Arcadia 1/60 VF-19 Custom Nekki Basara Special with Sound Booster

SaitouSad

Hell, if anything, this will be a time for my wallet to take a breather while it recoups from the Chronos, and the Prophecy, as well as the Tornado parts, and the Isamu YF-29 armor parts.

Hell, if anything, this will be a time for my wallet to take a breather while it recoups from the Chronos, and the Prophecy, as well as the Tornado parts, and the Isamu YF-29 armor parts.

+ Ozma YF-29, 25A Super Parts, and, and, and...

A good problem to have if you like "stuff" but it really never ends.

-b.

That's cold.... ;)

D.O.A....... :lol:

But seriously, 4 months into the year and we have our first "re-release" announcement......Does that mean we should expect 2 more before 2014 is behind us?

August 2014 would be the perfect time to celebrate the 30th year of the "Summer of Macross"....with some VF's that folks actually want to buy? :rolleyes:

gallery_12176_608_62458.jpg

Does Arcadia want to stay in business? They're releases are bizzare in the least. They opened with a undisireable paint scheme VF-1 mass release at double the msrp. Then re-released 2 VF-1s that were already previously re-release the year prior. The released the YF-19 but acording to counts (mine isn't here yet) is not as good quality as the yamato VF-19 (hugely dissapointing). And now the VF-19 Kai with soundbooster. Don't get me wrong, i love the Kai. So much that i have 2 of them. But they're are still easy to come by. Some shops still have it for sale. The key here will be price. I can't see them going together for less than $400. I don't think they're going to sell too many at that price.

+ Ozma YF-29, 25A Super Parts, and, and, and...

A good problem to have if you like "stuff" but it really never ends.

-b.

^^QFT! My wallet growls at me like a dog anytime I start thinking about buying anything lol. I have all that stuff on pre order too guys.

I want a VF-5000. Too obscure?

They said they will only release 1 new mold a year. We got the new YF-19 this year. Next year we get the VF-0D.

Does Arcadia want to stay in business? They're releases are bizzare in the least. They opened with a undisireable paint scheme VF-1 mass release at double the msrp. Then re-released 2 VF-1s that were already previously re-release the year prior. The released the YF-19 but acording to counts (mine isn't here yet) is not as good quality as the yamato VF-19 (hugely dissapointing). And now the VF-19 Kai with soundbooster. Don't get me wrong, i love the Kai. So much that i have 2 of them. But they're are still easy to come by. Some shops still have it for sale. The key here will be price. I can't see them going together for less than $400. I don't think they're going to sell too many at that price.

You know I kinda wondered the same thing. I have bought 3 releases from them that I did not really need but wanted to pump money in to the Arcadia camp. Then I bought 2x YF-19's from them. I don't have any glaring holes in my collection atm, but I would have liked to see them do a nice repaint we never got.

I think the anniversary also has a lot to do with this release. If they release all the Mac7 VF-19's in matte I might kick myself though lol.

It really is a shame that Arcadia miss the gold mine that is producing the Valks and destroid, left than. People like experten have done this and I have not done wrong.

http://experten.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/vf5000/index.html

http://experten.cocolog-nifty.com/

But Yamato already tried to do destroids, nobody bought them.

As for experten, they can get away with making kits of super obscure stuff is because they have incredibly tiny production runs with high sale prices and (relatively) low overhead/up-front costs.

Edited by anime52k8

I wouldn't even bet on them being profitable.. wouldn't surprise me if they operate just to break even.

Either way though, I can't see this being successful when there's a relatively large amount of these still on the market. Unless they add some bonus features (stand like the VF-1s, extra figures, etc), I don't see this being a big seller. The effort to redesign the intakes to use the YF-19 style ones wouldn't be worth the cost in tooling.

But Yamato already tried to do destroids, nobody bought them.

As for experten, they can get away with making kits of super obscure stuff is because they have incredibly tiny production runs with high sale prices and (relatively) low overhead/up-front costs.

Marketing rules us unfortunately....

Not that I like Arcadia business decision but from what I've seen in the Japanese market. All Yammies Macross 7 valks have retain their MSRP or even higher, Macross 7 was insanely popular in Japan. Arcadia must cater to their market which sadly are not us.

I'd do like a VF-11C reissue or maybe VF-11D jamming bird.

If Arcadia wants to make a lot of bucks easy they just have to make a limited release reissue for the VF-1J M&M, VF-4G, 1/3000 SDF-1 and VF-11C. After that, they can release all the Basara they feel like.

I dunno, I don't think the M&Ms have ever been big sellers. They always come out late in the VF-1 runs, after everyone else has appeared. I think a lot of the perceived want for those just comes from the foreign audiences, who seem to like them a lot more then Japan.

Guest davidwhangchoi

agree just because they are rare and cost alot doesn't mean they were huge sellers.

virgin road, 1j mass, ve-1, vt-1, 11c were in the bargin bin for a long time.

vf-1d trainer, and low viz just seemed to be low print. as i've seen them for a while. before they all dissappeared.

vf-1j M&M were just low print bc yamato knew not to print many due to the M&M 1/48 begin long time shelf warmers.

i think these became rare, being out of print plus the panic helped yamato increase in demand after they went bankrupt. prior to that, i think no one really ran for yamato's but waited for the bargain bin.

i think arcadia learned from that and are closely looking at bandai's model.

ultra low preorder scheme look at bandai reprinting the vf-25F 2x times. (that's a total of three 25F releases) before releasing the 25s, bandai knows what they are doing in stringing everyone along.

Arcadia tried that by closing there own preorder window 3x for the 19 on their website. (how do you put a limit on a made to order and close pre-orders after the first day????) they are trying it bandai style, limit the pre-orders to drive demand.

i think it really works.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I could have sworn the Kai was pretty easy to find, and at fair prices. This is a weird announcement, I just want some VF-1s and the VF-4 re-released, is that too much to ask?

They are pretty easy to find! After reading this thread I just purchased one about an hour ago! lol! Figured I'd may as well as I had been meaning to pick one up for a while now and I wasn't going to wait for Arcadia's re-release as I dont particularly care much for the sound booster bit. Brand new unopened condition. Was fairly cheap too!

Edited by spanner76

Guest davidwhangchoi

Mr-K has just stated that this re release is going to be the same than the original one except for they're considering to include a few extras and a change... in colour.

you know what i was thinking? these so called changes in color maybe perhaps not by choice. is it possible they cannot re-create the exact colors as before? (just thinking out loud)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

That's interesting. I wonder if, as part of the "extras", they will finally produce those mini 1/60 Fire Bomber figures of Basara, Mylene, Ray and Veffidas that they showed that one time. I should still have the photo of the prototypes somewhere...

Edited by Renato

you know what i was thinking? these so called changes in color maybe perhaps not by choice. is it possible they cannot re-create the exact colors as before? (just thinking out loud)

Well, who knows, it well may be the case, although I think they're just looking for a very simple way to differentiate this new version from the old one and that the completists won't be able to resist just for the sake of being... well, completists.

Yeah, he said that they might change it "as it's the 20th anniversary", so it might even just be a sparkly/metallic red paintjob. I believe they did that with the old Garland special edition pack, didn't they? The one that came with the Megazone DVD.

That's interesting. I wonder if, as part of the "extras", they will finally produce those mini 1/60 Fire Bomber figures of Basara, Mylene, Ray and Veffidas that they showed that one time. I should still have the photo of the prototypes somewhere...

That'd be something simple and dangerously irresistible for many.