Display Stands for 1/60 VFs?

Delta

Someone else had asked about banking. I could confidently do either or, but not both tilting and banking in one piece. I would have low confidence in a piece like that holding up. I should have something more on that tonight.

Edit:

Glijxvrl.jpg

Zbh2KxHl.jpg

4OICuWsl.jpg

On96r5cl.jpg

7sxS5dpl.jpg

Awesome. I want, nay, need 3 of these.

ChaoticYeti: you sir, are the savior of Messiah stands.

Also, it seems as if you could offer both "climb/dive" and "bank" top pieces, and we could swap them out whenever we wish.

Edited by Sildani

ChaoticYeti: you sir, are the savior of Messiah stands.

Also, it seems as if you could offer both "climb/dive" and "bank" top pieces, and we could swap them out whenever we wish.

Yep. It is just the end piece that gets swapped.

Well, you can print these in black, suggest the proper size bolts, nuts, and o-rings we can buy ourselves, and you can see you have an eager (overeager?) market.

What are you waiting for? ;)

Well, you can print these in black, suggest the proper size bolts, nuts, and o-rings we can buy ourselves, and you can see you have an eager (overeager?) market.

What are you waiting for? ;)

YwuwBj0.jpg

Someone else had asked about banking. I could confidently do either or, but not both tilting and banking in one piece. I would have low confidence in a piece like that holding up. I should have something more on that tonight.

Actually, it might be decently simple if you use the type of connection used on the Yamato YF-21 stand. You could make an adapter for the tip of the arm that uses an octagonal hole and pin, and you could mount the valk at a few angles to get a decent variety of combined bank and pitch angles.

Actually, it might be decently simple if you use the type of connection used on the Yamato YF-21 stand. You could make an adapter for the tip of the arm that uses an octagonal hole and pin, and you could mount the valk at a few angles to get a decent variety of combined bank and pitch angles.

That little printed peg would not last long.

Or:

91Yfx07l.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

The Bandai Action Base 1 stands work pretty well. They are flexible - 11 holes in the base to position the arms. Also much sturdier than they look. Both arms have a locking extension mechanism.

The peg adapter that comes with the stand can be shaved down a bit to work with the YF-21 stand adapters. The VF-11 is using EXOs wonderful adapters (printed in black).

post-2724-0-25308100-1396716010_thumb.jpeg

post-2724-0-99362300-1396716022_thumb.jpeg

post-2724-0-41827900-1396716067_thumb.jpeg

I haven't gotten that far yet, but it is a possibility. I would need to sell at least 1,000 for injection molding. Do you think there is that much demand for these?

Start a kickstarter and post it here and on transformers boards?

Also, depending on cost, I'd be in for 10.

I was thinking about kickstarter. I want to design a generic launch/hanger style base. I will meet with a local manufacturer to talk about machining costs. That will help determine the route to take.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Start a kickstarter and post it here and on transformers boards?

Also, depending on cost, I'd be in for 10.

Same here. For the right price I'd like maybe 5 bandai arms and another 3~5 with bases.

Just trying out the kit of parts at this point. Having the 2 2-axis joints will help keep the item displayed stay closer to its center of gravity when trying more extreme angles.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Kickstarter would work well. Once you got a estimated cost from a tooler you could set it up.

I'd go with making Bandai arms that attach to the existing base like you have.

It would be a lower price point and a buy for everyone who collects DX.

Add the extra cash as a stretch goal for a base plate.

Then make that base plate compatible with the arms for people who want a

Non SMS base. Last major stretch goal should be a Yamato connector for the arm tops.

A really well done stand would sell more then a thousand.

In fact I'd bet you'd have a 1000 just from this site, just between Kicker and Macross Master..

Haha, but really, I think it's more then possible.

Edited by skullmilitia

so the tightness is controlled by compressive force of the oring by screwing the bolt into the nut? good idea and if the o-rings are a standard size an economical one as well. i like these stands quite a bit. i would however prefer a clear arms though.

Yes. The o-ring generates the friction. The printed arms do not make contact with each other.

Just an idea, Maybe the base can be the same on the Yamarcadia/Bandai DX. Not sure if it's possible, but you could design the top of the base to allow for a thin lock in style top plate that you lay on and rotate to lock. That way you can choose to display it with either the UN Spacy Kite/SMS/NUNS logo. This would also allow the user to not use the original bandai base if you don't want to. I hate the foot print on the bandai base because the back end is kinda long.

Posted an idea in the other thread did not realize there were 2 of these threads.. Would be nice to merge them.

Anyways the idea I had for you Yeti: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=40891#entry1112761

Edited by Loop