DX Chogokin YF-25 Prophecy

SaitouSad

Oh hell, I'm gonna have to bite. I like that head style in Battroid.

I noticed that website linked to mentions 2014|6? Does that mean this sucker is coming in June?

Looks like it fell backwards to me. Maybe it's the angle of the picture.

You don't like the Gerwalk Slalom look?

Also, where's my YF-30 news, dammit?

Edited by Mommar

Please bandai, web exclusive please

Is this an ironic comment or what am I missing? Sorry if I'm being a little thick, but what is the advantage of a web exclusive?

Also, there is a comment on this thread about "F5 ami ami" and preorder b.s. ... could someone please clarify this? I know what ami ami is, but "F5"?

Thanks

Is this an ironic comment or what am I missing? Sorry if I'm being a little thick, but what is the advantage of a web exclusive?

Also, there is a comment on this thread about "F5 ami ami" and preorder b.s. ... could someone please clarify this? I know what ami ami is, but "F5"?

Thanks

Are you new to DX Chogokin releases?

If a release is a web exclusive, it would mean we would not have to scramble to get one in the very limited time window the a typical DX Chogokin Valk takes to sell out. This is because Web Exclusives are made to order (they have a cut off date instead).

Regular retail releases on the other hand tend to sell out very quickly (probably due in part to limited quantity for each retailer), so every time a preorder goes up, it's a mad rush to get even 1 order in. Thus constant F5s to refresh the order page. Those who don't make it, are usually resigned to the fate of paying a higher mark up price later through other channels like Nippon Yasan or the aftermarket

Edited by SaitouSad

Are you new to DX Chogokin releases?

If a release is a web exclusive, it would mean we would not have to scramble to get one in the very limited time window the a typical DX Chogokin Valk takes to sell out. This is because Web Exclusives are made to order (they have a cut off date instead).

Regular retail releases on the other hand tend to sell out very quickly (probably due in part to limited quantity for each retailer), so every time a preorder goes up, it's a mad rush to get even 1 order in. Thus constant F5s to refresh the order page. Those who don't make it, are usually resigned to the fate of paying a higher mark up price later through other channels like Nippon Yasan or the aftermarket

Got it. Thanks!

anyway, besides the head, what is/are the other difference between this and VF-25?

According to what I can discern, the head and cockpit are different. The YF-25 Prophecy model has a two seater cockpit that looks as if it was meant to hold two occupants regularly like the VF-0B/D.

According to what I can discern, the head and cockpit are different. The YF-25 Prophecy model has a two seater cockpit that looks as if it was meant to hold two occupants regularly like the VF-0B/D.

This one is two-seated. You see both pilots in there.

i still think the 25 is the best design in the whole frontier/video game series of valks. This 2 seat version reminds me of just how good it is. also its got a unique color scheme that is jarring at first but grows on you. i want one. must get. will prioritize above trying to track down a yf-29 ozma. i seriously need more display space/cabinets. dx chogokins take up so much space!

Edited by Mechapilot77

Ok, now this one I want...

Welp, there goes a chunk of my bonus

Official Tamashii link

http://tamashii.jp/special/pickup/201406vzpcg/

Oh, and it says this:

※上記商品は一般店頭での発売を予定しております。

which basically means General Release.......

fuuuu4rlz_by_justananimefreak123-d4kg8en

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Meh, pass for me. It's certainly a nice looking scheme with a cool battroid head but in the end, it's just another 25 in every other aspect.

Man, they're really milking the 25 mold prior to re-releasing Ozma's 25S...

Another stupid question: is this a good thread to check in with to secure a pre-order or should I just be obsessively checking Ami Ami regularly to secure one? Or both? As a new dad my time is somewhat limited for obsessing over Macross but I want to make sure I get this, the -30 and Arcadia's -0D. Thanks for yer patience.

Edited by warrhead

Is anyone else tired of repaints I get we all like them but stillusing every color in the rainbow still a cheap method to get sales I want a new mold something different.it looks nice but you know money is tight and we all collect different things so got to give preference

Edited by moose

Is anyone else tired of repaints I get we all like them but stillusing every color in the rainbow still a cheap method to get sales I want a new mold something different.it looks nice but you know money is tight and we all collect different things so got to give preference

I own 20 differenet VF-1's so I can't complain.

So with this, it seems more and more likely Bandai might make a YF-24 except for the fact that side-by-side they're VERY similar looking in fighter mode.

Edited by Mommar

Arrgh!!! Turn off my computer one minute and then looky here... gotta try to get one. Maybe they'll make a paladin parts kit a few months after release. Gotta find the paint color swatches

Edited by wmkjr