Bandai DX YF-29 Ozma Lee Coloring

Kanedas Bike

Based on the render they appear to have the canopy color wrong i.e. terrible. Then again, between the two renders the crystals don't even match. In the fighter mode all of the crystals and canopy appear purple while in the Battroid render the crystals appear to be a pale blue. Either way the toy-gem color Bandai has going here kind of ruins the rest of the scheme.

Edited by Mommar

looks good. the yf-29 is truly bandai's vf-1 now. lol. with all these repaints coming out almost makes me wish i hadn't sold my alto scheme one so i could have "completeness"....but then again that scheme was truly meh. every one since then has been better by far.

does that say its coming out in may? so soon after spluring for the yf-19....don't know if i'll get it.

Edited by Mechapilot77

Everyone has to get this Ozma, because Ozma is a badass. The only pilot with facial hair, and unlike Fokker, Ozma will punch his own guys to make a point.

That and he got wounded in both the series and the movies.

He even did the Roy, forget the wounds, I'll hang out till I pass out move.

I originally didn't think I would have room in my collection for more than one YF-29(the Isamu custom) but this Ozma custom sure is tempting. I like the head sculpt and I really like the darker colours in fighter mode combined with the yellow highlights.

I don't care for the blue as shown in the photo but it's not necessarily what the production model will have. I'd like to see a darker and more subdued blue or purple for the canopy. From the screenshots of the fighter mode I've seen, the canopy and crystals seem to have a purple tint that is revealed when light sources hit the surfaces.

Edit:

skullmilitia and Gakken85 make strong arguments. I must buy the YF-29 Ozma custom now!

Edited by Newtype78

At first blush I'm not that big a fan of the head sculpt but I'd need to see a clear picture of the toy. Either way it's still on my buy-list.

The blue canopy and crystals don't bother me too much, if they keep them then fine, if they change them then that's fine too.

-b.

OK. Im sold. Starting to piggy banking from now...

was thinking to get a 25A as my sole bandai frontier valk...but now that theyre releasing a dark valk, I think I'll jump on this one instead.

Get both - the 25A was an amazing release from Bandai.

-b.

Everyone has to get this Ozma, because Ozma is a badass. The only pilot with facial hair, and unlike Fokker, Ozma will punch his own guys to make a point.

That and he got wounded in both the series and the movies.

He even did the Roy, forget the wounds, I'll hang out till I pass out move.

true but he is too obviously a roy derivative character IMO. they were like lets take everybody's favorite guy and let him not die and make him more macho and "complex". i wish he was more different.

true but he is too obviously a roy derivative character IMO. they were like lets take everybody's favorite guy and let him not die and make him more macho and "complex". i wish he was more different.

Agree for the most part. Even understanding (well, my understanding) that Macross Frontier was a gigantic homage to the Macross series that came before Ozma was very much Roy reincarnated.

On topic I keep stalking Nippon-Yasan and some other sites to see when pre-orders go up. :ph34r:

-b.

He was the only real man in the series. In fact, the series should have been nothing but 26 episodes of Ozma kicking everyone's ass when he wasn't too busy screwing all the women. That would have been epic.

-Kyp

Well crap. There goes my Year. I dont know if I have any room for any more Valks, then bandai springs this on us.

Its either Hovercopter over NY or Anime-Export or give my contact in Tokyo a call. With a May Release, I can only assume the preorders would start up soon.

Not only that the YF30 is up this year too right?

*Tableflip*

Edited by XFJ-01A

Homage my ass, Ozma put down way more death than Fokker.

He also took bullets to protect his guys and nearly took out a cyborg on his own.

Ozma lived, Fokker got taken out by a Kamjin punch.

Not being mean, but homage? I think your misinterpreting the fact he's flying the Skull 001 colors and

Has to be macho, he's the squad leader to the elite group of SMS.

Ozma is clearly not a womanizer either as he gave up Catherine to take care of Ranka

Who was an orphaned kid. That's a man, being a big brother to a kid with no family!

Ozma is true Hero, in the clearest sense.

Back on topic, Ozma stuff takes Alto's place in my collection because Alto

Was a Emo coward, who only got lucky because Sheryl gave him the fold crystal.

I won't even get into the TV show.

Plus Black valk? Dur yes!

I'm a Focker man through and through but Ozma made Frontier for me. I couldn't stand anyone else on the team.

So much good stuff coming out and so little space and money :(

Edited by xrentonx