate going on in there)

Not sure why I couldn't find a way to articulate this earlier, but personally I'd go with the Arcadia YF-19 over the Yamato 19 Double Nuts.

Why? Because for me once there is a "new and improved" version of a thing I can't go back to the older one. Not unless (2) things, the first is if there's some nostalgic value or second if there's some collectible charm associated with the older variant.

In either direction good luck with your purchase. As others have recommended HLJ is the safe bet, but when available that 18% discount sure is enticing at AmiAmi.

-b.

Arcadia for sure. It's better right across the board. Most striking is the locking chest and side view in fighter mode. It feels closer to being like a toy more than a display piece. If you do get the old yamato off second hand seller, bargain them down as much as possible.

Out of the three yamato macross plus 1/60 toys the yf-19 is considered the worst. 1/60 VF-11 being the best.

Save your money on not buying yamato yf-19 and see if you can find a yamato 1/60 vf-11 instead. (C or B doesn't matter they are both great but B has better gunpod imo)

VF-11 Fast packs = super easy to install too. (Magnets)

I sold my old YF-19 before buying this one. Cleared some space and made another collector of transforming vehicles happy.

The main complaints are things that involve:

-ankles (which was also a complaint of the VF-19 too but people hoped they changed the design by now but they didn't - this is a valid complaint for those who are scared it will fall and break itself when you shake the desk/shelf display while it is in battroid mode)

-price (VF-19S people have said feels more high quality in plastic but was cheaper than this)

-lack of tampo prints for premium toy (time consuming - same thing happened with the VF-17)

-no stand (some believe this takes priority over the missiles as you did not see these in the ova anyway and probably would have suited being in a seperate accessories pack that has limited run - I mean even the Arm launcher was shown in the anime so why not have that instead of missiles?)

-wing gimmick (some feel that having a locked wing with no hispeed gimmick is better than having the gimmick with the chance of it getting loose over time)

-some paint scrape during transformation process on some toys (can't say if this is true for all)

-gunpod loses a tiny detail

-some guys don't like how the FP attach because it is time-consuming and felt loose when attached

But apart from that, the toy is great. When we are comparing this toy and nitpicking, we are comparing the toy to the Yamato VF-19 from macross 7 which is considered the best yamato made toy before they died. (along with the VF-4 which people are hoping will get a re-release again) Not the old YF-19 from macross plus.

The difference between the old and the new yf-19 is like night and day. I think one of the most important things is how it feels in your hands. Overall much more expensive feeling and the poses for battroid mode are better. Just make sure to consider that this is competing with the still available VF-19 toys too. You are paying a premium for the premium. And that doesn't mean you are getting ripped off but it does mean you have to consider that there are just as complex toys as this still floating around out there you can obtain for less money. (which some consider having higher grade plastic, perhaps because macross 7 was more popular as a show in japan and perhaps this meant they invested more into that one)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I think most here are right with suggesting the Arcadia. I too, own both, and would rather have the Arcadia version for several reasons. The first is that the engineering is amazing, and looks amazing in all modes, despite minor flaws some have reported (feet loosening due to a ball joint). Second, the amount of extras that come with this toy give you all the amenities you'd ever want from this toy. The amount of missiles, the extra seat, the 3 different pilots, attachments for the old Yamato fold booster, just can't be beat.Third, while I have respect for the old Yamato version, if you're going to spend that kind of money, might as well get the most out of that expenditure, and all these things should count for that.

Guest davidwhangchoi

we should respect all opinions on the forums and no one should be personally attacked based on their views.

that said... no one sane would take a double nuts over the arcadia.

ok, does anyone choose the double nuts over arcadia? if you do... i called it. you are stupid.

we should respect all opinions on the forums and no one should be personally attacked based on their views.

that said... no one sane would take a double nuts over the arcadia.

ok, does anyone choose the double nuts over arcadia? if you do... i called it. you are stupid.

The paint scheme on the Double Nuts is better...

In my opinion feels like arcadia is less stingy than yamato

honestly I was not thrilled with the yf 19 again but when I opened the box all change not only for the engineering "per se" all the extras like isamu without helmet the fast pack and the compatibility with the old foldbooster what I mean is full of little details designed for fans

Guest davidwhangchoi

The paint scheme on the Double Nuts is better...

personal attack initiated. Charge!!!! :p

Edited by davidwhangchoi

HAHA. well i am pretty sure i am going for the Arcadia as my next bird (besides my getting the 1/65 M7 gifts)..also would be my first NON VF-1 (see how i didn't know the first thing about these), but the Double Nuttsack i was looking at was about $100 cheaper and possibly free ship, that was my concern, save the bill now and get a cool paint scheme, or save up for the better. I deserve the best, i work hard for it =)

HAHA. well i am pretty sure i am going for the Arcadia as my next bird (besides my getting the 1/65 M7 gifts)..also would be my first NON VF-1 (see how i didn't know the first thing about these), but the Double Nuttsack i was looking at was about $100 cheaper and possibly free ship, that was my concern, save the bill now and get a cool paint scheme, or save up for the better. I deserve the best, i work hard for it =)

If you already own a Yamato VF-1 pulling the Double Nuts out of the package would be a HUGE let down as it feels infinitely inferior even to that. The Arcadia 19 is 100x better then that old Yamato YF-19.

• 1 year later...

I have owned the Yamato YF-19, sold it long time ago, and then got the YF-19 Double Nuts. In comparison to the Yamato VF-19S, the Double Nuts, feels rather cheap...like a KO. Now, after taking a close look at some photos of the Arcadia and Yamato versions, the Arcadia version would be a much bettter (visually as well as physically) choice. Plus, there's a substantial amount of accessories the Arcadia version comes with.

The Yamato Double Nuts is quite gapy in a few areas, which is a big disappointment, considering how much I paid for it. You can even get a Yamato VF-19S (which is much more solid, and heavier) for much less on ebay.

I'll probably keep the Double Nuts as I won't be transforming him anytime soon, and I do like the light grey and dark blue paint scheme.

reading about this made me wanted to get an Arcadia YF-19.

Seriously guys, stop making me wanting to get more valks, pleaseeeeeeeeeeee

Hahaha! Don't blame us. After all, we're just encouraging people to get the good stuff. :lol: I'm sure you will never ever regret getting that fantabulous Valk and especially that SAP pack. ;)

Hahaha! Don't blame us. After all, we're just encouraging people to get the good stuff. :lol: I'm sure you will never ever regret getting that fantabulous Valk and especially that SAP pack. ;)

lol, im sure i wont regret it. When they cut my electricity and internet for unpayed bills, at least i can stare and get to play with the valk XD

Edited by Mr Bomber