Poll for YF-19 orders?

CrazyDude

good thread idea. start it already.

Toy prices are going up up up but quality checking seems to be going back down. hehe

Mine came out ok though. Transformed it once in to each mode. Have it standing in battroid mode.

Hopefully Graham can help us out with replacement parts when they arrive with cracked pieces just like the old days of yamato toys. lol

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

My YF-19 arrived last Monday. I opened it on Thursday and popped the gear and played with the wings and the tail fins immediately, as I often do with Valkyries. There are no issues but I am taking my time learning the transformation.

Edited by technoblue

2x from HLJ, I only opened 1 and it's still in fighter mode and appears fine so far. The other was examined through the window and so far looks fine too.

The OP should create a poll...

Edited by Loop

Got mine from HLJ, minor paint chips on some of the plastic parts, one of the hip sliders was frozen in place, excess glue on the wings, loose right shoulder, black paint scrapped off canopy during 1st transformation. Yup, this bird is going back to Japan.

Got mine from HLJ, minor paint chips on some of the plastic parts, one of the hip sliders was frozen in place, excess glue on the wings, loose right shoulder, black paint scrapped off canopy during 1st transformation. Yup, this bird is going back to Japan.

715d1348219178-2012-what-my-chances-inte

Personally I find HLJ packaging rocks, might cost a tad more?

Recall one parcel recently arriving and it got wet and dented, Yamato driver insisted I open it in front of him and check contents.

These days the driverS verify the I am home before fetching the parcel if it rains.

Add in COD for Yamato or 2 week payment at convenience store after arrival for Sagawa.

Plus we can set day and hour for delivery.

Got to love japan.

2 from HLJ which came in the original Arcadia carton.

No transformations yet though. My first time with a 19 so a bit intimidated.

No major problems. Did notice loose joints on the tailfins on one of them, so that one will probably be battroid mode.

When it comes to packaging its hlj and hkc. Amiami and ny use paper/newspaper instead of bubble wrap.

Hm, all my goods from NY came wrapped in bubble wrap lately. If my memory serves me right. However I miss the hand written thank you notes.

Mine arrived in perfect condition. After a couple of rough transformations, this valk is still solid as a rock with 0 issues.

I didn't know it was possible, but Arcadia/Yamato keeps on improving their QC with each release. This valk is the best one I've got so far.

I hope we don’t turn any stiff joint into a full blown QC conspiracy, as there was with the Yamato VF-1 cracked shoulders (1 out of my 9 valks have this “issue”).

(BTW I'm curious, I have yet to see a similar thread for the Bandai Renewals. All mine (8) are riddled with loose limbs, paint scratches & smudges and various other issues, which we surprisingly don’t acknowledge much)

Mine arrived in perfect condition. After a couple of rough transformations, this valk is still solid as a rock with 0 issues.

I didn't know it was possible, but Arcadia/Yamato keeps on improving their QC with each release. This valk is the best one I've got so far.

I hope we don’t turn any stiff joint into a full blown QC conspiracy, as there was with the Yamato VF-1 cracked shoulders (1 out of my 9 valks have this “issue”).

(BTW I'm curious, I have yet to see a similar thread for the Bandai Renewals. All mine (8) are riddled with loose limbs, paint scratches & smudges and various other issues, which we surprisingly don’t acknowledge much)

That's very true to an extent - Bandai's Cannon Fodder 171 has caught some well deserved heat for being a crap release and there's general conversation about Bandai's limbs getting loose over time but all-in-all Yamato and now Arcadia releases are subject to scrutiny more than the average.

Now it could be any number or really innocent reasons, like price per release, our own high expectations related to price, line-art-accuracy, etc. Being reasonable I'm going to go with the higher expectation reason for the additional conversation over their releases.

It's always good to see those that get a copy of X release without any issues and it's always garbage to see issues like broken parts right out of the box with one as well.

-b.

Got my YF-19 from Big in Japan, and it came fine. Ankles became loose only after posing in Gerwalk, and the hinge on the wing itself became a tad loose (moves easily when touched, but will sit still otherwise). Rest of the Valk is great! Tight joints and improved articulation.

Felt the metal extension on the arms were a tad weird, but didn't bother me much for long.

I still have a 2nd in 1 HLJ's PW, but will probably leave it in fighter mode when it arrives.

Edited by SaitouSad